Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

West Bend 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

Cooker I Use Most

I have had a lot of slow cookers throughout the years. This one is the best. The actual cooker is a non-stick surface and easy, easy, easy to clean. I can cook my food all day long in this cooker, yet adjust the temperature setting to get the food done more quickly. I have done an entire roast and potatoes meal in a couple of hours! I have used the cooker for meals at home and also to take out for a carry-in or to our church for a dinner where stove space is often rare for all the different foods. I am able to bring my own heating base and just need to find a convenient plug in. Several ladies in the groups I take this convenient cooker to have gone out and bought one for themselves. We have purchased one for our workplace to keep a hot lunch item hot and enough a good homemade meal together. We have purchased some for the church to have several convenient cookers for those who come early to prepare and need to keep their foods warm or to cook them from scratch. What a wonderful and convenient cooker. Clean-up is so easy, since the cooker is actually two pieces, plus a lid.

Time to Heat
This is still the best slow cooker I have ever had or used. In fact, I just bought two more because of several reunions I will be attending in the next few months!

Wonderful

Easy

great

love it

No problems at all!

EXPLODED ON ME!

I am unsure if I was unfortunate, and purchased a bad product.. or if they are ALL made so terribly. I used this crock pot about 3 times before my unfortunate event. I had the temperature turned to the lowest level with the top on for about 6 hours. I walked over to check on the roast, when the top popped off the second i touched it and got BOILING HOT water ALL OVER ME! Other than what happened, I thought it was an awesome product and very affordable. The cord is somewhat shorter than other pots, but it was made nicely, and had a good appearance. I just hope that this explosion situation doesn't happen to anyone else. Due to what has happened I probablt would not recommend this to someone else.

Couldn't live without it.

Comments about West Bend 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker:

This product is simply amazing. While I have an older version of the 84915, it's still a 5 qt. oblong slow cooker that detaches from the base. It's incredibly convenient, once you're finished cooking and eating you can just take the cooker off the base and pop it into the fridge. It also makes traveling with it easy. The only downside is that it takes a little longer to cook than a normal slow cooker, as all of the heat has to come up from the bottom of the pan, as opposed to being heated from the bottom and sides simultaneously.

Great Price Great Product

from Waukesha, WI

Comments about West Bend 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker:

This is a replacement for a similar West Bend Cooker that lasted over 40 years! Yes, 40 years! I love the size, the shape and the east of use.

Time to Heat
This is not a complicated appliance. 5 settings do it all!

Cooking Performance
Like my older model, this cooks to perfection. Foods cook evenly and come out tasting great every time.

Kettle and Cover are dishwasher safe; base wipes clean with a cloth and mild detergent. Who could ask for more!

While having just 5 simple controls may deter some cooks, don't let it! These settings are all you need for great meals every time.

I personally prefer the oblong design versus a round unit. The base that converts to a small skillet also comes in handy. Another plus, for me, is that I can use the pot to brown my meats on the stove top and then move to the base for final cooking.

I haven't had it very long, but I do notice the quality of materials is much less than my old model. I am hoping, however, that just because it is lighter it will hold up. I trust West Bend.

• Cooking Performance:

This unit has great features, great esults and worth its price.

from Waukesha, WI

Comments about West Bend 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker:

I previously owned a WB slow cooker for over 35 years and it finally saw its better days. I considered other brands/styles but in the end went back to 'old faithful' and I'm glad I did. While the quality of material is a bit thinner, the end results are as good as ever. This model comes with a travel cover and a bag -- great for potluck dinners with friends!

Time to Heat
It heats up and continues at proper temperature throughout the process.

Cooking Performance
Entrees are always cooked to perfection. No worry about drying out or overcooking -- it does it right every time!

Cooking pot cleans out easily and is also dishwasher safe.

Couldn't be easier. Put in your ingredients, set, forget and eat when ready! What more could you ask for?

I, personally, love the oblong design and the fact that you also have an electric griddle as the base makes it almost like getting two appliances in one.

The materials for the pot and the lid are much thinner than my old unit, however, it does make it much easier to handle. Hope it will hold up for 30 years, just like my original unit.

Cooker I Use Most

No problems at all!

Westbend 5-Qt Slow Cooker

from Palmdale, CA

Comments about West Bend 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker:

I love this slow cooker, since you can use the non-stick pot on the stovetop to brown an ingredient, set it right from there on the heating unit to slow cook, then place it back on the stovetop to reduce liquid if desired. I have had mine for 20 years and it still works great!

Love IT

from Decatur, AL

Comments about West Bend 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker:

The best thing I love about this crock pot , is that it is oblong and on a removable hot plate. How many times do you buy a roast to make pot roast & it does not fit in your standard crock pot. Here because of the shape I do not have to cut or squeeze it into the pot.

I also like the warming plate as if I need an extra for the  holidays for some reason I can use it that way too.

EXPLODED ON ME!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about West Bend 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker:

Excellent 5 Quart Cooker!

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about West Bend 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker:

This is a great cooker to have. It can be used on it's own or as a supplment cooker with your stove and oven. This slow cooker is different from other models in that you can actually remove the pot from the bottom stove like part. Other cookers have them merged into one and has a small little pot inside where you can remove. But here It's essentially a pot that you can use on it's own and a burner at the bottom. In that case I think it is possible to use a different type of cooking pot onto. It's also great because this makes cleaning a whole lot easier, the pot is also non-sticky so your food won't get stuck or burned. The cooker has a great temperature control and heats/cooks your food quicker than other cookers. The only grip I have is that it's big to be portable.

west bend 5-quart slow cooker (84915)

from Sparrows Point, MD

Comments about West Bend 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker:

i like this specific slow cooker becasue its a affordable product, it heats up quicker then i thought very easy to clean i can stick it in the dishwasher and volia its clean and i love the non stick interior i hate when cookers always leave nasty stufff on the bottom! i would def perfer this one and its from a great brand name

West Bend 5 Qt Slow Cooker so simple to use

from Hurricane, UT

Comments about West Bend 5-Quart Oblong Slow Cooker:

I have had this West Bend 5 quart slow cooker for about 7 years. It is so simple to use! I like that I can throw the dish and the lid in the dishwasher. It is also so easy to throw leftovers in the fridge, just throw the lid back on and you've got an easy container to refrigerate, no need to transfer containers. It is nice that it has more than just the regular high and low controls so you can vary temperatures where most slow cookers just have high, low and warm. The only negative I have is that even on the "high" setting it does not seem to get as hot as my other "regular" slow cooker. The convenience of it is worth having to cook stuff just a little longer on the high setting though. Also the power cord is kind of short, but I guess that is nice so you don't end up tripping over it or something!