Other Snacks & Cookies:
Snack Cakes
Weight Watchers
Weight Watchers - Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing

Weight Watchers - Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing

Weight Watchers- Lemon cake with lemon icing are guilt free!

Being on a diet is just plain ole boring and not fun so any time I see a brand I know has came out with a new dessert to try I am all about trying it. Weight watchers is known for helping tons of people lose weight through their point  system and foods. Every day it seems like their is a new delicious food or snack to try so when I saw the **Weight Watchers - Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing I had to try that too. Most diet foods have the obvious "diet" flavor  taste but the Weight Watchers- Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing is an exception to that rule. It is great, I am a lover of most desserts and this one is awesome in the sense that if you are counting your points, it's not going to throw you over on those and if you are not it is still a fairly healthy choice when it comes to desserts. The icing is perfect, not too lemony or sweet and the cake is moist, not dry like some of the desserts you buy in packages. It is perfect for taking in your lunch or on the go. These little cakes definitely satisfy the sweet tooth. I would recommmend these to anyone who is trying to lose weight, they are excellent!! I would also recommend trying any of the other flavors that weight watchers may have out now. I 've not been to the store in a few days but am almost positive they have delicious options like the lemon cake with lemon icing!**

Weight Watchers Lemon Cake was a great substitute

Weight Watchers Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing - What a Concept!

Weight Watchers Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing - What a Concept!

Weight Watchers Lemon Cake proved to be a good substitute for my usual choice of double chocolate cookies, double chocolate chip cookies, Oreo cookies, and so on.  I must admit that my first bite was disappointing, as I had great expectations of something very sugary and rich.  I guess what I really wanted was something with a few calories that tasted like something with a lot of calories.  I have now come to believe that this was an unreasonable expectation.

The size of the cakes did not bother me.  As a matter of fact, I was grateful that they were not bigger because it would have been quite a chore to force myself into eating a larger portion.  I was grateful on that first day to just eat it and get it over with.

Weight Watchers Lemon Cake was tasty enough, however, to allow me to eat the whole thing.  Since I was determined to stick as closely to my diet as possible, I told myself how strong I was to be satisfied with the Lemon Cake and not seek further satisfaction with something full of empty calories.  When I purchased these, I bought seven of them - one for each day of the week.

The good news was that I was not tempted to eat more than one a day, as it just simply was not that inviting to a professiona snacker as myself.  It was also not horrible, which allowed me to almost look forward to the next day's snack.  I ate it very slowly, trying to savor each taste and convince myself that it was simply a fabulous desert.

On day two, the experience was just about the same.  But, because I was practicing healthy eating throughout the entire day, avoiding my usual snacks, it still felt like a reward.  The icing was my favorite part, and I made a big production of scraping it off and savoring it for as long as possible.  The icing definitely was a plus, and I began to look forward to that part of the cake.

Day three was a little different.  By that time, I was accustomed to the taste (which really means I was accustomed to not taking in as much sugar).  Because my sugar intake had been drastically cut throughout the day, the Lemon Cake experience was actually starting to be an enjoyable one.  At this point, I was considering some of the other Weight Watchers choices of deserts and wondering what those would taste like.

By day four, I had been someone won over.  The taste had grown on me and had become acceptable.  This desert had become something I looked forward to, a good mid day snack to break the monotomy of healthy eating.  Being a heavy snacker, I thought my diet was doomed to failure because I simply could not envision life without the use of snacks, big snacks, sweet snacks, and especially chocolate snacks.  I was literally setting myself up for death by chocolate.

Days five through seven were equally as satisfying, but I was ready for a change.  However, because I had had such a good experience with the Lemon Cakes with Lemon Icing, I felt I could depend on Weight Watchers to provide interesting and good substitutes to make my diet a success.  After all, sweets were my major downfall.

I think the trick to enjoying a desert of this type is t simply give it a chance.  If I had gone with my very first impression, I am certain that I would not have gotten to the point where I found this desert enjoyable.  Having become accustomed to what amounted to a straight sugar shot, it was a difficult adjustment for my taste buds to make.  The human mind is such a wonderful thing!  It was amazing to me how quickly my mental attitude adjusted, how my perception was changed in a matter of a few days.  For years I had been convinced that if a desert did not come drenched in chocolate and filled with sugar, it was not worth eating.  Having this attitude resulted in me becoming obese and enjoying life less and eating more.

Being open-minded to the program offered by Weight Watchers, I was able to change my eating habits without too much of a shock to my mind and body.  After the first few days, the Lemon Cake actually began to satisfy my craving for sugar, both physical and mental.  Having this experience allowed me to actively apply the concept of having a choice of what to eat, and not eating addictively.

I can now walk through the cookie aisle at my local store and not go through withdrawal.  The chocolate-covered donuts are no longer calling me from the other side of the store.  Yesterday, my children were eating chocolate-chip cookies and I was not bothered in the least.

I have found so much freedom by just giving this product a chance, and realize that by doing so, I actually gave myself a chance to change a life that was full of unhealthy eating habits.  I consider this only the beginning for me, as I have a long way to go, but there will always be a special spot in my heart (and stomach) for Weight Watchers Lemon Cakes with Lemon Icing.

So Good

Comments about Weight Watchers - Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing:

I really enjoy Weight Watchers Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing! These little cakes pack a lot of flavor! Don't let their size fool you. The cake is wonderfully moist and tender. It was not dry or brittle at all like some boxed cakes can be. The cake itself has a light, airy lemon flavor. The icing is very zesty and tangy with a very strong lemon flavor. I think that this is perfect because it does not make an overwhelming combination. This is a sweet cake with pizazz. I love them. They are only 90 calories.

I was truly surprised by this cake!

Comments about Weight Watchers - Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing:

I was actually surprised by the Weight Watchers Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing. The cake tasted and felt like a lemon sponge cake, and it was very light. The lemon icing on top of the cake was delicious and I could have ate more of just that. While the list of ingredients in the cake weren't completely to my liking, it was a great alternative to me baking a whole lemon cake, and eating more than my fair share of slices. I liked the size of the lemon cakes, because it was enough to give me a few tastes without overdoing it on the sugar or calories. The only thing I wish they would change was add one or two more cakes for the price I paid for it.

Tangy and delicious

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Weight Watchers - Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing:

Weight Watchers Lemon Cake is delicious. This is one dessert worth the calories it contains. I love the spongy texture in this one because it isn't overly dry. This cake also has a not too sweet taste. I love its hint of tanginess that seems to linger. The fondant styled frosting is nice, a little bit more sweet than I normally prefer. The box of 6 cakes are individually wrapped for more convenience and ultimate freshness which, I genuinely appreciate. The cakes don't have very much nutritional value whatsoever. I guess because I like these so much that part doesn't matter as much. The cost of the cakes is a bit higher than I want to pay but, I buy them once in a while. Mainly whenever I can find a good deal or coupon for them. Overall, they are medium quality cakes that taste pretty good.

Good Snack Cakes

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Weight Watchers - Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing:

Weight Watchers lemon cakes are a pretty tasty cake. The cakes come 6 to box and are 80 calories per snack cake. In the center of each cake there is a lemon flavored filling which taste nice.

One thing I dislike about these cakes are, they seem to be a bit on the oily side. When I hold the cake in my hand, my hands become greasy. Also I think the cakes are price way too high being that you only get 6 snack cakes, which are very small in size.

Overall I do like these cakes but I do not buy them very often because of the price.

Admittedly tasty, but don't be fooled

Comments about Weight Watchers - Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing:

I'll admit that I think Weight Watchers Lemon Cake is tasty. The icing in particular is delicious. They taste WAY better than the Weight Watchers Caramel cakes. However I still have to take off a couple of points for that whole "diet food" false advertising technique that annoys me every time. People, these, as well as Snackwells and other "diet" treats are still not super low in calories or carbs, and are just as easy to overeat on as a Little Debbie or Hostess cake.

Lemon Cake without the calories!

from Rosedale, MD

Comments about Weight Watchers - Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing:

A friend of mine recommended that I try the lemon cake. I don't normally like these types of products but this was very good. Just the right size and satisfied my sweet craving!!! Highly recommend it!

Weight Watchers Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing is Great!

from Harrisonburg, VA

Comments about Weight Watchers - Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing:

Being a Weight Watchers member I have tried a number of their endorsed foods and find that I'm usually pleased overall with the taste of the items. The Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing is no exception. The first thing you'll notice is that the portion is very small. It is a reasonable portion size, but based on how American's are used to eating, it looks very small. The cake is a little bit greasy. I'm not sure if that's the right description, but that's the best word I can think. It's not sticky really, but it leaves a film on your fingers. The cake is moist and spongy, but is not the texture of a traditional cake. The icing is good, but is in a flat line and tends to come off as an entire piece if you aren't careful when eating it or when removing it from the wrapper. The lemon flavor of the cake and icing is just right and not at all overpowering. The filling of the cake is creamy and delicious. Overall they're good, but may not really be worth the points.

Great Snack even if you're not on Weight Watchers!

from Carmel, IN

Comments about Weight Watchers - Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing:

I had two little girls, just a little over two years apart. After my first one I tried really hard to loose all the weight, I lost most of it but was not quite happy with the way I looked. And then my husband and I decided to have another one, so I gained all the weight back and then some. After my second daughter, I was very determined to loose all the weight from both pregnancies. And I did just that with the help of things like these Weight Watchers snack size cakes. I have a terrible sweet tooth and part of my trying to loose weight was cutting out junk food and pop. But it is hard to completly cut out everything. That's when I found these and I was so excited. They are the perfect little snack size, just enough to satisfy my craving for something sweet. And when I saw on the box that they were made by Weight Watchers, I was even more excited. I have never been officially on the Weight Watchers program but I know some close family friends that are and so I understand their point system. These little cakes are delecious, come in a variety of flavors, low in fat and calories, and they are reasonable priced!

yummy in this weight watchers tummy

from Stoneville, NC

Comments about Weight Watchers - Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing:

After having kids it was time to get the extra pounds off but I have a sweet tooth so I have always battled this problem. I ran across these and thought I would try them and my are they good! They are small but it satisfies my sweet tooth and makes it so I don't over do it on sweets. It has just the right amount of lemon taste but not overpowering with the lemon. The cake is very moist and sweet but there is not many calories in each one, which is the best thing about this cake. If you follow the weight watchers diet it even tells you how many points it is worth on the box. My kids actually like these cakes too. Sometimes its hard to only eat one they are so good. They are also small and travel well in lunch boxes for the kids or yourself as a snack. Bottom line is for the price these cakes are wonderful and they are very handy when you just need to kill a sweet tooth but not go overboard with calories.

The WW Lemon Cake with icing is pretty darn good

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Weight Watchers - Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing:

I tried the Weight Watchers Lemon cake with lemon icing for the first time at a friend's house after I had gone with her to her weekly weight watcher's meeting.  I tagged along with her because we were going somewhere afterwards, and I was really impressed with them.  I thought the lemon cake was pretty darn good for that kind of "diet" food, and wow, it does not take like a diet food to me at all. The cake itself was very small but I guess you are supposed to be watching what you eat so that makes sense. The problem with it is that it tastes sooo good that you want to eat a bunch of them. I would eat the whole box of them if it were up to me. The icing is really good, not a fake lemon taste that you find quite a bit, and the cake itself is really nice and moist.  It was light enough to be fresh tasting, not a heavy taste. I think I might just have to start buying it for myself even tho I am not in weight watchers!  I just have to dole them out or I will eat them all at once!