4.8
26,591 reviews
Other E-commerce Websites:
Wex Photographic

Summary

Wex Photographic is the UK's largest independent online photographic retailer. Established in 1997, Wex offers a dedicated service for photographers at every level; a service that has been enjoyed by over 600,000 customers.

Read 26,591 Reviews

Wex Photographic

4.8

Just buy this thing camera kit, it won't disappoint!

Unbelievable Product, Great Service, Perfect Delivery/Packaging... I sound like I have share's in Wex and Fuji. I really don't, but this kit has blown me away. From the minute I opened the box I still can't believe how little it cost.

To start, as many have said and you might have noticed yourself. The lenses on their own are worth a couple hundred more then this package. It's not a trick, they are the really expensive XF lenses as advertised. My only thought is that as a package it makes it harder to resell the lenses and camera individually as the smaller lens doesn't come in it's own box (it shares with the camera body). Yet as I won't be selling any of this kit on ever, it doesn't bother me one bit, and it really shouldn't you either.

My last camera was the Canon 7D, which is a great camera. Having been a Canon user for over 10 years, I really should have stuck with them. But my first digital camera was a Fujifilm, I'm sure it wasn't much, even by the standards of it's day (2003), however I loved it. I was defiantly my most creative and never felt "noticed" or like I "stood out" when trying to take candid shots. That all changed when I moved to Canon.. again Canon make great camera's, but I wanted to be able to be a creative photographer, being able to capture organic candid shots out and about, or creating studio portraits. I could go on but the short of it is that this Fuji has taken me back, yes the mirrorless system is totally different and feels somewhat un-camera like at first. But all it took was 5 shots and then I stopped caring and began to enjoy just being a creative photographer again.

Just buy this kit basically. You won't regret it... One thing before I finish: I read one person said that their Lense mount was "loose"!? I can only speak for my one obviously.. but It's anything but loose. I actually think my one is a little bit too tight, but I'm not complaining...

Wex Photographic Good - Parcelforce a Disaster.

Dealing with Wex was simple & reliable and it is always good to know you are buying genuine EU stock & not grey when dealing with cameras.
There were no problems...Read complete review

There were no problems placing the order & again Wex had the parcel ready for delivery by courier on New Years Eve (31/Dec/2015) as promised i.e. it was packed & with the courier.
Now the problems started i.e. you are now dealing with Parcelforce - a courier service - and the parcel was sent by Wex using the Parcelforce, "Express 24hour Service".
The only thing "express" about the service was the rate at which the Newport (Gwent) depot came up with excuses for not delivering. It took much persistence & about 6 phone calls (including to the National complaints line for Parcelforce) before delivery was completed on Sunday 3rd January 2016. I make that approximately 72 hours for their Express24 service.
My wife took receipt of the parcel - I was still in bed at 8am on Sunday morning - and when I saw the package it was immediately obvious that the package had (e.g.) been kicked, leaving a hole in the outer packaging which was shaped exactly like the toecap of a shoe.
I knew from experience that the camera (Nikon D750) would be well packed in at least one other box inside the outer packaging - and it seems to be working OK; need to run checks on focus accuracy etc but basic functions, menus operations are all OK.
Bottom line - Wex are good to deal with; reliable and knowledgeable. However, as long as they continue to use Parcelforce as their courier, I simply cannot recommend them. Parcelforce is not "poor", it is truely an abysmal company to deal with on any level and has hugley influenced ( for the worse) what was otherwise a pleasant experience.

Fantastic service

from Taunton

Comments about Wex Photographic:

Brilliant service from order to delivery

• Website

1st class in every way pleasure to deal with.

from Northern Ireland

1St class carlos

• Phone

Good price for Permanent paper

from South mid-Wales

Comments about Wex Photographic:

Excellent price. Good delivery. Better than buying direct from manufacturers.

• Website

Couldn't get it anywhere else"........!

from Cornwall

Comments about Wex Photographic:

Very simple to order and an amazingly quick delivery.

• Website

i would buy this product again

from london

Comments about Wex Photographic:

I will use this website again

Excellent!

from London

Comments about Wex Photographic:

Excellent service, will buy from wex again

• Website

Very easy as usual, this is what I have come to expect as...

Comments about Wex Photographic:

Very easy as usual, this is what I have come to expect as the normal from WEX

Found everything I needed.

Comments about Wex Photographic:

Found everything I needed. Product descriptions and detail is really good. The customer reviews really help when deciding which camera to go with.

Easy to order
Would like a visual of items contained wit...

Easy to order
Would like a visual of items contained within the kit

average recently but very good in the past