3.3

3.3

Pros

Cons

Westinghouse Electric Refrigerator is well worth the money

Westinghouse Electric WRT8G3EW (18.2 cu. ft.) Top Freezer Refrigerator is totally worth the money. Our old refrigerator broke and we needed a new one right away. After looking around, we purchased the Westinghouse Electric WRT8G3EW Refrigerator beacuse the price was right. It was signifiganly less than other models and we just could not justify paying more. We have been very happy with it. There is planty of space. It keeps the food at the right temperature. The surface wipes clean easily as well. It is nothing fancy. There is not a autpmatic ice maker or a water dispenser, but those are unnecessary attachements. Overall, I am completly satisfied with the Top Freezer Refrigerator and would purchase it again if we had the choice to re-do.

loud refrigerator, odor from compressor

The NOISY Model wrt8g3ew was purchased less than a year ago. I noticed it ran a lot more compared to the fridge that was replaced. I've read that this model's energy rating is one of the worst. I've turned the thermostat way down, filled with extra water bottles in both refrigerator and freezer to try to make it more efficient, but it just keeps running. We really notice the loud compressor in the kitchen. It may be an affordable fridge but I think the energy bill will offset that.
For several months now there's a musty odor coming from the compressor every time it runs. We cleaned everything inside and out, behind and underneath. Still a musty odor fills the kitchen coming from underneath when compressor runs! This is not a good product.

The compressor runs a lot!, very loud and very inefficient. Unusually LOUD

Temperature Control
I've turned temperature down but it does not seem to affect how often it runs, which is a lot.

cleaning the interior is fine but an odor persists from under neath (compressor?) when running. We've cleaned back and under fridge too but it still smells bad.

It is very durable- as in it needs to run so often! I'm not sure about the noisy compressor that gives off an odor every time it runs or why it smells bad. We cleaned everywhere. The odor fills our kitchen. Very strange.

Big and cumbersome compared to other models with similar cubic space.

Adequate cooling but poor shelf arrangement

from Wright, AR

Comments about Westinghouse Top Freezer Refrigerator:

It's an adequate machine for the purpose of cooling food. But Not adequate for the purpose of conveniently arranging said food. Very bad shelf adjustability. Had to rearrange the entire contents of the fridge and move all three shelves just to make a spot for my one-gallon pitcher. The freezer storage is a little better but I do wish the freezer door shelves were adjustable to fit taller juice cans and fatter frozen bags. I havent figured out temperature adjustability despite many tries. As it is, anything on the top two refrigerator shelves gets cold enuf to freeze, and even the crisper drawers on the bottom have gotten cold enough to freeze my onions and tomatoes if I'm not watching what I set the control on.

Noise Level
Noisy motor and compressor.

Interior Organization
Poor placement on the molded-in shelf supports makes for poor adjustability of shelves.

Temperature Control
Erratic. I've tried to figure out the temmperature settings but havent managed it yet. Fridge gets too cold on just average settings. Freezer holds ice cream hard.

Cleaning the interior was relatively easy once I got the shelves out of the way. Just wish the gaskets were easier to clean, they took a major effort.

Seems to be fairly adequate construction. Haven't had any problems so far.

Sorry, I just cant call the design good when the shelf adjustability is so bad.

Does the Job!

Comments about Westinghouse Top Freezer Refrigerator:

Great quality refrigerator for a good price. Well built, always reliable. No fancy bells and whistles but does the job it needs to do. Good space. I like the layout. Clean, bright and easy to find what you need. The drawers are solid, not at all flimsy. Cleans up easily, with all shelves and drawers easily accessible and removable. Nice and easy to reach all the tight spots that little crumbs hide. Not noisy at all. Runs very well. Keeps the correct temperature and no issues with freezer burn or frosting over. Have owned this refrigerator for a long time. People always ask why I don't buy a fancy new one. I say why would I when this one works so well. It is certainly durable and has stood the test of time!

Noise Level
No issues at all with noise level. Never hear it.

Interior Organization
Everything fits well. Good space and height for different sized items.

Temperature Control
Keeps foods at the proper temperature. No problems.

Easy to access all the corners. Easy to wipe down and keep clean.

Has held up extremely well over the years!!

Basic and functional. Has everything you need.

• Temperature Control:

Longest lasting fridge I ever owned

Comments about Westinghouse Top Freezer Refrigerator:

If you want a long lasting fridge then this one fits that description, our white Westinghouse fridge lasted for sixteen years until it stopped running. That’s longer than most of these high tech fridges, thought the Westinghouse fridge didn't run perfectly without any problems. The faults I found with the Westinghouse fridge over those long years was that the back of the freezer would create ice and freeze everything completely, which can take a troubling amount of time to thaw out the meat. There isn't a lot of space to store everything you need in that fridge for a family household of four. The door would not seal properly and it would leak from time to time. With the Westinghouse fridge if you ever wanted something from the back of the freezer you would have to take everything out just to get what you were looking for to defrost for dinner and some things would fall out and the frozen food items wouldn't always be standing up right. It’s an affordable fridge and would be great for single individual’s or couples that don’t want something fancy or uses too much power.

Excellent refrigerator

Comments about Westinghouse Top Freezer Refrigerator:

What a refrigerator! With temperature control dial to cool the fridge at your chosen chilliness, food is preserved for a lot longer. It doesn't have the highest energy rating, just 2 stars out of 6, which is why this refrigerator doesn't get a full 10 rating. Compared to other refrigerators with this company, you might find a more environmentally friendly one, but the price does make up for it if you are on a budget. It is reliable though and with the many different sections to separate veggies, frozen items, drinks, you can't go wrong with buying this! The sleek white color will go with any kitchen decor and is easy to clean the outside in case the kiddies get some juice or food on it. The inside uses glass or transparent plastic for the various shelves and drawers so you can easily see what's inside without keeping the door open too long. White racks on the side of the door are perfect for drinks and jars, with an unlikely chance of anything sliding out when the door is opened.

Awful Fridge!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Westinghouse Top Freezer Refrigerator:

If you're considering buying this refrigerator stop. Go back to the drawing board, reevaluate you're options and needs, then find a different refrigerator. Here are the pros and cons, you can decide for yourself if it's worth the purchase:
Cons: leaks water, doors don't seal properly, no separate dial for the freezer to change temperature
Pros: cheap

So, let me further explain the cons so you really understand how awful this is. First, the water leakage is not from the drip pan. We were never actually able to figure out where the heck it was coming form, it's not like there's an ice maker or water in the door, but when we replaced the refrigerator the leak stopped so it had to be the fridge. Second, I always thought that it didn't keep food cold enough by the doors but if you turned the temperature up too high food in the back of the fridge would freeze, while ice cream in the freezer would be half melted. I didn't realize the seals were crumby until we got a new fridge and took this one outside before disposing of it. From a straight on view I couldn't see that the seals didn't actually meet the body of the fridge, but from the side, which I couldn't see in my kitchen because it was wedged between the wall and a cabinet, it was obvious. Third, you can change the temp of the fridge, but I'm not sure that the dial effects the freezer. Since our frozen food never seemed to get quite cold enough I wanted to turn up the freezer but couldn't do so. Now that I know about the faulty seals, I'm not sure it would have helped but at the time I was annoyed.

All in all this was a junky refrigerator that we purchased brand new & had to replace in less than five years. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Ever.

Average refrigerator

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Westinghouse Top Freezer Refrigerator:

This refrigerator is average. It serves the purpose of keeping my food cold and freezer is functional for making ice and keeping my food adequately frozen.

Noise Level
Sometimes the motor can be a bit noisy when it kicks in.A bit distracting but not overwhelming.

Interior Organization
Again,the interior organization I would say is average. The racks tend to fall off and there is a gap at the bottom of the shelves,so small items fall through on the floor.

Temperature Control
OK but if you are not too careful,gets too cold and tends to freeze items especially produce if you are not careful. Freezer is OK when it comes to temperature.

Basically OK but you have to practically have to crawl inside to clean effectively.Produce draws hard to get in and out .

This refrigerator is dependable and never has given me any problems.

Nothing fancy but works for me until I can upgrade.

• Temperature Control:

This refridgerator is the only one I have ever owned.

Comments about Westinghouse Top Freezer Refrigerator:

I would not trade my refridgerator for anything else. It is about 10 to 15 years old and it is still going strong. After all this time , I am still satisfied with it.

Noise Level
You can not even hear it run and it makes no noise at all.

Interior Organization
I have overloaded it and it still works great.

Temperature Control
My refridgerator is great on temperature. If there is not a lot in there, the temperature is set on just cold. If there is plenty in it,igets a little bit colder.

A little vinegar and water does real well on keeping it clean and odor free.

Does great.

I love the way it is designed .freezer on top just the way I like it.

loud refrigerator, odor from compressor

from New York, NY

The compressor runs a lot!, very loud and very inefficient. Unusually LOUD

Temperature Control

Big and cumbersome compared to other models with similar cubic space.

• Temperature Control:

Worked for a lot of time

from Miami, FL

Comments about Westinghouse Top Freezer Refrigerator:

I still own this refrigerator ,and it still works after so many years-more than ten,it has a reliable strong compressor motor (that still starts) and has durable pastic interiors,the exterior I had to refinish since it tended to accumulate som rust(after some humid days).The freezer works perfectly and does not form too much condensation.It maintains a constant temperature and after so many years the compressor does not make that much noise.One bad feature(of many old fridges also) is that it takes about one kilowatt of electricity when the compressor starts,then the usage diminishes.The rust resistance of the interior is a litle bit better than the interior.The preduct works consistently,and turn on after non use of a lo of time.Would recommend thia product.

Westinghouse Electric Refrigerator is well worth the money