Other Flat Screen TVs:

Pros

Cons

Pleasantly Surprised

Comments about Westinghouse Electric LTV-46w1 HD 46 in. LCD TV:

I am very impressed with the sound and video quality of this TV for the price I paid. It rivals much more expensive brands and models. Blacks are surprisingly dark and clear for an LCD panel, colors are vibrant, sound is impressive for built-in speakers.

• Sound Quality:

Nice tv at a resonable price

Comments about Westinghouse Electric LTV-46w1 HD 46 in. LCD TV:

I have had my Westinghouse tv for over a year and no problems. It looks great, has good screen quality, and was at a great price.

Picture Quality
Maybe because it is a larger tv, but I enjoy watching programs on this tv, it shows excellent.

Sound Quality
I have never had any problems with the sound quality.

I have moved this tv from different rooms and places, and it seems to not have any finger marks or any signs of wear in the year I have had it.

It is a nice tv, typical flat screen.

It takes a little while to load to cable network when you turn on, but I guess that is typical.

• Sound Quality:

I really like it and got it dirt cheap

from Warren, MI

Comments about Westinghouse Electric LTV-46w1 HD 46 in. LCD TV:

You know sometimes when you get something really cheap you think there must be something bad about it but I haven't really figured out what is bad about this. I'm really happy about the picture and sound quality of the TV itself. I've since added a bose' speaker system to give it that extra oomph but it sounds decent enough without it. The picture really popped out at me it is beautiful. 2 minor issues 1: the remote is kind of awkward. My chair sits on an angle from the TV and I have to kind of do a reach around thing to get the remote to work properly. I'm used to it now but at first it was really annoying. The other thing is the TV seems too big for the stand it came with or the stand is made kind of flimsy. I barely touch it on the stand it wobbles around a little. It uses both VGA cables and HDMI which makes it really versatile. I can use my laptop on it, cameras, camcorders ect and all that comes out beautiful. Set up out of the box was easy. I had it on the stand and up in under 5 minutes and though I had to refer to the instructions which are well laid out I had the TV programmed in about 10 minutes.

Picture Quality
Its better than real life. The color is really vivid and details are well defined

Sound Quality
crisp, clear sound

All these flat screens of this size seem really fragile to me and the remote sensor could be better

Its great. You can mount it to a wall or put it on a mantle. Its as compact as it can be with a 46" screen

It works great

• Sound Quality:

Does its job once you get the hang of it

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Westinghouse Electric LTV-46w1 HD 46 in. LCD TV:

I bought this on Black Friday and I'm very happy that I purchased it. It was pretty easy to set up. One thing that may be of concern is that the stand is a little bit wobbly, so if there are young kids around who might bump into the TV, or if it's not placed on a sturdy structure, I feel like there might be a chance it could fall over. It wouldn't be a problem if it were mounted, but I haven't had any problems with it in this area so far. With that aside, putting in the settings is pretty straightforward once you figure out how to angle the remote control. The remote has to be pointed at a certain angle for it to work, which can be frustrating at times. There are positive aspects of this though. One thing I really like about it is that it has both VGA and HDMI capabilities, so I can hook up my laptop to it really quickly and stream shows from online. The picture and sound quality are great though.