Other Juices:

Welch's Healthy Start 100% Juice

Pros

Cons

Welch's Heathy Start 100% has appealing nutritional benefits

I also tried this product as a result of a recent Bzz Agent Campaign during which I was offered a coupon for a free carton of Welche's Healthy Start juice.  It was pretty hard to find at my local stores, but it was definitely worth the search.  My family and I sampled the white grape, orange and mango flavor, which I thought would be most acceptable for everyone in the family.  My oldest daughter and my husband both hate concord grape juice, but both of them loved the taste of this white grape/orange/mango variety.  My littlest and I enjoyed the taste as well.  For me, however, it was a bit too sweet.  I think it would be much improved if they cut down on the sweetness and it would be healthier too.  As with most juices, the sugar content of this drink is pretty high.

Sweetness aside, I really liked that the product is 100% juice and contains no corn syrup, but is sweetened naturally with the grape juice.  The addition of antioxidants, calcium and vitamins is also a plus.  I'm not sure if it actually has any real health benefits, but it can't hurt.

The only real downside to this product is the price.  It is pricey when compared with other 100% juice products.  It costs about 25% more than comparable refrigerated juices.  I'm not sure that it is enough of an improvement to warrant the price.  I will buy it again though, if I can find a good sale or have a good coupon AND it becomes easier to find.

great juice for children

I am a bzzagent and I received coupons to try this item and provide my opinion.  I personally do not like the taste of 100% juice blends, I usually like to stick to just apple juice when purchasing 100% juice.  My kids liked this product though.  It's a great way to add fruit servings into hectic lifestyles without adding unnecessary sugars and other fillers.  The price on this item when not on sale is too high for my everyday grocery budget, but I can see myself purchasing it again if the right affordable deal comes along.  Would like to see more of a variety of flavors as well.

Welches is breaking new ground

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Welch's Healthy Start 100% Juice:

While every product on the market has at least a small downside, I am unable to see one with Welch's Healthy Start 100% Juice. My personal favorite of all of the 100% juice varieties. I was introduced to this variety at a company picnic. I was surprised to see it being served there! I had to try it to see what all the buzz was about. I expected it to taste somewhat different from there frozen juice selection but there wasn't any noticeable difference where the grape variety is concerned. That didn't bother me at all because I have always enjoyed Welch's Grape Juice. I guess more than anything, I would say that Welches 100% juice reminds me most of the same flavor as grape jelly. It is not a bad taste. It is very sweet tasting - which I normally don't like was actually really good when you add ice or if you freeze it until it is slushy. As far as the other flavors are concerned I have also tried the grape & peach flavor. It is tasty. The combination of grape and peach balances well and dims down some of the sweetness. It is perfect for those who are sensitive to sweet flavors. Of all the flavor varieties, the peach and grape variety are the least sweet. Welch's 100% juice varieties are very good and speak volumes abut the company as a whole.

Welches juice is super tangy and sweet

Comments about Welch's Healthy Start 100% Juice:

I have been drinking Welches grape juice and white grape juice for years. Personally, I like it once and a while. It's a bit too sweet for me, but I do like an occasional glass of welches. I make my own wine out of welches juice, but don't tell anyone that! I think welches juice is a nice refreshing beverage, especially when you are craving something super sweet! I recommend this juice to everyone, especially my family and friends. My mother gives it to my younger siblings, and I definitely say they agree. Although, I wouldn't choose this for my children for an every day beverage, because of the sugar content, but for an occasional bribe, or a good deed, may come a refreshing glass of welches grape, or even the white grape juice. Personally I like the grape juice better, and it makes a better tasting wine, but I would take either, if I had to. I will continue to recommend this juice to everyone.

Welch's Healthy Start

Comments about Welch's Healthy Start 100% Juice:

Welch's Healthy Start Juice is amazing. I love the variety and the flavor. I'm not a huge juice drinker, but these are so delicious. What blows my mind is that it's also healthy. I feel accomplished when my son drinks Welch's juice because he refuses to eat any type of fruit or vegetable. Really good juice.

Happy That Welch's Healthy Start Has No Corn Syrup

from Sherwood, OR

Comments about Welch's Healthy Start 100% Juice:

Welch's Healthy Start comes in a 59 ounce carton and is available in 100% grape juice, blueberry pomegranate concord grape, and white grape orange mango.

I was very happy to read the label on my Welch's Healthy Start and learn that it has no corn syrup, only natural sugar from fruit. I think this is a very healthy improvement. I find it difficult sometimes to find juices that don't use high fructose corn syrup, which I'd prefer to avoid when possible. I picked the 100% grape juice since my son already likes this flavor. I poor the juice into popsicle molds and he can get his 2 servings of fruit (each 8 oz. glass counts as 1 cup or 2 servings of fruit) without even realizing it!  I also appreciate that both of us are getting vitamin C and calcium. This grape juice tasted a little tarter to me than their 'regular' grape juice, but I happily make the switch to avoid the corn syrup. I am a Bzzagent and received a free sample of these in exchange for my honest opinions of the pros and cons.

Welch's Heathy Start 100% has appealing nutritional benefits

from El Sobrante, CA

great juice for children

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Welch's Healthy Start 100% Juice:

Love it, twice the vitamin C without the heartburn :)

from Riverside, CA

Comments about Welch's Healthy Start 100% Juice:

I love it! I was able to sample this to test it out as part of a bzz. I cant drink orange juice because of the heartburn. I love this grape juice. It has twice the vitamin C as orange juice, its loaded with calcium and it has no added sugar. I really enjoyed the blueberry grape juice flavor. Also, I might be crazy but I loved the fact that its refridgerated. Its delicious. It tastes so much better than the jug on the shelf. I love it!

SO much better than other juices I've tried

from Alamogordo, NM

Comments about Welch's Healthy Start 100% Juice:

I don't know how they did it but Welch's gave me exactly what I needed to be a grape juice junkie for life. Normally, I wouldn't buy an all natural juice because I crave the sweetness of the altered juices *gasp*. I know, I know, in this day and age I should be more health conscious but they just taste so goooooood. So when Bzzagent said this was all natural I was worried my pallet wouldn't be pleased but holey moley! This stuff is so good I can't believe it. The texture is perfect, the sweetness vs. tartness is spot on, and to know that it's good for me just makes it a trifecta of AWESOME!!! I'll totally be buying more. This is a new regular in my fridge.

Great for kids!

from Darlington, IN

Comments about Welch's Healthy Start 100% Juice:

Because I'm a BzzAgent, I got to try Welch's Healthy Start Grape Juice for free. My three-year-old daughter is hooked on another Welch's juice, but it's got corn syrup in it, so I've been looking for something else to give her. When I found out about this BzzAgent campaign, I was excited to try it! I didn't think she'd like the juice, though, since I've tried giving her grape juice before, and she wouldn't drink it. She absolutely LOVED this juice, to my surprise, and she has been begging for it ever since. Amazing! It's better for her with no added sugar and no corn syrup, and my two older boys love it, too! I'm so glad we tried the juice! The price is a little high, but with a good coupon, it's reasonable enough.

Delicious Juice Kids Love!

from Bristow, VA

Comments about Welch's Healthy Start 100% Juice:

I received a coupon to try a free sample of Welch's Healthy Start Juice form BzzAgent.  I used it to try the White Grape Orange Mango flavor.  This juice was delicious!  My kids loved it and have been begging for more!  Even the adults in the house have drank it happily.  Healthy Start has 2x the Vitamin C and antioxident power of regular orange juice.  It is 100% juice with calcium and no added sugar (It doesn't need any added sugar, as the natural fruit sugar content is pretty high at 37g/serving) and no fat.  This juice also comes in Grape and Bluebery Pomegranate Concord Grape.  If you are a juice drinking family, your family will like this!