3.2
Westin Heavenly Bed by Simmons

Westin Heavenly Bed by Simmons

3.2

Pros

Cons

• Develops cavity (4)

• Primary bed (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Midrange shopper (4)

Most unforgetable Heavenly...

This has to be the most unforgettable night of sleep I have ever had. Westin Hotel is where I dream about sleeping every night since. About 6 months ago I had to go to Las Vegas on a business trip and had the wonderful experience of sleeping on the Heavenly Bed. I have always experienced neck pain and back pain while working at trade shows but let me say after a 13 hour day at the show and sleeping in heaven on the heavenly bed I was ready and chipper for the next 16 hour day. I felt like I melted away and woke up feeling truely refreshed for the first time in my life. Absolutely unforgettable and Now I am searching for one to bring home. Thanks for all the other great reviews, I know this will be a new chapter for me:)

I

First bed was not great. Second bed working like a charm

I bought a **Westin Heavenly Bed **about a year ago. I was so excited because I always sleep so well on the Westin Beds when I stay at the hotel.
Read complete review

Unfortunately, the comfortability of the mattress just doesnt feel the same to me. The first few nights with the *Westin bed*, I slept so poorly. The bed was firmer than I remembered and even with the plush top, it felt really hard. Understand, this is odd for me to report since I actually like firm beds!!!

After a few weeks, I got used the mattress. But, it still wasnt the best mattress!!!! It just didnt live up to my expectations.

Now, here I am a year later and my husband is complaining about the mattress. He thinks the bed is almost on an incline. My husband (not a huge guy!) is complaining that I am about a foot higher in the bed than he is! He thinks there is a huge divet in the mattress.

We should probably rotate the mattress more frequently, but after a year of use, it seems unusual to see such a divet.

Overall, the **Westin Heavenly Bed** hasnt turned out to be so heavenly for me. I feel like I need to call the company when I get the moment. Something seems off...

UPDATE: Westin reached out to me about my discomfort on my bed and the weird divet that occurred. Seems I must have gotten a faulty bed. After proving it was an official Westin Heavenly Bed, they sent someone out to assess the bed and ultimately shipped me a new one. The new one has been great. In fact, it was so good that I also bought one as a gift for a family member.

Comfort
Love the combination of firmness and pillow-top. Makes for a perfectly comfortable bed.

Support
The bed offers support - especially to those with bad backs.

Firmness
Some may think the bed is too firm compared to the hotel. But, if Im not mistaken, the firmness is due to the fact that I dont have the extra pillowtop on top of the mattress.

The only downside to the westin bed is that you can not flip it over due to the super plush top. Flipping typical allows you to extend the life of a bed. But, in this case, it isnt an option.

Don't be fooled!

from Georgia

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity
    • Lumpy

Comments about Westin Heavenly Bed by Simmons:

I bought this bed in 2012 and the problems started with delivery. When it arrived, the delivery guy put it on a roller and walked it up my driveway all the while dragging one corner on the concrete. There were several large holes in it by the time he made it inside. I demanded a new mattress and a few weeks later it arrived. All was well for about 3 months or so and then the sagging started. I've turned it around several times and found that picking it up and shaking and bending it helped even it out a little bit for a while. After four years that's not working anymore. It is unbearable. I try to sleep on the hump in the middle, but then my arms dangle down into the deep pits on either side of me and end up rolling into my husband or falling off the hill down back into my own deep valley.

Don't believe what they tell you. This is NOT the same bed as found in the hotel. The hotel bed has a removable pillowtop. This one does not. This one also has feathers that poke through.

Simmons makes the worst beds!

from Jackson, NJ

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity
      • Sags, Uncomfortable
      • Squeaks

• There is no good use for this mattress

Comments about Westin Heavenly Bed by Simmons:

This is the 2nd Westin Heavenly Bed. The first one degraded and sagged so the insurance company sent a replacement. The replacement is 3 months old and already sagged on both sides.
      I found out that Simmons makes the Westin Bed. If I had known Simmons was the maker I would never had purchased it. This make #4 Simmons beds in 17 years and they all had problems. We started with the Beauty Rest, it sagged badly, they sent another one, it was horrible, that is when we decided to purchase a Westin Heavenly Bed, not knowing it was made by Simmons!
      I wish i had never purchased this mattress!

Do not buy this bed - TOTAL GARBAGE

from los angeles

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity
        • Lumpy
        • Not the same bed as in Westin hotels
        • Sags
        • Sore back every morning

Comments about Westin Heavenly Bed by Simmons:

Westin (and SPG) you should be ashamed. Several months ago my husband and I purchased a Westin Heavenly Bed for our home. Starwood properties are my hotel of choice when I travel, which is more than 100 days a year. One of the reason I choose Starwood properties is the quality of the bed. It is consistently comfortable, I sleep well, and I wake up refreshed.

The Westin Heavenly Bed is garbage. Not only is not the same bed as in your hotels, it started to soften and develop sags within 3 months. It's so bad now that both my husband and I wake up with backaches every morning. Sleeping through the night has become difficult.

Researching the Westin Heavenly Bed online over the past few days, I learned that our experiences were confirmed by many, many others. The reviews stink. Neither Westin (Starwood) nor Simmons (the manufacturer) acknowledge that the bed is not the same. Despite numerous complaints, Westin refers all of them to Simmons, who sends out "inspectors" to check for sag. If it does not sag more than 1 1/2 inches, the company does not consider it to be defective.

The FAQ on the Westin website states, in response to the question "What if I don't like the bed?": "We are certain that you will love your Heavenly® Bed. The bed is made for your order and cannot be returned." Oh yeah? What if I HATE my Heavenly Bed?

This experience is enough to have me reconsider my loyalty to the Starwood brand. Shame on you for putting your name on such a shoddy product and doing nothing to help those of us who are experiencing problems.

Construction is what you need to know

from Charleston S.C.

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Soft Feel

Cons

• Too Soft

• Guest Bed

Comments about Westin Heavenly Bed by Simmons:

Being in the mattress industry i can tell you that the construction of a mattress is everything. I do not see anywhere how this mattress is made. My guess is that it is a pocketed coil mattress. They come in 3 different versions. 700, 800 and 900 coil count. This one is likely the 800 coils. The problem with this type of mattress is that the steel coils are thin gauge. They will not offer much support for anyone with average or above body weight. The best bet is find someone in your area that knows mattress construction and look at the different options. All available systems offer different pros and cons. Some durable systems have motion. If you do not want motion try looking at latex. Search online for as much information as you can find. It is one of the most important decisions you can make.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Nothing like the Westin Hoel mattress

from Merced, California

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Not comfortable to firm

Cons

• Too Hard

Comments about Westin Heavenly Bed by Simmons:

We have stayed many times at a Westin Hotel and loved their beds, so thinking we would get the same bed as the hotels use. Wrong.... Nothing like what we have experienced when sleeping at a Westin Hotel. Sorry to say we are very unhappy. Purchased our mattress at Pottery Barn and you can not return it. Expensive mistake.

Oh, my aching back!

from Oklahoma

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity

Comments about Westin Heavenly Bed by Simmons:

We are disappointed in the Westin Heavenly bed. We've had it just under a year and have purchased a feather topper and memory topper all in hopes of improving our sleep. The memory topper helped the most but now it seems that needs replacing because both my husband and I are complaining about our backs again. I checked reviews before purchasing and realize we are in the minority....most love their beds but sadly ours doesn't live up being called "heavenly."

I hate this bed

Comments about Westin Heavenly Bed by Simmons:

Actually, "I hate this bed" is an understatement.

We bought this bed a little over two years ago after sleeping in a Westin Hotel for a week. I knew when we got the new bed home that something was "off". It was mediocre at best for about four months. Now it is drudgery. My husband and I wake up in pain every. single.morning.

This bed has divets where we sleep. We turn the bed religiously every month, but it doesn't help. I find myself trying to sleep on the edge of the bed just to her comfortable. Ugh. It's pure misery.

Save yourself the pain and don't buy this bed.

This was a costly mistake and I really hope that this review saves someone else from making the same mistake.

Very nice bed!

Comments about Westin Heavenly Bed by Simmons:

We purchased the Westin Heavenly bed in February of 2014. The first couple of nights I was not so sure but my husband loved it. I have grown to love this bed after about a week. So my suggestion is to give a shot. It is firm yet not too firm. The only thing I find is it can get very warm. Holds some heat.

Junk.

Comments about Westin Heavenly Bed by Simmons:

Have owned several high end mattresses over the year. This one is by far the worst.

Comfort
            Cratering after 1 month

Support
            Terrible support. Lower back pain from the peaks and valleys of the mattress.

Firmness
            Terrible pillow top.

Have returned this mattress twice. Not the same mattress as in Westin hotel rooms.

Not for Hotels Only

Comments about Westin Heavenly Bed by Simmons:

It is rare that I go to a hotel and sleep well the first night of any stay. Something about this mattress is so cozy, I go right to sleep and wake up in the morning feeling pretty good. The mattress is cozy, but firm and well made. I will consider it for my own home when I need to replace my mattress.