3.6
Weed Eater
Weed Eater 20" 300 Series Side Discharge Push Mower

Weed Eater 20" 300 Series Side Discharge Push Mower

3.6

This works alright but it seems to take forever to start.

from West Virginia

Comments about Weed Eater 20" 300 Series Side Discharge Push Mower:

I bought one of these used and refurbished with a warranty and figured it would be worth the price savings. It definitely has proved to be an okay lawnmower. There are several features about this I like and several that I do not.

I like that this mower has a couple different wheel settings so I can get a cut that is close, medium, or somewhat high depending on my needs and the particular season.

I also like the pull start on this because it is so simple and easy to pull.

The third aspect I like is the ease of fueling this mower. One of my previous mowers was almost impossible to fuel without spilling gasoline because of the positioning of the opening for gas.

Finally, I like how easy this is to clean. I can just spray it out with the hose after I finish the lawn and all the clippings seem to come right off.

A few aspects about the mower I didn't like is that it takes a while to start. The cord is easy to pull but even when I prime it, it can take half a dozen pulls for it to catch. I'm unsure if this is unique to the used one I purchased or not.

A second thing I dislike is the side blower. The side blower pops off the mower at even the slightest bumps in the road. I can accidentally hit my porch or something in the yard and the blower pops right off.

Finally, the wheels are hard to remove and adjust by myself. I almost certainly have to have my boyfriend or neighbor help because I can't seem to get the bolts undone without a second pair of hands.

As far as cutting the grass, this is self-propelled but you still have to push. My lawn is fairly easy, however, on the steep grades, I always have to walk backwards and pull the mower instead of push it because I can't push it on the gradients.

It is self propelled but going up hill can be torture if you're like me with very little upper body strength.

Handling
It handles well enough on level land. I don't have issues with it unless I'm on a steep grade.

There are few things I think make this not as durable as it could be. The starter can take forever to get it to take off, the wheels are a pain to move up and down, and the blade seems to bend on a dime. Additionally, the blower pops off frequently.

Safety
It seems safe enough for adults but I wouldn't recommend for children. It's hard to push or pull uphill.

It's easy to start up but it's hard to pull if you don't have a level yard. If you have a nice, flat yard, this mower works great.

Engine Power
On flat surfaces, this does great. If I'm on a hill, I have to use all my weight. It is self propelled to an extent but it is hard for a small woman like myself to pull and push on an incline.

• Handling:
  • Safety:
  • Engine Power:

It been a good mower

Bought new in 2009 and still runs great

Cuts good but bogs down in tall grass jus don't let it get to tall

Handling
Easy to push but not in tall grass

I've taken very good care of it and it still works like the day I brought it home

Safety
It stops as soon as you let off of the safety lever

It's so easy the kids don't mind using it

Engine Power
It could use a little more power but I'm not complaining

• Handling:
  • Safety:
  • Engine Power:

Good mower for an underdog company

from Skowhegan, ME

Comments about Weed Eater 20" 300 Series Side Discharge Push Mower:

I like the weed eater mower, its pretty dependable. mine has a small cc and has taken more of a beaten than it should have but it still works so if you ask me it has durability. It isn't hard to push at all, the mower I have is like pushing a kid wagon, EASY. Weedeater is an underdog but it has potential to be a great mower and I think if you give it a chance it will last.

This is a GREAT product - after you figure out the glitch

from Quincy, FL

Comments about Weed Eater 20" 300 Series Side Discharge Push Mower:

I got this product last summer , and after it puttered out on the second go around - I thought it was junk. But, then my neighbor came over and took a look at it, and he fixed it by unscrewing the right bolt that holds the air filter unit, he declogged / washed the airfilter and then refilled the little cup next to the startup red button with gas. Press it a couple of times - make sure the starter has enough gas. Works like a charm every time, and with that - it has been a reliable and great mower.

This mower practically mows on its own!

from Bluffton, IN

Comments about Weed Eater 20" 300 Series Side Discharge Push Mower:

I bought this mower for my husband as an early Fathers Day gift. He recently got hurt and I have health issues. I was able to mow my lawn front to back with no problems. This mower is so easy to handle and runs great on gas also. I have already talked my parents into buying the same exact one next week. I originally bought this mower because it was cheaper than the rest, I would buy this mower now even if it were more expensive than the rest.

weed eater push mower dont buy cause its cheep

from Cave Junction, OR

Comments about Weed Eater 20" 300 Series Side Discharge Push Mower:

i got the weed eater push mower last year cause it was on sale if i would have known it was a push mower i never would have got it they r hard to push my son hit one rock with it and bent the blade and the flap on the back fell off  just save a little more money and get a better one

Piece of Junk!!!

from Ashland, KY

Comments about Weed Eater 20" 300 Series Side Discharge Push Mower:

I am reviewing the Weed Eater Pushmower which was purchased at Walmart.  This lawnmower has given me nothing but trouble since I've had it.  No wonder, they are kept outside until someone purchases them.  The return policy is horrid.  If return is after 30 days, the mower is sent out for someone to fix.  The fix is only temporary.  Don't purchase!