Other Treadmills:
Weslo Cadence CT 5.8 Treadmill

Weslo Cadence CT 5.8 Treadmill

Great little treadmill

Comments about Weslo Cadence CT 5.8 Treadmill:

I originally purchased this treadmill for my son who loves running. I use it for walking and it is a fairly quiet machine, though I do need to put some plywood/padding under it to keep it from squeaking.

It's fairly quiet - we have it upstairs in our bedroom so we can watch tv while walking/running.

Comfort
I walk on this using Vibram 5 fingers and have no issue. I find the deck to be quite comfortable. The handle bar is also at the right height for me and I'm 5'7". My 8 year old son uses it for running and feels safe on it too.

Plug it in, turn it on, set your speed and walk. the speed controls are convenient and fairly quick to respond. You can track distance, speed and calories burned.

We've been using this treadmill for 2 years and it still works well. When maintained properly it's a great treadmill.

Very simple design, the lock mechanism broke fairly early on for folding but it's not impossible to keep folded to store.

• Comfort:

Great for speed walking, nothing over 4mph.

Comments about Weslo Cadence CT 5.8 Treadmill:

My overall rating is based on an issue I have with mine. I put it on the weight loss workout and when it begins to speed up the belt seems to slip and I have to jump on the safety rail quickly so as not to be thrown backward.

Once you get going and build up speed on your own, it will keep a good pace as long as you don't run on it. When you start running the belt slips.

Comfort
The easy grip handles make it easy hold on and use the functions as well. The design is wide enough you can adjust your pace. I have a bad ankle and it works great when my ankle slips, the treadmill is wide enough I'm not stepping off of it when that happens.

The design has the 1 mph speed build up. You don't have to start out fast if you don't want to. I don't suggest starting off at anything faster than 2 to begin.

The design has the side rails as a safety feature that may come in handy for beginners.

I really like the fold up design. The wheels makes it easy to maneuver.

• Comfort:

weslo cadence is a great treadmill to use

from Campbellsville, KY

Comments about Weslo Cadence CT 5.8 Treadmill:

I am usually an outdoor person but not that winter has set in, I have to keep in shape by using my treadmill.  The Weslo cadence was a good purchase for me.  It was reasonalbly priced and it gives me a great workout.