Other Hard Drives:
Western Digital

My Passport is ok

from Highland, UT

Comments about Western Digital My Passport Essential WDBACY5000ABK - hard drive - 500 GB - SuperSpeed USB:

I purchased this external harddrive as a way to backup some of my pictures and word documents. Originally I thought the fact that it was portable would be an advantage as I would be able to put it in my backpack or brief case and take it along without much hassle, but recently I have come to find that is rather untrue. I'm not sure if it is just the lack of quality in the hard drive inherently, or the fact that I have carried it around (although it has been in a case the entire time), but after only a short while of use this external drive essentially stopped working. It has a very difficult time connecting to my computer, I think something about the port where the cord connects to the drive is broken, because sometimes when I jostle it for twenty minutes or so I can get it to work. That being said it is not very useful for things that I wish to look at or unload quickly, because it takes so long to get it to connect (if it ever does). I would not recommend this to anyone, despite the good price and portability. I decided to go with a desktop drive the next time around.