3.9
Wellbutrin
Wellbutrin Bupropion Hydrochloride

Wellbutrin Bupropion Hydrochloride

3.9

After many other meds, this one was a life saver.

**    WellbutrinXR is an antidepressant that may also be useful in helping kick addictions of all sorts, including cigarettes, alcohol, and opiates (pain meds).**
Read complete review

**      In my own experience, I was in a boat wreck in 1996 and left with a crippled left leg and chronic pain. Now, let me tell you something my doctors never told me. If you suffer chronic pain and must take opiates for relief, you will become tolerant to the med doses, and physically addicted. This is NOT anything similar to a street addict at all. This is a normal side effect of a necessary, life saving med (anyone doubt that, try living with severe pain day after day year after year). Opiates (hydrocodone, vicodin, oxycodone, etc) interfere with  the brain's ability to make dopamine and endorphins - two of the major chemicals that allow us to feel any type of happiness or pleasure. Seems obvious to me that a product like Wellbutrin should be prescribed along with opiates for long term use, but it is not commonly done. As for the addictions, its currently believed that dopamine and endorphins are largely or completely responsible for the physical reactions - your body cannot make what it needs and it reacts when the substitute is pulled. It takes long term use to help, if it helps, so don't give up (took me 9 months before i forgot to take a pain pill and realized it did not make me sick). BTW, this physical addiction is nothing to be ashamed of, and nobody can judge who has not been there. The medical professions, as well as government agencies concerned, recognize a huge difference in physical addiction due to taking needed meds aka pseudoaddiction, and tolerance which is to be expected in either case, and in those who get addicted trying to get high (those with severe pain know, you cannot get high, you cannot even get complete pain relief when in true pain). But though there is NO shame in this, there is also no need to suffer if you don't have to - there are many many reasons one runs out of meds, from taking a pill half an hour early 9 or 10 doses of the month, to inability to get hold of your doctor in time (mine is often on vacations when needed), lack of money or insurance, etc. And seeking pain relief when undertreated is not the same as drug seeking to get high, and the public needs to be made aware of this. Too many good people are suffering in pain that will never heal, only get worse, while being preached at to quit the meds and feeling looked down upon and judged by doctors,nurses, friends and family, and society in general, and it just wrong. It unjust.**

**      Wellbutrin is different from other antidepressants, in that it is not an MAO inhibitor nor a serotonin reuptake inhibitor (popular among docs now evidentally). If you have tried these types of antidepressants, whether you have any addiction or not, your depression could be caused by a lack of dopamine and/or endorphins, and it may be a good idea to ask your doctor about Wellbutrin.**

Be very careful with it, it's not for everyone

I read lots of reviews on other sites too about Wellbutrin and after my depression came back I decided to ask my doctor if I can try it.(Before I was on Zoloft and than Lexapro, but either they stopped to work or I put on so much weight and lost my sex drive, I stopped taking it.) I jump started Wellbutrin and just after 3 days I almost ended up in the ER. My blood pressure was very high, I had heart palpatations and I couldn't sleep up until 4 am. I was so scared that I didn't want to take any medication again....

Then my depression hit me even harder and I started to think that maybe 150mg twice a day was too much for me and if I just could try the 75 mg that would work. Well it didn't, I couldn't sleep again and I felt very sick.

Currently I am trying Cymbalta, wish me luck...

An Anti-Depression Medication For Long Term Use

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Wellbutrin Bupropion Hydrochloride:

When I was in the hospital and battling depression and emotional ups and downs the psychologist started me on Wellbutrin. I had been on other medications in the past for short term depression but never really noticed any change in my emotional well-being. I do not suffer from depression on a regular basis; for me it's usually something that lasts a few weeks while I am having issues with my residual or seasonal chronic pain.

I did notice my emotional stability was a bit better after taking this about two weeks but as mentioned, I do not suffer from depression all the time. When I was released from the hospital I was given a prescription for it but elected to not have it filled because I knew that my situation and circumstances were changing for the better. I did notice that my mood was elevated and when I did have a setback in physical therapy it wasn't as overwhelming as it was before I started taking Wellbutrin.

Enjoying the New Me

Comments about Wellbutrin Bupropion Hydrochloride:

It's only been two weeks since I started taking Wellbutrin and I feel like I'm 20 again! I've gone from a depressed, negative, couch potato to an outgoing, positive person! My family cannot believe the change in me. I wished I had not waited so long to try Wellbutrin. I do suffer from adult attention deficit disorder as well, but I'm beginning to become more focused and I'm actually setting goals for myself because I know I'll reach them. I do at times feel the jitters but I believe they will go away as my body adjusts to the meds.

Never take

Comments about Wellbutrin Bupropion Hydrochloride:

When I first decided to quit smoking it was a challenge, especially being around smokers. I heard there were a few types of medicine you could take that helps reduce your cravings for smoking and to help you still be in a great mood. My doctor recommended Wellbutrin and to this day I will never take this again. i had so many horrible side effects. My mood legit made me feel crazy and so depressed. All pills work differently with each individual but this one sure did me in. I wouldn't recommend this pill to anyone.

Good for Depression, Great for Energy!

Comments about Wellbutrin Bupropion Hydrochloride:

My doctor prescribed this to me because I wanted to quit smoking and I also have depression. On top of all of that, I also have Lyme Disease. One of the horrible symptoms of Lyme is extreme fatigue. I had tried other things for fatigue but nothing touched it, so I was a little skeptical about this. I started the Wellbutrin 150 mg and I felt the positive effects almost immediately. The doctor recommended that I take it when I first woke up and I am glad I did. I had more energy the first day than I knew what to do with. I felt great! I did not experience the brain fog that goes along with many of the other anti-depressants. I did feel like my heart would beat out of my chest a few times though and that was one side effect I did not like, but luckily it did not last long. I am still working on the smoking cessation, but I have noticed that cigarettes don't give me the same satisfaction that they once did. I'm very hopeful!

Made me feel terrible and more depressed

Comments about Wellbutrin Bupropion Hydrochloride:

I can't take Wellbutrin. I had a terrible experience with it. I was prescribed it for my depression and it actually made my depression and anxiety worse! I could not stop crying! I could not even function during my college classes. I literally had to walk out of class because I felt like I was dying inside. I could not stop crying. I had suicidal thoughts and felt like there was no hope left for me. I also had the worst night sweat ever. I woke up in a pool. At first, I thought that perhaps I had slept so hard that I had an accident, but my entire body was drenched and my clothes were soaking. I could have wrung them out! I went to my doctor and got off of it ASAP. Thank heavens for Celexa! That is what I take now and it made a world of difference. I am glad that I was able to get help and not do something stupid while I was taking Wellbutrin.

Small dose added to my zoloft...

Comments about Wellbutrin Bupropion Hydrochloride:

I started taking Zoloft, but my anxiety started creeping back in and I was yawning constantly. I also felt so tired and run down I could barely stand it. My dr wanted to up my dose since my anxiety was creeping back, but I told her I was reluctant since it was making me so tired. She said she wanted me to start taking Welbutrin to combat the side effects of zoloft and for the extra little boost to the benefits of zoloft. So far so good. I don't yawn nearly as much, and I am not feeling so tired and run down. The only issue is I noticed I have been slightly more irritable lately. I am hoping that will go away as I have only been taking the welbutrin for about 2 wks and I know often it takes a month or so to completely regulate. I go back to the dr next month and I am hoping this combo of zoloft and welbutrin will be the trick to keep my anxiety at bay. I hate the idea of taking 2 medications, but if I am feeling better than it is worth it. I just hope I don't have to stop taking it and go through the nasty side effects.

Run away from this

from Boston, MA

Comments about Wellbutrin Bupropion Hydrochloride:

If you think the side effects can be bad, just wait until the withdrawal kicks in. Unless you want to spend some serious time in bed or thinking your world is spinning, either stay on this forever or never take it.

Great Anti-depressant

from Redding, CA

Comments about Wellbutrin Bupropion Hydrochloride:

I have a problem. Its called Major Depression. I have had it for about 25 years now. Over the past many years, I have tried many anti-depressants. Some good, most bad. Of course, everybody's body chemistry is different, so you have to take that into consideration. It seems as though a drug will work for a certain amount ot time, then quit. They say its because the body gets used to it. I am now on Wellbutrin. I had many anger issues, to say the least. But I have never been an angry person. So when I started this pill, I was suprised to find out that I really wasn't angry at all. It was a deficiency in my brain. I feel great now, as long as I take it as prescribed every day.

I have had very good luck with Wellbutrin

from Elmira, NY

Comments about Wellbutrin Bupropion Hydrochloride:

I have been using Wellbutrin for five years and it has changed my life. Sometimes you hear the term wonder drug, well this might be as close as anything comes to that handle. I no longer suffer from the high anxiety that was ruining my life. For anyone who suffers from anxiety please ask your Doctor about Wellbutrin, it could change your life too.

Yeah this is prescription but actually worked while it lasted

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Wellbutrin Bupropion Hydrochloride:

I really don't like taking Medication.... really. I do eventually give into the doctors and take what they give me. I took wellbutrin for a couple weeks and it was nice. I had all the energy i had wanted and it was like i had my life back until i couldn't stop. It actually increases anxiety. In my case worrying. My shrink found out that my doctor prescribed it and stopped it immediately. Sucked because i liked it. I heard it's becoming a recreational drug so be careful out there. Good to take if you want to stop smoking or drinking.