4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Love it and hate it.

My family and I have went through three expensive, big-name microwave ovens in the past eleven years. We have had this one for about a year now, and it has it's ups and...Read complete review

My family and I have went through three expensive, big-name microwave ovens in the past eleven years. We have had this one for about a year now, and it has it's ups and downs to it.

It is a very powerful microwave. When we first got it, I had to re-adjust to adding less time when heating food and drinks. I'm always shocked when I use a microwave at my fiance's house, how different it is in power to my Whirlpool microwave I have to heat up tea for over a minute to get it the same temperature I would in my microwave for about 40 seconds. There is a significant amount of power difference.

Settings/Features
I really, really hate that you can not turn off the very loud beeping sound that it makes when it is done running. I do not know WHY they didn't think to make it possible to turn this sound off; you can turn the sound off for the 'number of seconds' buttons, but not this. It can wake people up if they're several rooms away. I just really hate that.

It really can be a pain to clean. Another negative is that sometimes the rotating glass plate inside it will randomly come out of place, and it's knocked over dishes and made a mess. I could cry when that happens.

It is defintely easy to figure out, sometimes when I use a new microwave I'm not familiar with, I can't figure out all the crazy buttons on it. I hate the microwaves where you have to hit a button and it starts automatically for an entire minute and crazy things like that...no, this one is simple.

So far, so good, but I've only had it a year, so we'll see.

The design is decent, nothing fancy, but you could do a lot worse. I do love how spacious it is inside, can hold very large bowls and tall glasses, almost anything you would need to fit into a microwave.

Good at cooking, poor durability

We bought this microwave a handful of years about and have already had to replace it. While we were satisfied with how it cooks, and the functions and buttons, we were sorely disappointed in it's durability. The handle broke and fell off, which led to us having to replace it.

Performance was good and consistent.

Settings/Features
The settings and features were good, not too many buttons or settings. Easy to use and find the right buttons. Buttons/feature are self explanatory.

Easy of cleaning was about average. This is an over the stove microwave, so of course it got more splatters on it. The exhaust filter was a bit hard to clean.

Very easy to use, buttons are self explanatory. Functions are simple to use. Only trouble was trying to install it on the wall.

Poor durability, after a couple years the handle cracked. It was too expensive to replace the handle/door. Over a short period of time, the crack grew worse, which led to bottom screw of the handle falling out, eventually led to bigger cracks along the door, which eventually led to the whole glass sliding out of the door.

About as average as any design. Nothing too fancy, just a microwave. Fits in nicely with other appliances.

Whirlpool 1000 watt oven hood microwave

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Whirlpool 1000 Watt 1.4 Cu. Ft. Microwave Oven/Hood Combo:

Very quiet and efficient microwave

Heats very evenly

Settings/Features
Very easy to program and use. lot's of presets for defrost and cook cycles

No different form most microwaves.

Very east to operate this microwave.

I believe it's as durable as they can make one. never had an issue.

Great sleek looks and up to date.

Love it and hate it.

Settings/Features

So far, so good, but I've only had it a year, so we'll see.

• Settings/Features:

Easy to use, long lasting, and lasts

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Whirlpool 1000 Watt 1.4 Cu. Ft. Microwave Oven/Hood Combo:

This microwave has every button you can think of yet it's easy to use. It's powerful but able to fit above the range. It's easy to clean and has a good amount of space. It is very easy to clean, the front wipes very smoothly without pressing all of the buttons, and the inside plate comes out and is easy to put back on track! The buttons are well organized and not confusing. I have no complaints, I love it! I recommend it to anyone looking for a basic microwave. The nice thing is they microwave is very quiet and has sufficient functions to use.

Very easy to use, there are plenty of options to pick from but not at all confusing

It is very easy to use, it offers a lot of different settings but are very easy to use. It fits perfectly above my range. It is not a clumpy or bulky item.

Pretty good microwave

Comments about Whirlpool 1000 Watt 1.4 Cu. Ft. Microwave Oven/Hood Combo:

The parents I nanny for just had this installed in their kitchen and as the person who is home feeding their son all day I greatly appreciate the addition to the room. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but it's a solid appliance and definitely helps with making my job and their lives easier.

I'm really happy with the way it works. The child I nanny for eats a lot of microwave food and I always had to watch and make sure the suggested time on the food packaging was actually how long it needed to cook. With this microwave I've been putting food in for the suggested time and it cooks just right! It's nice not to be tethered to the microwave when the whole point of it is to simplify and save time.

Settings/Features
I haven't played around with many of these yet but I like what I've used so far.

I haven't had to read anything in the manuel yet, the buttons are self explanatory and I don't have to think too hard about it.

I like how it looks! I'm not crazy about the color but it still looks good.

• Settings/Features:

I need to get this microwave replaced soon.

from Chino, CA

Comments about Whirlpool 1000 Watt 1.4 Cu. Ft. Microwave Oven/Hood Combo:

This Whirlpool microwave over / hood combo was already installed in the kitchen when I bought my house. I haven't changed it for over 5 years. Although it still works fine, I would like to change it because the hood vent portion is getting really dirty. I try to clean it often, but it is now a yellowish color that won't come out at all. Also, the bottom plastic piece that surrounds the door is broken on the bottom. We had to tape it up so that the piece won't hang out so that we can still close the door. However, it still does a perfect job of heating up our food correctly.

It's a smaller microwave than most of the other ones you see these days, but it still works just as well. Heating something up for 1 minute is sometimes too hot already!

Settings/Features
I love the quick 30 second, 1 minute, or 2 minute pre-set buttons. I always use the 30 second one for everything and just push it again if I feel the food is not hot enough.

The microwave itself is easy to clean, but it's attached to the hood vent, and that is the part that makes it very hard to clean because it has ridges.

It's very simple to use, like most microwave ovens.

It still works well, but the design is not so good because the physical features are starting to fall apart.

They should have made the hood vent easier to clean.

Many functions Easy use

from Pikeville, TN

Comments about Whirlpool 1000 Watt 1.4 Cu. Ft. Microwave Oven/Hood Combo:

This is a powerful microwave. You can cook something from warming up a meal to cooking hamburger meat. It heats evenly.

Settings/Features
I really like the quick buttons feature. My favorite is the bacon button. Just choose number of slices and cook away. Popcorn is another helpful one. You can either do a individual bag or larger bag. It has both settings.

All I do is squirt on multi surface cleaner, let sit and wipe. Glass tray comes out and can either be wiped off or placed in dishwasher. Button panel is easy to wipe down with one swipe. Eraser type cleaning pad works wonders on the handle.

Most buttons are self explanatory. Another favorite is the add a minute. Sometimes its easier to just press it several times and it starts automatically.

We've owned this microwave for almost 10 years and it is still running like new. Light bulbs are easy to replace too. One simple screw to remove.

Very crisp, clean look.

• Settings/Features:

Good Microwave with some pretty cool features

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Whirlpool 1000 Watt 1.4 Cu. Ft. Microwave Oven/Hood Combo:

I had never used an over-the-range microwave before I had this one, and it may have just converted me! In addition to freeing up some counter space and doing the job of the old ugly oven hood, it has a lot of very nice built in features.
My favorite is the "Add Minute" button, just press it once and it will go for 1 minute, press twice and 2 minutes, you can even press it mid-cycle and it will add a minute to the time left, very handy.
There is a built in kitchen timer as well which is easy to set and has a nice 1 minute reminder after it goes off, not in an annoying way, just a little beep to remind you your food is done. I really like the fact that you can have the timer running, throw something in the microwave and cook it for however long you need, the timer will keep on going, no worries about losing your timer! Love that!
There are also 2 really cool buttons next to the fan one (of course there is a fan button, this is your oven hood). These 2 buttons say "light" (fairly standard) and "night light" (now that's neat!). I can choose how bring the light is and leave on a dim light at night to help me find the sink for a glass of water or when guests some to stay the night.
It has many functions for the microwave as well (i know i am amused by the side-items). There is a smart defrost function, popcorn settings, and more!
Very nice microwave with more than enough space inside, definitely recommend this!

A wet soapy sponge is all you need.

Okay so it might not be the mona-lisa but it works!

Going strong for 8 years

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Whirlpool 1000 Watt 1.4 Cu. Ft. Microwave Oven/Hood Combo:

This microwave has been going strong for 8 years. Whirlpool definitely knows how to make durable appliances. Only recently did the door crack which makes it a little harder to shut but it still works fine. It's not a very quiet microwave but it gets the job done. It's easy to clean and has a good amount of space. The buttons are well organized and not confusing. Sometimes you have to slam the door a little bit (or at least it sounds like you're slamming it) but I've noticed that with other microwaves as well. This microwave is great for the money and definitely heats food thoroughly and accurately. It looks great and the hood vent works well to pull the steam up from the stove and vent it out. The design of this microwave is well thought out and I would recommended this to others. Just try not to slam the door too hard because I believe that may have been what cracked mine.

Great Microwave

from Hartland, WI

Comments about Whirlpool 1000 Watt 1.4 Cu. Ft. Microwave Oven/Hood Combo:

Our old microwave was on its last leg, so we were in search of a new one. I wasn't looking for a lot of bells and whistles, just a basic microwave. I'm so glad we found this one. There are a lot of pros to it...the buttons are large, which is a plus for my husband as his vision is starting to go. It heats things up really well. From popcorn to potatoes to reheating a dinner, this microwave does the job! It is also pretty easy to use. Some microwaves are so complicated with tons of buttons, but this one is pretty straightforward. I'd say the only "downside" to this is that there are a few nooks and crannies that make it hard to clean. There is a glass tray that comes out, so that helps a lot, but it can be difficult to clean around the top and side corners.

Good at cooking, poor durability

from Glen Ellyn, IL

Comments about Whirlpool 1000 Watt 1.4 Cu. Ft. Microwave Oven/Hood Combo:

Performance was good and consistent.