3.8
Weight Watchers
Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin

Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin

3.8

Very tasty, but not a lot of food.

When it comes to frozen dinners, especially the healthy ones, I prefer the non-meat dishes. So when I first tried this, I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious it was. I followed the directions on the package for the microwave and to my delight the noodles were cooked great. The weren't soggy or mushy from being overcooked. The sauce was creamy and although not extremely flavorful, a little salt went a long way. The crumbs on top were good and there was a decent amount. I don't eat celery so I picked that out, but the peas were good and they still had a little pop when you bit them. My main complaint is that there isn't much food. I know these are lower fat and calories and I wasn't expecting a huge amount, but you almost have to eat a salad or soup with this or you are going to be hungry. there is a fair amount of tuna, but not enough protein to keep you full for very long if you don't pair it with something. But if you are looking for something tasty to go with a salad or a piece of chicken, this is a great choice.

This meal is not worth your money or time spent eating it.

I eat so many frozen entree's, I was started to get tired of the one's that I buy over and over again.  I definitely needed to spruce up my freezer with new selections, so I chose one I had never had before: **Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin.**

The cover of the box made it look very appetizing.  There's little chunks of tuna popping out between strands of linguini, celery, peas and a crunchy breadcrumb topping.  The nutrition facts are excellent so I figured this one looked like a nice addition to join it's friends in my freezer.

**Smart Ones says: **"We start with tender chunks of albacore tuna, toss in linguini, crisp peas and mushroom slices, then blend in a rich, creamy sauce topped with toasted bread crumbs."

**How does it taste?**

After taking it out of the microwave, I was kind of put off by the appearance of the **Tuna Noodle Gratin**.  The whole thing looked like one mass of starchy pasta water with pieces of green peaking out.  After I took my first bite, it didn't get much better.  This entree is almost tasteless.  The sauce that the casserole is in, is a bland, milky, flavorless sauce.  It is kind of gross actually.  There is a minuscule amount of tuna in it, the peas and celery are decent, but there is a scare amount of mushrooms.  The only thing in abundance is the nasty sauce - which by the way is neither rich, or creamy.  Even the "toasted breadcrumbs were disappointing.  They were tasteless and moist, not crisp or crunchy like they should be.

**Nutrition: **250 calories, 4.5g fat, 45mg cholesterol, 780mg sodium, 37g carbs, 2g fiber

For anyone that keeps track, this entree is worth 5 Weight Watcher points.

**The Scoop!**

I would rather sacrifice some of the nutrition facts by making this meal more flavorful.  I gave the **Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin **2 stars instead of one because the little amount of tuna, celery and peas were decent and the nutrition facts were so good.

I loved this product. I could eat it every day!!

from Chicago

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin:

I don't understand why I cannot find this product anymore. When I lived in Indianapolis I bought it all the time. I don't understand why I cannot find this product here in Chicago. When I lived in Indianapolis I would always pick up 5-6 of these to keep in stock, however they did sell out quickly. fSince I've moved to Chicago I can no longer find this flavor. All I can find is tuna noodle casserole and it does not taste anywhere near the same. It's pretty horrible. I don't know if it's because it's a different region. I want my old tuna noodle gratin back!!!

Sauce is thin and tuna is in short supply.

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin:

I really wanted to like the Weight Watchers Smart Ones tuna noodle gratin but it fell short. I really wish this dinner had more tuna in it and the sauce needed to be thicker. A bit more sauce would have been nice too. With that being said, this is supposed to be a low-fat alternative though so my expectations were probably a bit too high. The grocery store where I shop often runs out of certain types of Smart Ones dinners so if I only have a few choices, I might buy this again but it definitely wouldn't be my first choice.

not quite up to the usual Smart Ones taste standards

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin:

While I will not say that this dish tastes bad- compared to most of their entrees it is a bit on the disappointing side.The tuna itself seems to be in very short supply, and I have found that the amount and taste of the sauce seems to vary from package to package. It is not very attractive to look at - and placing breadcrumbs on a frozen entree is kind of defeatist unless you cook it in a regular oven. Definitely needs more tuna and the sauce needs some sprucing up. Not up to their usual high standards

Smart Ones Tuna Noodle - Quicker but not better than homemade

from Madison, OH

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin:

One of my husband's favorites is tuna noodle casserole, so I thought I'd pick up a **Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin **to keep in the freezer for a quick meal.

The Nutrition Facts: 250 calories, 4.5g of Fat and 15% of the Daily Requirement of Calcium based on a 2,000 calorie diet. However, as with most frozen "healthy" dinners, the Sodium is high -- 730mg. For those watching their Carbohydrates, there are 37g.

The description states that there are "tender chunks of tuna...linguini...crisp peas...in a rich, creamy sauce topped with toasted bread crumbs". As happens with so many of these pasta dishes, the pasta and sauce end up in a congealed lump and...tuna? Did someone say tuna? It was easier to find celery and peas. The main flavor of the sauce was parmesan and cheddar cheeses...some real, some fabricated.

Under the "Flavor" category on the ingredients panel are fish powder (sardines, bonito) and cod liver oil...I've lost my appetite.

Very tasty, but not a lot of food.

from Clinton, MD

Fills you up

from Belle, WV

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin:

The Tuna Noodle Gratin is a filling meal. the points are low enough that you can add a peice of bread or salad or both with your meal, or even a second serving if you haven't over loaded your points and if your really hungry that day.  I take one to work with me at least once a week for lunch, I take a bit of lettuce and dressing also, it makes a tasty and filling lunch.  You can sruce up the flavor for a bit of change  by adding a bit of fat free ranch dressing to it. It's a can't miss dish.

Weight Watchers Smart Ones-tasty portion control

from Annville, PA

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin:

Weight Watchers makes an amazing array of microwavable meals. I love the creaminess and comfort food feel of the Tuna Noodle Gratin. I think that Weight Watchers meals are a great option for lunch or a quick dinner if needed. I love the aspect of portion control and know exactly how many calories I am consuming.

This tastes great

from Beverly, NJ

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin:

I eat this all the time this is one of my favorites being that i watch what i eat and am trying to keep my weight right i chose to eat the weight watchers meals they have so many to chose from but this is my favorite it is not expensive easy to find in the store it is made with healthy ingredients and it is very good for you my whole family loves them it is easy to make just pop it in the micro wave or in the oven then eat there are others foods out there but this is the best i think that is on the market i do recommend the weight watchers to every one in my mommy and me groups and to all my friends family and every one i talk to we blog about weight watchers all the time this is a good way to eat healthy and less calories and the meal is great when i go shopping i stock up on this meal this is some thing i keep well stocked and enjoy eating i will not be with out this in my frig that is for sure

An easy, satisfying meal

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin:

I have sampled many Weight Watchers Smart Ones entrees and eat these frozen meals on a somewhat regular basis.  While not my favorite offering of Weight Watchers, the Tuna Noodle Gratin is a regular at my house.  The meal is quick and easy to prepare.  The serving size is large enough to leave me feeling satisfied and I love the thick, creamy sauce that covers the noodles.  I usually steam some vegetables to compliment this meal and find that if I mix them into the Tuna Noodle Gratin, there is plenty of sauce to coat them and leave me feeling especially satisfied.  The Weight Watchers Tuna Noodle Gratin ranks in my top five as far a Smart Ones favorites goes.  I find that I can eat this meal on a regular basis and not tire of it as well as find it consistently good tasting.  If you're looking for an easy, low calorie dinner option, I would definitely recommend trying this meal.  If you enjoy tuna, you won't be disappointed!

Cheesy, Alfredoey, tuna goodness!

from Lennox, SD

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Tuna Noodle Gratin:

I am a teacher, and pretty health conscious of what I am eating.  I try to fill my body with foods that will fuel my energy--things that I know are going to get me through the day of screaming teenagers, while not adding inches to my waist line.

I enjoy the Tuna Noodle Gratin because it is simple and easy to make in the teacher's lounge, I can eat it in a hurry, and I know I am eating something healthy for me.