Other Dog Foods:

Pros

Cons

• Quality of Ingredients:
    • Flavor Selection:

Top of the line great nutrition for pets.

The Whole Dog Journal rated Wellness pet foods very highly. Wellness has recently gone through some transitions. This used to be a baked line of food, but due to demand and production costs they have had to switch to extruded. This still makes this one of the best quality products available for pets. High quality proteins, usable grains as carbohydrate sources, and the lack of mystery ingredients make Wellness a great line. It is more expensive than chemically laden foods, but because it is usable nutrition you are often able to reduce the daily amounts fed. Looking at the ingredient list shows no BHA/BHT, ethoxyquin free meat sources, and clearly labeled protein sources. There are no ambiguous terms such as "animal" fat or "meat" meal. You will also notice that the bag does not read like a bag of corn chips. There aren't filler or lower quality ingredients such as corn or white rice. The nutritional ratios are designed to strengthen lean muscle mass, keeping lean body condition, and to help the large breed dog maintain a longer lifespan so valuable to anyone who owns a large breed dog.

i would buy again

nice product i love it

nice product i love it

Wellness Dog food is one of the best foods you can give your dog

from Strongsville, OH

Comments about Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog Food:

We switched our Golden Retreiver from Iams dog food to Wellness brand dog food because she had been having really bad skin allergies. After researching dog foods (petfoodanalysis.com is a great site!!) and seeing that Wellness was rated just under organic foods we decided to give it a try.  Although our dog still has grass allergies, we noticed she has a much firmer stool, less gas, and a much shinier coat. The food is a little pricey, but with what we would have paid in vet bills, we figure we have more than made up the money. When selecting a dog food it's imperative that the first 3 main ingredients aren't by-products. The first three ingredients in this Wellness bag are deboned chicken, deboned white fish and chicken meal.  Right away that tells you it's a better food than someone who's first three ingredients listed are Corn Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal and Ground Whole Grain Sorghum (which is what we were giving our dog before!) Overall, one of the best foods to give your furry friend!

Well worth the extra money!

from Bethlehem, GA

Comments about Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog Food:

My dog has been eating Wellness Large Breed Weight Control formula for nearly 6 years now.  It is such a great product!  I had a brief moment of insanity where I thought about switching her to a cheaper dog food--then I read the labels of other foods and quickly changed my mind. Wellness is made with real meat as well as fruits and vegetables; please read what is in other dog food, and you'll want to use Wellness too!  I don't have to feed my dog quite as much food because it is such high quality.  She also doesn't produce quite as much doggie waste like other dogs on cheaper, lower quality foods---less for me to clean up!  Plus, her coat is so soft and shiny---I've literally had complete strangers come up to me to pet her and tell me how beautiful she is.  A great dog food helps with that!  Wellness also makes canned food that my dog loves---the varieties that say 95% chicken/turkey/lamb/duck are so wonderful!  I open the can, and you can literally smell the meat---my dog always comes running for those!  I would highly recommend feeding your dog this brand of food!

Wellness is the Best

from Melbourne, FL

Comments about Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog Food:

Wellness Dog food is really great.  Not only is it very tasty to most dogs but cuts down on the amount of waste from your animal.  It is all natural with no by products which is very important for my dog as well as I am sure important to other dog owners out there.  It has been given a rating in the top 10 dog foods in many dog periodicals. My dog loves this food and has a lot of energy and always seems happy.  It does tend to be a little pricey but why skimp on our animals when they are part of our family.

Well worth the price

from Greenville, NC

Comments about Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog Food:

This food is one of the most wholesome dry dog foods out on the market.  I know it tends to be a bit pricey but you really get what you pay for in this department.  Other, cheaper dog foods can actually have a severe impact on your pet's health.  The ingredients in this food and other organic, holistic foods contain high quality nutrition.  I've also noticed that my dog needs to eat less than half as much as other brands.  Instead of filler food, Wellness uses real meat and real veggies.