4.8

Cons

Very excellent products

from CV

About Me New Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Good Value

Cons

• Messy

• Active Dogs

Excellent products
Hedda type of products from Ehsan Alanua and Acfaha

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Perfect for my Doggy - Zolo

Comments about Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog Food:

I have recently started giving this food to my doggy zolo who is a German Shepherd. My Veterinary physician advised since my zolo was very thin and there was not much improvement in his health. I tried all the good food for him but it didn't gave me the required result but when I consulted the doc, he advised for Wellness and it indeed showed results pretty quickly.

The food have all the nutritious ingredient so even if my zolo has it in a low quantity, it is sufficient. Post I started Wellness to my zolo, it has become very active

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients with quality protein is very advantageous for the pet. It not only help the pet in the proper digestion but also give them proper nutritional intake which is required for the big breeds like German Shepherd.

Flavor Selection
There are various flavors available like meat, beef, chicken so it depends which one your dog likes. My zolo like meat though.

• Flavor Selection:

One of the top dog food brands!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog Food:

Let me first start off with, my dogs absolutely love this dog food! I found this at a local pet store a couple of months ago, and I have been purchasing it since then. Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog food is made with all-natural products to ensure your dog's well-being and overall health. I would recommend this for dog owners who want to make sure their dogs are being provided with all of the nutrients they need.

Quality of Ingredients
Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog food was reported as one of the top ten dog food brands in several articles/magazines. This dog food is made of whole all-natural ingredients. I knew this was true when I looked at the list of ingredients, and I could pronounce each and every one.

Flavor Selection
This brand of dog food provides quite a variety of flavors. My dogs prefer the chicken flavor and the beef flavor. There are plenty of other flavors to choose from though.

Large Breed Dog Food

Comments about Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog Food:

For my large breed male shepherd this Wellness Super Mix Dry dog food works efficiently in helping my dog to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle without all the added garbage that would weigh him down. My dog leads a lifestyle just a step below show dog performance levels so my husband and I need him eating foods that help his coat to look shiny and beautiful as well as keep him energized for performance and tricks. This wellness super mix meets up to all these high standards we have which is quite satisfactory. As of yet he has had no signs of side effects or allergies to the dry food thus far. His digestive track also seems to be more on course as well. The price is not cheap but it seems to be around the normal price that this much dog food would cost. One large bag lasts our dog around two weeks meaning we buy two bags a month.

Flavor Selection
We believe there is a moderate flavor selection. Our dog prefers the meat flavors especially.

• Flavor Selection:

Fantastic nutrition for your dog!

from Winchendon, MA

Comments about Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog Food:

We switched to Wellness large breed dry dog good for our Great Dane at the recommendation of our vet after our dog was not gaining enough weight. Its tough to find a large breed dog food that has wholesome natural ingredients but Wellness fits the bill. Our dog who would only pick at several other brands we tried can't get enough of Wellness and there are several flavors and varieties so we can mix and match to give her variation and keep her interested. Most importantly she was able to get to the optimum weight on Wellness. It also gives us the peace of mind of knowing that she is getting healthy natural nutrition without any added fillers or common allergens. It is more pricey than other brands, especially in the larger bags we have to buy to feed our small horse of a dog but we see the returns in a healthier happier dog and her improved health will potentially save in vet bills and heartache down the line. We would definitely recommend it!

• Flavor Selection:

Top of the line great nutrition for pets.

from Detroit, MI

Comments about Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog Food:

The Whole Dog Journal rated Wellness pet foods very highly. Wellness has recently gone through some transitions. This used to be a baked line of food, but due to demand and production costs they have had to switch to extruded. This still makes this one of the best quality products available for pets. High quality proteins, usable grains as carbohydrate sources, and the lack of mystery ingredients make Wellness a great line. It is more expensive than chemically laden foods, but because it is usable nutrition you are often able to reduce the daily amounts fed. Looking at the ingredient list shows no BHA/BHT, ethoxyquin free meat sources, and clearly labeled protein sources. There are no ambiguous terms such as "animal" fat or "meat" meal. You will also notice that the bag does not read like a bag of corn chips. There aren't filler or lower quality ingredients such as corn or white rice. The nutritional ratios are designed to strengthen lean muscle mass, keeping lean body condition, and to help the large breed dog maintain a longer lifespan so valuable to anyone who owns a large breed dog.

Best dry food for large breeds

from Decatur, GA

Comments about Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog Food:

Once we started feeding this dry food to our English Mastiff, we've never tried anything else. Switching him to this food led to a HUGE improvement in his overall health, especially his joints and GI tract. We've been feeding him Wellness for about four years now, and can't imagine giving him any other food. Even though he'd only been a few years old, as can happen with larger breeds, he was already beginning to have joint pain that wasn't helped by other supplements. Within a few weeks of switching him to this food, we saw an improvement in his joint pain and overall posture, and probably the best thing was no more runny stools or diarrhea! And there was also a big reduction in gas as well - we definitely appreciated that! Even though Wellness foods are higher priced than many, we were able to cut out other supplements and remedies that were only trying to counteract the previous, poor food. You won't regret switching your dog to this!

My dog loves it!

from Bothell, WA

Comments about Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog Food:

My dog has been using Wellness since she was a puppy (she's 5 years old now).  She is a German Shepherd/Lab mix which makes her a "large breed".  She loves Wellness!  Any time we put her food down, she gobbles it up like she hasn't eaten in days!  She especially loves it when we put a scoop of pumpkin puree' in there.

The think I like most about Wellness is the fact that it's all natural and has no fillers.  It's important to us that our dog is healthy, as she is a service dog for Search and Rescue.  Her health is vital to her job and she is a very healthy dog.  We know it's in part to her diet and Wellness is a big part of that!

I also love that there is a dogfood especially for large breeds.  They need special attention paid to their joints and bones.

This food is a bit more expensive and harder to find than most "regular" dog foods, but it's worth going out of the way and paying more for it if I know I'm going to have a happy, healthy dog!  Thank you, Wellness!

Wellness Dog Food is the healthy choice for dogs

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog Food:

I have had multiple Golden Retrievers over the years.  For most of that time I was feeding them Eukanuba Dog food brand.  After doing lengthy research and reading many reviews, I decided to switch to Wellness for my current dog.  I definitely saw improvements in my dog.

First was a noticeable change in his coat.  It is much shinier than before and also appeared less oily. I have had several people comment on the changes.

I also agree with other reviewers who commented that their dogs require less food on Wellness.  My dog often eats half of what he used to on Eukanuba.  I went from feeding him 3 cups a day down to 1 1/2 on most days.  Even though Wellness is more expensive than most brands, it evens out a bit with the decrease in food intake.

Most importantly, my dog loves the taste.  He never turns his nose up at his Wellness kibble.

I am going to stick with Wellness and hope that the quality ingredients in Wellness will help him live a long life!

Wellness Dog food is one of the best foods you can give your dog

from Strongsville, OH

Comments about Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dry Dog Food:

We switched our Golden Retreiver from Iams dog food to Wellness brand dog food because she had been having really bad skin allergies. After researching dog foods (petfoodanalysis.com is a great site!!) and seeing that Wellness was rated just under organic foods we decided to give it a try.  Although our dog still has grass allergies, we noticed she has a much firmer stool, less gas, and a much shinier coat. The food is a little pricey, but with what we would have paid in vet bills, we figure we have more than made up the money. When selecting a dog food it's imperative that the first 3 main ingredients aren't by-products. The first three ingredients in this Wellness bag are deboned chicken, deboned white fish and chicken meal.  Right away that tells you it's a better food than someone who's first three ingredients listed are Corn Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal and Ground Whole Grain Sorghum (which is what we were giving our dog before!) Overall, one of the best foods to give your furry friend!