Other Diaper Rash Creams:
Weleda
Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care

Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care

Healing cream for baby's skin

We love Weleda's Moisturizing Calendula cream for baby. It can be used for all sorts of skin issues including dryness and any kind of rash anywhere on baby's body. It has a strong odor which could make you nervous at first about using it on sensitive skin, but that is just the calendula which is a soothing, healing herb. We had lots of skin issues with my baby's delicate fair skin, and this cream is the only one that reduced redness and eventually healed her various face rashes. It works really well on diaper rash as well! For a combination of dry skin and rash I liked to use the calendula cream first and then I'd follow up with a nice lotion or oil once the cream absorbed.

Pretty Good

We were given this cream from a person that found it to be the most wonderful product on the market however I found this diaper rash cream to be avarage.

I...Read complete review

I felt like it did the job but I felt as if it took longer then it should have but maybe that is because I had it built up so much in my mind. it is better then you basic Desitine or off brand diaper cream because it dosent take a week to start working which has been my experience in the past with other brands.

I do like the fact that it is all natural and it didnt burn like past brands that I had tried it is a little pricy so I probably wouldnt get it again cause I dont have enough money. I also dont like the fact that its not as easy to find.

The odor is unusual but not bad for people who care about things like that I did like the fact that you could get it in little travel size cases so that it fit easily in the diaper bag with out taking up so much space

Works Very Well

Comments about Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care:

We were fortunate that our baby did not have diaper rash or redness often, but whenever she did, pretty much one application of the Weleda diaper cream cleared up any redness or irritation very quickly. She never had extreme diaper rash or open sores, so I don't know if this is appropriate for that level of diaper rash, but for mild diaper rash this is the best. The scent is mild and pleasing. The texture is smooth and glides on the skin easily. Sometimes the oil separates a bit from the white solids, making it seem a little messy, but that's not a really big deal. We had another natural diaper ointment with calendula that didn't work half as well as this. It literally stopped any redness before it ever developed into a big problem. It may seem expensive compared to other products, but our daughter is now two and a half, well out of diapers, and we still have a good bit of this left. So one tube should last for your entire diapering experience, maybe two at the most.

I like that it's natural, but it really stinks!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care:

While there are things I love about this diaper cream, I have to knock off some points because I really don't like the texture or the scent of this product. Maybe I'm used to thick diaper creams like A+D, Burt's Bees, Desitin, etc., but **Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care** is just too oily. When I squeeze some out of the tube, oil comes out together with the cream and it is really off-putting.

What I do like is the fact that this is a *natural* product that is not tested on animals and contains no parabens, petroleum or petroleum by-products.

I think this product would work better if it had a thicker consistency, but as is, it does work well. I only bought one tube and probably wouldn't buy another. Also, I don't know if the packaging has changed, but even though I like it's recyclable tin tube, it makes it hard to get all of the product out.

pricey but well worth the investment

from Denver, CO

Comments about Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care:

i first found this online after i did my research & decided to take a chance and order it.

why i picked it is because of the following features - i'll add my following comments to the features.

- *all natural and Organic Diaper Cream for Baby --* i thoroughly enjoyed that this was natural & organic & while i won't go out of my way to blow my budget at whole foods i do feel there is an investment needed for whatever goes on the skin.

- *Heals Skin while protecting it from future irritation -* i am not too sure about this one as i didn't really see too much of a difference but it did seem to work in the moisturizing aspect.

- *Completely Non-Toxic *- two thumbs up for this one!

- *For baby with very sensitive and dry skin, this rich body cream naturally protects, soothes and repairs. Forming a protective layer it helps to prevent from excess moisture loss, soothe irritation. --* i agree with this one. it is indeed a very rich cream so a little goes a long way. yes, it's expensive but it's well worth the investment and this will be the only product i buy from now on.*** *

I like it but my baby does not

from Bellingham, WA

Comments about Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care:

I like the smell of this product and that it is "natural" but whatever is making that yummy smell must also be stinging my daughter's behind. She has sensitive skin so I tried the "natural" products and many of them were actually worse than Desitin. My daughter sucks in her breath and whimpers in pain when I apply this to her sore bum. :(

Weleda Baby Diaper Care Disappears

from Hancock, MI

Comments about Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care:

I wanted to love this because I hate the thought of using chemicals on my baby's skin but it didn't help diaper rash at all. I put it on (a lot of it) and by the next diaper change it always has disappeared. I don't think the zinc oxide is strong enough to stay put like Desitin does. Overall, this diaper cream smells better than the competitors but it just didn't work for us.

Doesn't seem to work at all

from Hillsborough, NC

Comments about Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care:

My sister gave me this cream as a shower gift almost five years ago, when I had my first child.  It had been recommended to her by a friend with six kids, so I thought that was a pretty good recommendation!  I really did not like this cream as much as my favorite cream.  It seemed a little watery, and never seemed to have any effect on my daughter's diaper rash.  If there was any dampness on her bum at all, it would not adhere, and it would slide right off.

It had a bit of an off smell that I did not like.  I did like that it is more of a natural product, but it was not effective.  I guess it is pricier than some of the other brands, but since I didn't buy it I didn't have a problem with that!  I have never seen coupons for this product so I would be unlikely to buy it without some kind of a promotion.  I only have 2 kids, but I would not recommend this product as it did not work on my babies bums!

Very effective and natural!

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care:

We have many different types of Weleda products for our baby and this is one of our favorites.  We've been using the Calendula Diaper Care cream since he was a few months old and it works like a charm!  Our son has very sensitive skin and we went through many brands of diapers before we found ones that didn't irritate his skin.  This cream really helped us through that process.  It works very fast and smells great!  Some people might find the scent a little odd, but it's an all natural product and scent so it's not going to smell chemical-like (which in my opinion brands like desitin, etc. do).  It's perfect for sensitive skin and has many natural ingredients.  It does cost a bit more but unless you're going through a lot of diaper cream in my opinion it is worth the cost difference.  We've also used Burt's Bees and California Baby but we like Weleda the best, it's nice and thick and works very fast!  The container is a bit strange though (metal-ish tube) and can start to crack if folded to get the very last of the product out.

Love it

from Ludlow, MA

Comments about Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care:

I bought this before my baby was born at Whole Foods when I had a gift certificate.  I love it.  It works great and quickly on diaper rash.  I've also used it on eczema on other parts of her body and it works great for that as well.  It smells nice and isn't greasy at all.  I originally picked it because it was safe for cloth diapers and because I'd heard good things about it.  I am very happy with my choice.  The tube that I got has lasted for over a year and is still more than half full.  I've found that within one or two applications her rash is either gone or at least greatly improved (depending on how bad the rash was).  This is a bonus because it means that you don't need to use much to clear up a rash.  I usually put a bit on as soon as I see her start to get red and by the next diaper change the redness is totally gone.  She has fairly severe eczema on her face (cheeks and chin) and I use it in a rotation of other creams for that as well.  I love this cream and will buy more in the future.

not for babies for great for your face

from New York, NY

Comments about Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care:

i didn't like how this didn't work for my baby's butt but it worked for my face...i saw on the tv show the doctors that you can put diaper rash cream on your face and it would make it feel like a baby's booty..which is true..put the diaper rash cream on your face leave it for 1 hour and wash it off with soap and water than put cocoa butter and your face willl feel like a baby's butt no lie i've done this for 3 months and my face looks like a baby smooth butt

Magical

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Weleda Baby Calendula Diaper Care:

I have three children so as you can imagine I have gone through my fair share of treating diaper rash. I have tried most of the available creams that you can find at local shops and never saw a big difference and the diaper rash would easily take 5-7 days to heal. The first time I tried Weleda Baby's Calendula diaper cream I was won over. Not only does it only contain natural ingredients (so I know it's safe for my babies) it also smells nice, it's easy to apply, and most importantly it cleared the rash overnight! It's by far the best results I've seen. This diaper cream might seem a little more expensive than others but you only need to apply a very thin layer so the tube lasts ages; I only buy two tubes a year at most so it does work out cheaper in the long run than regular creams. I'm always recommending it to my relatives/friends with babies and so far everyone who's tried it has also never looked back either.