Other Health & Beauties:

• Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

Westelm.com

So happy I found this gem of a website! We moved into a bigger house and needed more stuff to fill it, searching the internet brought me to this website. I fell in love immediately, the furniture and home decor is high end without the high end price tag. They sell everything you could imagine for your home and have styles to suit everyone. I could not be happier with all the rugs, pillows, and decorations I bought. I even bought a few side tables and at first was unsure how shipping would be. My tables arrived not only quickly but in perfect condition! Not a scratch, dent, or ding on them.

Super easy to use, just select from the categories and shop away.

Product Selection
They offer everything for every room in your home. They have furniture, bedding, bath stuff, and tons of home decor.

Product Pricing
I find their pricing is very good for the quality of items you are getting.

Customer Service
I called to see how shipping would be on furniture and they were extremely helpful.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is fast and items are packaged very well.

Worst experience with a store Period!!!

My wife and I ordered the Carroll Farm Table on August 29, 2011. My annoyance with this place literally started at the cash register as they wait until the transaction is just about over before they inform you that they are going to tack on another $125 in fees for “set up.” I told them to have it delivered to the store and I could just pick it up and assemble it myself or just deliver to my house and I could assemble it. Not an option- you MUST have their people deliver and set up (screw 4 legs on) for an extra 125 bucks.

So since my wife likes the look of this table we went ahead and ordered it, here is where the real fun begins. It is now February 4, 2012 and we still do not have this table. We were initially told it would take 2 months; after that period expired we began to call. We were told it was on back order and to call back in a week. Called back in a week and was told the table had shipped and we would be contacted when the table arrived at the local warehouse to schedule our home delivery. Well, 3 weeks went by and no call. We called back only to find the table was NEVER actually shipped. We are now about three months into this and they inform us that due to quality issues they are having with the table they aren’t sure if they are going to be continuing to carry this table and we needed to call back in a week to get an answer on that. Apparently they are having a problem with the table arriving damaged from whatever country they are getting these from.

So we call back in a week and are told that, yes, they are going to continue carrying the table and we are now at the top of the list and that our table should be shipped around mid January 2012 (keep in mind we ordered this in AUGUST of 2011). Sure enough we received an email our table had shipped and we would be contacted to schedule delivery, blah, blah, blah that whole song and dance all over again.

A miracle, a little over a week later- we were contacted to schedule our home delivery. So after waiting approximately 6 months for this table it finally arrived on February 1, 2012. After it was put together in our dinning room the gentleman came to my wife in the kitchen with the paperwork asking her to sign that the table was delivered and free of defects etc.. My wife asked “shouldn’t I at least look it over before I sign this” and was told “oh yea, sure.” Well no shocker here, it was scratched and had indentations in the wood as if it had been dragged on something and one of the legs didn’t appear to be straight also the design of the table had actually been changed since we ordered it. It now has a groove that goes around the entire table that is not found on the one we looked at and ordered at West Elm. In any event, my wife told them she was not accepting a damaged table and they took it back. We contacted West Elm and were told to call back in a week to get a new estimate as to when we can expect another.

I am sooooooo over dealing with these incompetent idiots at this place. Take my word for it- Steer clear of West Elm, we are going to look elsewhere at this point.

Fell apart in 18 months!

from Wash. DC

Comments about West Elm | WestElm.com:

We purchased this table along with 6 chairs and a matching bench about a year and a half ago. We also purchased and used the matching WE cover. After just 18 months, the table has fallen apart.

The table top is warped and the removable leaf will no longer fit into the table. The internal sliding rails that allow the table to expand/contract are warped and won't let the table open/close without extreme effort. The metal hardware is all rusted.

This is a serious design and manufacturing flaw. The wood itself is not weathproofed or rot resistant. West Elm relies on a rubbery painted coating to weatherproof the table, but they don't coat the sides of the table top slats or the sliding pieces that allow the table to operate. This means those pieces warp and rot, making the table useless.

I contacted WE about this table and they said they don't cover any defects after 9 months and that given "the extreme weather in the DC area" we should have brought the table inside and stored it during winter and bad weather. Who has room to store an extra 10' outdoor table with chairs and bench inside?

Terrible Quality

from Long Island, NY

Comments about West Elm | WestElm.com:

I ordered a dining table and six chairs that were delivered on time. I thought about this purchase carefully as I have two children and wanted something that was durable and could easily be cleaned, so I got the Jensen table - which is a piece of glass on legs of an open style wooden A frame. After having the table a few months the top was pretty scratched, and now having the table a year the glass has chipped. I was told by customer service that this normal wear and tear and there was nothing they could do. I expected more from a dining table - certainly not to have to replace it so quickly. Who replaces their dining table after a year? I will never order furniture from West Elm again. The chairs haven't held up well either. I am so disappointed- what a waste of money.

Poor Customer Service

from Portland, OR

Comments about West Elm | WestElm.com:

West Elm furniture can be hit or miss. Their customer service, however, always sucks. I ordered a $2,000 sofa and waited 8 weeks for delivery. The day before it was scheduled to be delivered, the transit company called me and said that the sofa was missing its legs. A $2,000 sofa with missing legs. I mean, doesn't this company inspect its allegedly "Made in America" furniture? The delivery company had already called West Elm who told them to deliver it anyway and they would send me the legs 2 months later. I thought they were joking. Nope, 2 months. I've received things from China in 2 weeks! I called West Elm and they offered no apology or faster shipment, but they did offer 3 solutions. 1) accept delivery and wait 2 months for the legs. No express delivery. 2) Reorder the entire sofa, and wait 8-12 weeks. 3) Cancel the order. I chose option 3. The delivery company didn't get the word and knocked on my door in the morning. I kid you not, the delivery driver worked harder to get me to accept delivery than West Elm did. He assured me that the legs would be delivered much sooner and that they had put on "dummy" legs that would lift the sofa off the floor. I almost accepted it, but then I remembered that I had paid $2,000 for the sofa, plus $100 for white glove delivery, plus almost $200 in shipping and handling and waited 8 weeks for a sofa with no legs from a company that couldn't care less. I refused delivery, and I'm done with West Elm. I highly recommend Article as an alternative. Excellent customer service!

CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!!

from IThaca NY

Comments about West Elm | WestElm.com:

Web site sucks and so does the customer service! The customer service people sound like they just woke up!

Never buy furniture from West Elm

from Huntington Station, NY

Comments about West Elm | WestElm.com:

Had a terrible experience with West Elm. My daughter was delivered half a sectional sofa - because the other half was the wrong color. It took over 3 months to get this wrong order and now to correct the order it is going to take another 3 months or more. Very hard to get through and deal with customer service and when people say they are going to call back, they don't. Save yourself the hassle and order furniture from a company that is reputable.

Never Buy From West Elm

from Chattanooga,TN

Comments about West Elm | WestElm.com:

I have always loved West Elm but I ordered all my furniture from them. I was told by Matt in Atlanta that I would order the Hamilton 2-piece leather sectional on Thursday and to drive down Saturday and he would apply his discount because the sale would no longer be going on. Once I drove there the couch had been discontinued and he couldn't do anything after I had sold EVERYTHING in my house. I agreed to just the couch, kitchen table, chairs and a coffee table. They charged two additional couches to my credit card that I didn't order; when I noticed I had been ensured they were canceled. It was until I was on vacation trying to use my card had it been maxed out my West Elm because the couches in fact had NOT been canceled. It took weeks to get the money back because I didn't have an order number because I never ordered them. Then my couch and chairs (which were left on my porch for delivery and anyone could have taken) I called to ask for my other furniture they had no idea about. FINALLY, scheduled it and they never showed THREE times. They offered me a pathetic $200 gift card like I'd ever buy from them again. I'm currently sitting on hold two months later trying to find why once again my furniture did not show once again today. Worst customer service and business management I have ever seen.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Poorly Made Non-Refundable Furniture

from Chicago, IL

Comments about West Elm | WestElm.com:

The couch I had specially ordered and is non-refundable is wobbly and I am embarrassed when company sits on it. Nobody at West Elm is trying to help my situation and I would like to warn others that their non-refundable furniture is poorly made and they do not stand by their commitment to quality. I have to hold for very long periods of time to discourage me from trying to get compensation or even being able to speak to someone in charge. Do not buy from here. Terrible customer service and rude and disrespectful employees on the phone.

Beware Rewards Cards fine print!

from Nahant, MA

Comments about West Elm | WestElm.com:

I received a few rewards card totaling about $300 for placing a number of orders with West Elm, plus a bonus "birthday" reward. I did notice they have expiration dates, so I began to try and use them up. My first order was for a $68 rug, so I used a $50 rewards card, and put the rest on a $150 card. What I didn't do was read the fine print. Unlike every other rewards card I've ever received, because I put $18 on a $150 dollar card, the card was now used up. In other words, you can only use each card once, no matter how little you put on it - so I lost $132. In fairness, it does explain this in microscopic print on the back of the card - but how many people actually read through all of that? At the very least, the salesperson on the phone could have warned me when I placed the order and gave him the rewards cards numbers. Seems like a very shady business practice, and does not inspire me to do further business with West Elm.

Great looks, disappointed in quality

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about West Elm | WestElm.com:

I purchased the Henry sleeper sofa after trying it out in store. I decided to go with the "quick ship" option because sitting on the floor wasn't really an option for me. It took less than two weeks (as I'm less than 50 miles from the warehouse this is faster than most people, but seems ridiculous because I could have picked it up faster). HOWEVER, when they delivered the couch, despite the guys making tons of attempts (after I had to call a manager to force them to attempt it because they guy wouldn't even remove it from the truck at first) the sofa was 1/2" too big to fit through the doorway. Which is odd, because I measured and according to the dimensions listed on the site and the tag in store, I had at least 4" of clearance. So I was forced to return for a non-sofabed option, the Paidge. I loved it at first, but within weeks the back cushions began to collapse. They squish the wrong way making it very uncomfortable. You can't lean back because the cushions bulge out at the bottom. And now, after only a year and a half, the center support beam broke. We discovered that it's because they only put TWO tiny nails from the back frame to the center support beam. TWO nails?!? For something that has no support underneath? Unbelievable that they couldn't even use screws. Very disappointed now that my couch is basically falling apart on me in less than 2 years.

West Elm Jardine Dining Set

from Miami, Florida

Comments about West Elm | WestElm.com:

I purchased a set 2 years ago (expandable table, chairs, bench and cart). I live in South Florida so it's quite humid here in the summer. I've covered the table and chairs during the rainy season. However, I have major issues with fungus/mushrooms growing on the table and chairs. I also have areas that have wood rot. A friend of mine bought the same set less than six months ago, and her table top is already warped. I would stay clear from this dinning set!