Other Dog Foods:

Wellness Dry dog food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Wellness changed my pack!

When my oldest golden retriever was diagnosed with lymphoma at the age of seven, the first thing I looked into was her dog food. After all, we had two other dogs, including a border collie puppy and another golden, and I couldn't fathom losing another part of our family. After doing a lot of research and reading, I decided to feed my dogs Wellness. We have used the senior blend, Super5 Mix, and the puppy blend, all of which worked wonders on my dogs.

Reagan, our golden, had always been riddled with health problems. Allergies, bad stomach aches, gas, and ear infections are only some of the issues she had. When she started on Wellness, all of these problems went away! At her annual check-up this year, the vet commented on how soft her coat was and asked if she had just had a bath. I said no, and that we switched our dog food to Wellness. Our vet said that Reagan is healthier now than she ever has been in her entire life, and she is five years old. I thank Wellness for their quality product, because it shows in my pets!

Wellness Dogfood is fair

When I bought my first bag of Wellness dogfood, it was because I had a free coupon for the product. I have always heard about how much better holistic foods are for dogs, well I had to feed my dogs just as much of this food as if I had bought the so called cheap dry dogfood at the supermarket. Dogs dont know the difference in the amount of food, to them a cup of food is a cup of food, no matter if it is all natural or not. When they taste the real meat in a food they want to eat more of it. Because the food is so expensive to begin with and small bags to boot, I would end up feeding my dogs double or triple the amount of food that I feed them now. I feed my dogs food they like and enjoy, I dont like to overfeed them, they only have one meal a day along with a few treats. And this keeps them very happy, and dont put me in bankruptcy court. So I guess I will stick with supermarket dogfood, until prices come down.

Fantastic Dog Food for all sizes and ages of dogs

from Goose Creek, SC

Comments about Wellness Dry dog food:

Wonderful product for my dog. The healthy weight product has helped my dog regain her proper weight, and how she is much feistier! She does not appear to be 14 years old because she still is as active as when she was a puppy.

Quality of Ingredients
all quality ingredients, no by products or additives

Flavor Selection
My dog especially loves the salmon, turkey, and brown rice flavors.

Excellent Dog Food

Comments about Wellness Dry dog food:

All of my three labs love this food. From the moment I bought the first bag till now they have had no problems with keeping this dog food down. The food also has maintained their weight. I had to increase the amount of food given during the day because they were losing weight compared to the amount given on other brands

Quality of Ingredients
Great for keeping the weight off

Flavor Selection
Labs will eat anything so flavor is not a factor

• Flavor Selection:

Food I feel good about feeding to my beloved pet.

Comments about Wellness Dry dog food:

I love this food for my dog Nalia and she definitely loves it too! She used to be eating another brand of dog food, Hills Science Diet, it was less expensive and the ingredients weren't as good of a quality, and after going through half of a 48 lb. bag, I noticed that she has stopped eating and wouldn't eat/finish her kibble unless she was absolutely starving or if I mixed her kibble with peanut butter or something else a little tastier to motivate her to finish her meals.

That's when I did my research and decided upon buying a 4 pound bag of Wellness Core Grain-Free dry dog food at my local pet store. It was a little more expensive than Hills, but it was definitely worth it. Nalia finishes all her meals without any hesitation now. She's always excited for mealtime and no longer do I have to add anything to her kibble.

I'm a lot happier too because Wellness uses top-quality ingredients, no fillers and few, if any, by-products. Furthermore, this brand is a little more expensive than others, but you end up paying the same amount in the long run since you don't have to feed as much to your pet - it definitely last longer if you stick to the feeding instructions. Wellness is very wholesome and natural whereas brands that aren't have a lot of fillers and by-products, therefore you have to feed your pet more of the cheap stuff to give them the same amount of nutrients they'd get from a little bit of the expensive stuff. So I only feed my dog 1-1.5 cups a day as opposed to the 2 cups per day I was feeding her when she was on Hills.

wellness just for puppy

Comments about Wellness Dry dog food:

We tried other highly rated puppy foods, i.e., Blue Buffalo and Bil-Jac, Wellness CORE is by far the BEST! We a small puppy and she loves the taste and are satisfied with the recommended feeding amounts. Her stools are solid and actually has very little odor and in much smaller amounts. Won't ever use anything else!! Wellness is by far the best dog food there is!

• Flavor Selection:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Wellness Dry dog food:

I only put poor in here because I need to let people know that some dogs can not "stomach" it, literally.

Quality of Ingredients
I thought I was getting a great food, but my small lab can not eat it. It makes her sick.
my bigger lab can eat it no problems.

My small dogs love it!

Comments about Wellness Dry dog food:

I have been feeding Wellness Small Breed and & Wellness Small Breed Healthy Weight to my two dogs for a few years now. I have a 8 lb large Chihuahua (trust me she's not overweight) and an 7 lb Min Pin. They both love their food and scarf it up with no complaints. You can't get much better ingredients here. I always had a difficult time finding good food specifically for small dogs. Even if they had a small dog food, they wouldn't have a weight management form. So it's been great feeding them Wellness which my local pet store carries. It's easy to maintain my dogs' weight on this food. My Chihuahua needed to gain some, now were just maintaining it. The Min Pin has also maintained her weight perfectly. I couldn't be happier with how they look and their coats are so soft!

• Flavor Selection:

A solid choice if you need a very small kibble

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Wellness Dry dog food:

Our small breed dog didn't have the best teeth and we always struggled to purchase her dry dog food that she could eat. Finding one that had small kibble was very important, and was the reason behind my choosing "Wellness Small Breed Super5Mix Adult Health Dog Food".

This isn't sold locally so we had to purchase it from a pet store, meaning the cost was significantly more than what I would pay in my grocery store for a bag of dog food. The store clerk assured me this was a very high quality food.

The 3/8" size of the kibble is good for small breed or toy dogs. The food is packaged so that the bag closes to keep it fresh, and it was easy to store right in the bag.

My vet told me to look for a dog food that contained meat as a main ingredient and this one lists deboned turkey, chicken meal, and salmon meal, so it met our criteria. It is also free of some ingredients that dogs are more prone to be allergic to such as wheat, corn and soy, and it has no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.

Our dog ate this as long as we mixed it with other canned dog food, which I did not like to do. As much as I liked the quality, the price was more than I wanted to pay and I ended up finding a different brand that my dog loved for half the price.

Quality of Ingredients
Deboned Turkey, Chicken Meal, Salmon Meal are the first three ingredients, so this is a good quality product. Nothing artificial added.

Flavor Selection
Our dog never went crazy over it but she ate it when we mixed it with canned food

Dogs won't eat it

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Wellness Dry dog food:

I was hoping this would be a good food my dogs would just ravish but that was not to be. They sniffed it and left. I bought the same brand but another flavor, again, the dogs sniffed the food and left. Now I have two bags of dog food I will take to the Humane Society.

My dogs love this food

from Soddy Daisy, TN

Comments about Wellness Dry dog food:

My dogs love this food. It's well balanced and doesn't have any of the crap that a lot of the "name brands" have in their food. My dogs don't hesitate to eat this when it goes in their bowl. They are pretty picky about other brands!

The best dog food available

from Long Beach, CA

Comments about Wellness Dry dog food:

I love Wellness. This is a brand I trust to give to my beloved dog, Rudy. Wellness is an organic product that offers many great flavors for your pooch's palate. Their canned food combines various meats with sweet potato -- including turkey, chicken, whitefish, New Zealand lamb, and salmon. They also have puppy and senior formulas.

This brand has reliably and continually received accolades from the Whole Dog Journal as one of the top brands (and safest) endorsed in their annual review of dog food. I lost my last dog to liver failure - and one theory was that the food I gave her (a popular name brand) was full of chemicals and additives (and "meat by-products") that slowly hurt the function of her liver. From that moment on, I vowed to only feed my dogs organic food.

Wellness also offers dry food and other canned food (via their 95% meat line). Best of all, my dog loves this food - first, foremost and most importantly!