4.8

Cons

Great prepaid card!

from Florida

Comments about Western Union - MoneyWise Visa Card:

Preapaid debit cards are becoming more and more popular in our world. I actually know more people who have prepaid cards than do debit cards with actual banks. This is one of the most popular ones and for good reason.

There are two major selling points to this card, and these are the reasons that I personally have a MoneyWise Visa Card. The first being the ability to have your paycheck and or benefits put on your MoneyWise card via direct deposit. This makes more sense than paper checks and its the major thing that attracted me to the MoneyWise visa card. The second is that is is great if you use WesternUnion a lot, which I don't use it as much as some people, but I definately use it, and this card makes it easier to use, and the whole process quicker.

Overall its a great card, just remember it is prepaid. Because of that, there are some certain restrictions, but I have found there aren't as many with the MoneyWise card as there have been with other cards that I have used in the past. Worth checking out, for sure.

• Available Rates:

A great card especially if you use Western Union a lot!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Western Union - MoneyWise Visa Card:

Overall, I think the Western Union Moneywise Visa Card is pretty ideal for anybody since it is a prepaid card with the option of using direct deposit as well. The only reason I got one is because I use Western Union a lot. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen a real need for it but I do like that the card is free and the loading fee is always waived if it's a Western Union transaction or direct deposit. I also think the design of the card is nice and to be honest, I do choose my prepaid cards sometimes, based off of the designs that are available because I like to customize everything in my life. Ha-ha!

Customer Service
I have never had to speak directly to a representative or have ever had a problem with my card so hopefully that will not change and I won't have to come back and edit this part of the review for the worse. However, when I activated my card online it was quick and easy and that is part of Customer Service, in my opinion.

Available Rates
When it comes to prepaid cards I refer to "rates" as fees. The fees associated with the Western Union Moneywise Visa Card are very reasonable and great for anyone's budget. They range from free to just a couple dollars and that's my kind of budget!

Great for Online Shopping

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Western Union - MoneyWise Visa Card:

I purchased a Western Union MoneyWise Card specifically for online shopping. With identity theft and credit card fraud rampant, especially online, I felt I needed to be extra careful when shopping from sites that I don't normally deal with so I got this card and loaded it with a predetermined amount for my holiday shopping.

This works exactly like a regular VISA card when ordering online so there are no issues in paying on any site. I like that I can control the spending since I control how much I load to the card, and there are no fees to use the card. There are fees to load money to the card, but no per transaction fee.

I also like that you can reload the card whenever you need to. I found this especially helpful when I went on vacation and reloaded the card with my spending money and then used that instead of carrying around cash or a regular credit card.

You can track each transaction online as it happens so you can keep a close watch on your spending. This would also be nice if you want to give your child the ability to use a card but to control the amount they can spend since it is prepaid.

Overall, while there are some fees involved it is worth it for certain circumstances and it's worth a look.

• Available Rates:

I believe its a good product.

Comments about Western Union - MoneyWise Visa Card:

I believe its a good product. Rewards and especially airplane miles rewards play a vital role in our daily life. It is good to know that once in a while you can login to your account and see that you've got some cash back and you could apply them to your balance or transfer them somewhere!