Other Grills:
Charcoal Grills
Weber
Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill

Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill

Pros

• Portable (19)
  • Easy assembly (16)
  • Durable (15)
  • Easy to clean (14)
  • Craftsmanship (10)

Cons

• Small grilling space (7)

• For self/couple (19)
  • Small gatherings (19)
  • Portable use (15)
  • Great searing (7)
  • Large gatherings (5)
    • Versatility:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Grilling enthusiast (12), Occasional griller (10)
    • I Am A:
    • Family young kids (9), Family older kids (4), Couple no kids (3)

From the simple to the sophisticated this Weber does it all!

Growing up I can remember when my father got his first Weber Grill. He finally decided that the built in gas grill had seen better days, so he got a Weber, a grill he still uses 30 plus years later.

The Weber One Touch Silver is a classic. The iconic round shape, the black enamel coated surface, the two levels of grates, one to hold the charcoal and one to cook on, the round air vent. It is as recognisable as an airstream trailer and just as stylish.

The One Touch Silver comes in a range of sizes from portable to large and keep it in place. In addition it does not rust, has all terrain wheels and is hardy enough to withstand the Michigan winters I have put my through since moving to Michigan.

This grill features a dome top that can be use to help control the air flow, thus help with cooking speed, it has a large saucer to catch the ash. The bottom dome has the same type of sliding opening as the top of the dome for letting out ashes, or letting in air to stoke the fire.

It is a design that does not need to be improved upon, and if you are looking to cook with charcoal it is the only way to go.

Don't buy grills you have to put together!

I recently purchased a Weber charcoal grill. My last grill was a gas grill which I don't like very much but used it anyway. Well the gas grill was having problems so I decided to buy a small inexpensive charcoal grill. I purchased the Weber grill which came in a medium size pretty flat box so it obviously had to be put together. The directions were straight forward but I'm thinking you have to be machanically inclided because there were about 100 screws and nuts but I plodded on and finally got it assembled. I couldn't get the lid put together properly but it was standing tall and I decided to leave it with many extra parts still on the table.

I was able to cook chicken on the grill without any issues. The charcoal seemed to heat and stay hot so the air flow was good.

Versatility
I cooked a few different things on this grill and everything turned out ok.

As a woman I'm pretty sure we don't grill as well as most men and I was able to figure out what to do with the grill.

I'm not sure if it was because this is a brand new grill but I had no problems cleaning it. It was quite simple and not as messy as I thought it would be.

So far so good. I haven't had it long enough to really say but so far there are no rust spots or problems with the grill.

I'm not liking the fact that you have to assemble so much. Then the stability of the product is based on how well you as an individual can assemble a product.

Probably wouldnt buy again

from Portland Oregon

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy Assembly
  • Easy To Clean
  • Portable

Cons

• Poor Venting
  • Small grilling space
  • Unstable

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

The portability part of this is awesome! Just a little too small

Pretty decent charcoal grill

from Gloversville NY

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy Assembly
  • Easy To Clean
  • Portable

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

This is a pretty decent grill for being charcoal, I prefer gas biit this is easy to bring along for camping and cookout if you have a big vehicle. This grill is a pretty big grill and is sturdy, the only thing is it tends cook hot and reaching hands over it to turn the food can be tricky.

• Family Older Kids

Nice Grill

from Madison, WI

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Durable
      • Easy Assembly
      • Portable

Cons

• Uneven Cooking

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

This is a nice and convenient grill. Easy to use and is pretty sturdy. Installation was very easy to complete and quick. We have been using it all summer with no issues. Creates decent heating, though not entirely even. Easy to maintain and is very portable, weighing in about 15 - 20 pounds.

I would buy this again

from Saginaw Texas

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Craftsmanship
      • Durable
      • Easy Assembly
      • Easy To Clean
      • Portable

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

Bought this grill when moved to Texas didn't think I was going I like it but I was surprised I really do like it. My husband likes to grill hamburgers and hotdogs not bad better then propain. Leaves the food with a good flavor different I like it

Best Grill

from Lansing KS

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Craftsmanship
        • Durable
        • Easy Assembly
        • Easy To Clean

Cons

• Small grilling space

• Great Searing
        • Large Gatherings

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

I love this grill. Have had it for 15 years so dont question the durability on a Weber. Plus it grills the food evenly.

• Single Female

Cannot go wrong with a Weber

from North Baltimore, OH

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Easy Assembly
        • Easy To Clean
        • Portable

Cons

• Small grilling space
        • Unstable

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

I love Weber grills! I recently bought this one because it was time to get rid of my older, propane one. I didn't want to spend too much money, since I don't grill as much as I would like to. This works perfectly for my little family, and my less than frequent grilling days. I highly recommend to anyone looking to not spend a fortune on a grill.

I would highly recomend

from Ocala fl

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Durable
        • Easy Assembly
        • Easy To Clean
        • Portable

Cons

• Poor Venting

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

Absolutely incredibly useful! I would hifhly recommend this grill to anyoke who travels alot on their motorvehicle or jusy simply somepme who needs a quick clean up grill ... Quick cook top and smoke ventilation

• Couple No Kids

Portable and easy to use!!

from Waco, Tx

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Durable
        • Easy Assembly
        • Easy To Clean
        • Portable

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

This is a great grill that gets the job done and perfect when you decide to go camping last minute.

Easiest Bar-B-Q ever

from montreal quebec

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Craftsmanship
          • Durable
          • Easy Assembly
          • Easy To Clean
          • Portable

• Large Gatherings

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

I am a single mom with a twenty year old son. I work seven days a week and my son works full time and goes to school full time. It is hard enough to find time for grocery shopping let alone cooking up great meals night after night. During the spring summer and fall I do my best to bar-b-q everything I can. I do not like gas bar-b-q's for a few reasons. The cost of the fuel, the taste it gives the food and most of all, my fear of the canister exploding in my face. I am much more comfortable with an ordinary bar-b-q. But this is the very best ordinary bar-b-q you can find. It is easy to set up. Solidly built and they last for many years with the least amount of maintenance. I find that there is more than enough grilling space for everything I need to cook. I can control the cook time with the lid. It has nice vent holes that allow me to control the amount of smoke and heat. It is a quick clean up once it has cooled off. I put my lid on with the vent holes closed and soon after it's all done. I love my bar-b-q and I am sure you will also.

Easy to move around

from Rhode Island

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Durable
            • Easy Assembly
            • Easy To Clean
            • Portable

• Indirect Cooking

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

This grill is perfect for small gathering. It was easy to assemble. Not to big or to small. The food cooked evenly as I love to cook with charcoal. I like the flavoring of the food and it cooked all the,way thru. The grill did not take up to much space as I live in smaller area.

• Single Female