3.4
Weight Watchers - Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

Weight Watchers - Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

3.4

Really great

The weight watcher's brand is somewhat amazing. There innovations and ability to keep up with the latest trends never ceases to keep me impressed. Their carrot cake is no exception. I can't say I was too surprised by the taste though. It is consistent with what I expect from them. They were a little bit more firm than I had expected but even so, they were still good. The frosting in particular was impressive. It didn't taste artificial or too sweet. I enjoyed the raisin and nuts but they were very few and far in between. The texture of the carrot cake was firm yet somewhat spongy. The cost of these are a little too high for the actual quality and portion size. I think these carrot cakes should be more affordable than they are so that they can reach a wider customer range but besides the price, these are really tasty small treats. I would buy them again from time to time when I can find a coupon for them. I also feel confident in recommending them to others.

Dry cake with gross icing is not exactly tasty!

After falling in love with the Weight Watchers [Lemon Cake with Lemon Icing][1] , I was excited to try their other flavors.  I went to the commissary and purchased the **Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing**.  Not only is this cake nowhere near as good at the Lemon Cake, this cake is not very good at all!

The Lemon Cake was dense like pound cake, but still moist, and loaded with flavor.  the **Weight Watchers Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing** is dense and not moist and totally lacking a good carrot cake flavor.  I do understand that this is a Weight Watchers cake, so it needs to be lower in fat and calories, but this product shouldn't have left the warehouse without further testing.

The cake has the texture of a cake that you baked and then left it on the counter uncovered for two days.  It's not hard, but it is dried out and *very *healthy tasting.  The cake itself slightly resembles carrot cake if you take flavor and texture out of consideration.  It has cinnamon and flecks of carrot throughout the cake and that's about it.  The so-called "cream cheese icing" is GROSS!  It is hard and chewy, not creamy like real cream cheese icing should be.  It tastes absolutely nothing like cream cheese!

Like the delicious Lemon Cake, the **Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing **is a very tiny cake.  It is smaller than a Twinkie, so don't be surprised when you open the box to find a finger length "cake".

**Nutrition: **90 calories, 3g fat, 110mg sodium, 5mg cholesterol, 12g sugars

**The Scoop!**

I gave this product 2 stars and not one because it *is *a healthy dessert option, and if you don't mind the fact that it tastes nothing like real carrot cake, it could satisfy your craving for something sweet.  I will not purchase this product again, but I might try their Chocolate Cake and I will definitely buy the Lemon Cake again!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Weight-Watchers-Lemon-Cake-with-Lemon-Icing-review-adbe3

Delicious

Comments about Weight Watchers - Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing:

I have rated this item a 9 because while it is delicious, it's nothing compared to a fresh, homemade cheesecake. However, it is one of the best healthy, packaged cheesecakes I've even had. The carrot cheesecake combo was a great idea, it really brings out a different kind of texture, but I feel that the carrot tones down the dairy aspect making this much more digestible than a regular cheesecake. I highly recommend this to folks who can't take dairy well, this product is yummy and easy on the tummy.

Really great

from Syracuse, New York

Expected More

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Weight Watchers - Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing:

I love carrot cake and when I noticed that weight watchers had carrot cake I had to try it. I was disappointed when I tried them. The cakes were very dry, not moist like you would think carrot cake should be. The taste and texture of the cakes left something to be desired.

I won't be buying these again. I am not a fan of weight watchers carrot cakes.

My Kids Steal these!

from Rock Springs, WY

Comments about Weight Watchers - Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing:

My family really likes this treat. It is not big, but it is the right size for a quick snack in the afternoon. The taste is really, really good. I do wonder though if this is a regular calorie snack in a smaller size! It tastes that good. The only way to buy these is with a Weight Watcher Coupon, that makes the price a little bit more affordable.

mediocore

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Weight Watchers - Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing:

i recently purchased weight watchers- carrot cake with cream cheese icing product. The box contains 6 individually wrapped cakes, each being nearly an ounce (27 grams or 0.95 ounces), according to the package. I must admit I could eat all six at one sitting as they are nto very filling, more like a shot glass of carrot cake..Upon opening the box I notice the cakes are incredibly small but still look tasty, although not exactly how they are pictured on the box. The flavor of the carrot cake is very good, in my opinion. It's sweet enough but not too sweet. The icing has a great flavor, but is a bit hard. While the cake does have a good flavor and texture, it's a bit on the dry side. I heated the cake for 6-7 seconds in the microwave and it was still dry but the icing was nice and creamy after that. i hink it needed tht lil bit of heat to enhance the flavors and have the cream cheese just soft enough so that it resembled icing.

delicious treat

from Topeka, KS

Comments about Weight Watchers - Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing:

these are soooo yummy! Great 1 pt treat to help with that sweet tooth. Individual packs make it easy to eat just one and convenient to take along with you.  I like to take these places where there will be lots of treats so that I know what I am eating and have my own healthy treat to eat.

Good snack option

from Mount Pleasant, SC

Comments about Weight Watchers - Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing:

I thought these cakes were fairly decent for being a Weight Watchers product. I sort of assumed that a low point value snack cake would be completely gross, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was not so pleasantly surprised by the price. These things are pretty pricey for snack cakes, but sometimes you can find coupons, and they do go on sale. So hold out for the coupon plus the sale, and it brings it to a much more reasonable price. I liked these as snacks when I was actually doing Weight Watchers. I think a lot of that had to do with the convenience of having the point value printed right on the box. After I hit my goal weight, though, I dropped the program because I didn't want to keep spending the money, and I also did not continue buying Weight Watchers brand snack cakes. The cost of them when they aren't on sale and you don't have a coupon was just more than I was willing to pay when all I needed was to maintain my weight. I got bumbed to a high number of allowable points in a day, so I used them on more affordable snacks.

Yummy!

from Long Beach, CA

Comments about Weight Watchers - Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing:

This is a great little product that hits the spot when you need a little snack that has a bit of decadence attached to it. I am a WW member and I use this product to stave off cravings for the real fattening stuff while remaining in my point allotment for the day. Even if you are not a WW member, this product will allow you to eat a couple bites of something that actually tastes like carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Don't mistake it for the Cheesecake Factory or Marie Calledars version, but if you have a hankering for carrot cake without it all going to your thighs, this is the product for you!

Dry and weird sugar taste

from South Burlington, VT

These were horrible.

I thought these might be a good treat for the fall because I enjoy carrot cake.  And I so miss cream cheese now that I'm weight watchers so I envisioned that delicious cream cheese topping and thought this would be just the right fall treat for my evenings.  But the cream cheese does not taste right at all.  It tastes like some weird diet food.  And the carrot cake was very very dry.  It really is not a satisfying treat.

I would much prefer to spend my points on a spoonful of cream cheese than on one of these cakey items.  There are also a number of recipes online that I would rather spend an hour making.  You can save money and points and eat something which tastes more real than this.  This just has such a manufactured, dry taste to it which I find so disappointing.

The finale to this story is a bit different.  I gave these to my mother in law in hopes she would find them edible.  She says if you nuke them in the microwave for 10 seconds in a paper towel that they get a little moisture back.  I didn't have the heart to try but advise you to do so if you purchase these and find them as disgusting as I did.

Good, but highly priced

from Vinton, VA

Comments about Weight Watchers - Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing:

I bought these at Wal-Mart recently, and they are pretty good.  I still haven't decided if I would buy them again.  They have plenty of fiber.  The icing is sticky and creamy (yum, yum!), and the carrot cake does have little bits of carrot that you can see.  Also, it's pretty good on the spices in the cake itself.  My problem was, they were so tiny!  I was disappointed, particularly after the giant fudge bars and Smart Ones have exceeded my expectations for portions.  The price is pretty high for what you get.  And since they are so small, I ended up eating three just on the way home.  Of course, they are just one point each.  I think I'd rather they were larger and worth two points.  They are individually wrapped, so it's quite easy to just throw one in the lunch box for a dessert.  They don't have any odd aftertaste, but I had one that tasted oddly bitter and threw it away.  The rest were excellent though, just very expensive.