Other Lawn Mowers:

Weed Eater 22" Side Discharge Mulching Push Mower

Pros

Cons

• Engine Power:

I'm hard on mowers it lasted well.

Weed eater brand lawn mower 22 inch cut 3.5 HP brigs and straton engine big rear wheels for easier mobility, walk behind push , Pull cord to starteasy,has push bulb primer on carburetor,starts easy as long as the maintenance is accomplished regular.Magnetos needs to be kept dry,change spark plug each year change oil as needed depends on how much it is used don't let the oil get to dirty,keep the blade sharp and clean some grasses will dull a blade quite fast

weed eater is a low quality product,made cheap w/poor performanc

Weed eater is a poor quality tool. for larger areas it does not work well. the string discharge tangles easily, and it is hard to start needing to be pulled repeatedly,as well as low quality parts needing repaired often.

Nice little mower

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Weed Eater 22" Side Discharge Mulching Push Mower:

After my husband ran our other mower over a tree root and messed up the blades, I wanted to get a cheap little mower in case he did it again. This was a cheap little mower but for a little mower it does a great job. It does what its suppose to do, cut the grass. It also mulches which came in handy for fall and leaf season.

Handling
My yard has lots of trees so there are a lot of tree roots that pop up. There are also a lot of leaves in the fall and my lawn has moles that tunnel under ground making small mounds that pop up everywhere. So basically there are a lot of hazards in my yard and this mower can handle everything that comes in its path.

Safety
A lawn mower is safe if you use it properly. So yes it is safe.

Once I was shown how to do it I was able to get it going. I am stupid when it comes to lawn mowers anyway so I have to visually see how to do it.

Engine Power
For a little mower it is powerful. We have almost an acre and it does the whole yard no problem.

Good Mower

Comments about Weed Eater 22" Side Discharge Mulching Push Mower:

I'd been looking for a mower that was moderately prices, yet could get the job done for my yard. I have a small front yard that only takes about 20 or 30 good minutes to cut, but my back yard is much larger. I found the Weed Eater 22" mower to be more than adequate for my needs. It has a lot of power and an ease of use so I was able to knock out my front yard in record time. Because my back yard can get weedy and has thicker grass, I was especially pleased because the Weed Eater really has great power to cut through the thick grass without a lot of problems. I would recommend the mower for smaller to medium sized laws. It is durable but will stay in good shape with good maintenance and care.

Great power and performance.

Handling
Handling was great, what you'd expect from a smaller mower.

Needs care and maintenance to be sure that it lasts.

I found it incredibly easy to use and got the job done for my needs.

Tough little mower!

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Weed Eater 22" Side Discharge Mulching Push Mower:

This is one tough little push mower! Our back yard has bamboo growing around the perimeter and the bamboo shoots begin growing in the middle of our yard. When they get long, we cut them with hedge trimmers, but when they are first coming up out of the ground, we have to mow over them. This mower mows right over top of them and just keeps going. I was shocked by how easy it was to handle and how much power it had.

Handling
Super easy to handle. I have had other push mowers that have had more power and have been easier to push, but this one holds it's own in our hilly back yard. I have no complaints.

Years of mowing over bamboo shoots and it still runs great.

Very easy to use. We have a steep hill in our front yard and this mower is lighter than other push mowers I have used in the past, so that makes it much easier to push up and down the hill.

Engine Power
You can tell right off the bat that this mowers engine has some power. I have had no issues with the engine and it still runs great.

• Engine Power:

Great mower, great brand!

from Reading, PA

Comments about Weed Eater 22" Side Discharge Mulching Push Mower:

Of the four or five mowers we have owned, this one has been of the greatest quality! The lawnmower is very easy to handle and makes it easy to either increase or lower the speed. It's a very durable lawnmower and has held up well with all of the moving on our bumpy and hilly yard! We haven't had any problems as far as having to maintain it! It's definitely been the quietest lawnmower we have owned! It's got great engine power but is surprisingly quiet! Safety was also a big key for me while searching for while we searched for a mower since we have small children. I don't have any safety concerns with this lawnmower whatsoever! The mower does a great job on the lawn - it cuts the grass well and moves well on hilly and bumpy lawns! I would highly suggest this mower - John Deere is a great quality brand that I feel can certainly be trusted! I will definitely purchase another John Deere mower in the future if the need arises - I have been very pleased with their product!

Great little mower

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Weed Eater 22" Side Discharge Mulching Push Mower:

I bought this mower this season (2011) worked fantastic right out of the box. Put the oil in, put the gas in, prime it, it started right up and off to mow I went. Lightweight, easy to push. Haven't had any issues with it as of yet. I keep it cleaned, in my garage. Ill have it tuned it up serviced yearly to keep it in like new order so I plan to get several great years out of this little cheap mower. Also mine starts usually on the first pull, and its an easy pull, not like the lawnmowers I remember as a kid!

Does everything I ask it...including mowing over trees!

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Weed Eater 22" Side Discharge Mulching Push Mower:

This weed eater lawn mower 22 is a beast. Simple as that. It is what I would call the closest thing to a city bushhog! My yard has a bunch of little trees that pop up all over the yard from a tree we cut down but didn't kill the root system, and this machine handles them easily, even when I've let them get too tall. It never dies. Starts on the second or third pull, even for the first of spring starting! And I am the second owner of this mower! It is easy to clean, and gets the job done. I just sharpened the blade for the first time since it was bought brand new 2 years ago and only because it looked like it needed sharpened, not because of performance. You want a mower with a heart? This is it. Easy to use, super easy to maintain. Just add gas and go. I have not changed the oil yet so the jury is still out on that.  It is easy to push, very inexpensive for what you get, easy to buy, they sell it even at Walmart!

Weed Eater 22" Mower

from Marietta, PA

Comments about Weed Eater 22" Side Discharge Mulching Push Mower:

The Weed Eater 22" mower is a good basic mower. This is a no-frills mower that will faithfully putt along as you cut your lawn.

The briggs and stratton engine has plenty of power for when I have let the weeds get too long behind the back fence. I like the primer on the carburator, it makes for easy starts. I do, however, wish I could set the trottle, as somtimes I don't need the power setting it is always at.

Maintenece is easy, change the 1/2 quart of oil each spring, clean and gap the spark plug, sharpen the blade, and you are off to keep up with the Jones' and thier yard.

I would recommend taking the carb off and cleaning the fuel compeletely out of it each fall. There is a fine screen on the intake tube that tends to get clogged very easily. Varnished gas and bits of dirt will clog it for sure, making it sputter or not start at all.

The deck seems decent, nothing spectaular or bad about it. For the price this is a nice, simple mower that will last as long as you take care of it.

It's awesome

from Madison Heights, VA

Comments about Weed Eater 22" Side Discharge Mulching Push Mower:

I used to own one well my husband did it worked for 10 yrs and it just died on us so we tried looking for the same brand and everything and nobody sells em anymore around here but it a great mower its self prowel which is great going up hills its just did an amazing job instead of cutting for 3 hours in the yard we did it under 2 hrs so i would recommend using a weed eater lawn mower it cuts through hay grass like it is nothing see i live near 5 farms and hay grows in my yard and not regular grass so i recommend this lawn mower for that type of grass

A light weight, powerful mower

from Paducah, KY

Comments about Weed Eater 22" Side Discharge Mulching Push Mower:

I find this mower light enough to easily push on sloped areas and still get the job done with ease. The mower runs quiet and the price was great when comparing it with other mowers of the same size. The mower is a good size for a small yard and is easily manuvered in close places when mowing around flower beds and posts.

weed eater is a low quality product,made cheap w/poor performanc