Other Grills:
Charcoal Grills
Weber
Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill

Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill

Pros

• Cooks efficiently (4)
  • Portable (3)

• Small gatherings (4)
  • For self/couple (3)
    • Versatility:

From the simple to the sophisticated this Weber does it all!

Growing up I can remember when my father got his first Weber Grill. He finally decided that the built in gas grill had seen better days, so he got a Weber, a grill he still uses 30 plus years later.

The Weber One Touch Silver is a classic. The iconic round shape, the black enamel coated surface, the two levels of grates, one to hold the charcoal and one to cook on, the round air vent. It is as recognisable as an airstream trailer and just as stylish.

The One Touch Silver comes in a range of sizes from portable to large and keep it in place. In addition it does not rust, has all terrain wheels and is hardy enough to withstand the Michigan winters I have put my through since moving to Michigan.

This grill features a dome top that can be use to help control the air flow, thus help with cooking speed, it has a large saucer to catch the ash. The bottom dome has the same type of sliding opening as the top of the dome for letting out ashes, or letting in air to stoke the fire.

It is a design that does not need to be improved upon, and if you are looking to cook with charcoal it is the only way to go.

Don't buy grills you have to put together!

I recently purchased a Weber charcoal grill. My last grill was a gas grill which I don't like very much but used it anyway. Well the gas grill was having problems so I decided to buy a small inexpensive charcoal grill. I purchased the Weber grill which came in a medium size pretty flat box so it obviously had to be put together. The directions were straight forward but I'm thinking you have to be machanically inclided because there were about 100 screws and nuts but I plodded on and finally got it assembled. I couldn't get the lid put together properly but it was standing tall and I decided to leave it with many extra parts still on the table.

I was able to cook chicken on the grill without any issues. The charcoal seemed to heat and stay hot so the air flow was good.

Versatility
I cooked a few different things on this grill and everything turned out ok.

As a woman I'm pretty sure we don't grill as well as most men and I was able to figure out what to do with the grill.

I'm not sure if it was because this is a brand new grill but I had no problems cleaning it. It was quite simple and not as messy as I thought it would be.

So far so good. I haven't had it long enough to really say but so far there are no rust spots or problems with the grill.

I'm not liking the fact that you have to assemble so much. Then the stability of the product is based on how well you as an individual can assemble a product.

Very pleased with this product

from Jacksonville, Florida

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Cooks Efficiently
  • Portable

Cons

• Takes Long To Light

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

We received this Weber charcoal grill as a gift about 2 years ago. Prior to this we had only owned gas grills, so this was our first charcoal grill. I personally like the convenience of a gas grill a little better as it lights and heats up much faster. However, this grill does the job and gives your food a true grill taste! Ours stays on the back porch, protected from the weather by only a grill cover (which is basically a tarp). It looks practically brand new, so I would definitely have to say it is a product made of excellent quality. It is simple to use, cleans up easily, and does not take up a lot of space. It's perfect for grilling a meal whether its just a couple of people eating or a neighborhood barbeque! It may seem a little pricey for just a basic charcoal grill, but I feel like the price is excellent given the quality of this product! I am now a fan of charcoal grills and especially Weber! I would definitely purchase this product on my own or give it as a gift!

I love this grill

from Connecticut

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Cooks Efficiently
  • Large Grilling Surface
  • Portable

Cons

• Messy Cleanup

• Great Searing
  • Indirect Cooking
  • Portable Use

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

We love to charcoal grill. This was the perfect size for our family of four adults. The assembly was not very difficult. It is just the right size to tuck in a small area of your yard. I would buy it again.

I would recommend this product to anyone

from Adamsville,tn

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Cooks Efficiently
  • Cost efficient
  • Large Grilling Surface
  • Portable
  • Space-saver

Cons

• Messy Cleanup

• Great Searing
  • Portable Use

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

We needed a grill on a small budget but that would actually hold up and grill really well. This grill exceeded our expectations. It's very durable and cooks great. The only con I can think of off hand is that it would be difficult to cook for a big party if you planned on wanting everything done at the same time.

Good charcoal grill

from Cleveland, OH

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Adds Flavor To Meal
  • Cooks Efficiently

Cons

• Small Grilling Surface

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

I love the taste of food that comes off of a charcoal grill. The only down side is waiting for the charcoal to heat up and cleaning up afterward. I have a gas grill but I have always like the taste of charcoal cooked food. I got this charcoal grill for the days where I have plenty of time to just cook and hang out at the house. I got this because it was some what inexpensive and because I just wanted something small but big enough to cook for my four person family. You can easily fit about six to eight burgers at one time and some hot dogs. You can fit about four to six steaks depending on the size. It takes longer for the charcoal to heat up but sometimes its worth the wait for the taste. Clean up afterwards can get a little messy. The grill part I just clean off with a scrub brush and scoop the ashes out. I do not use it all the time but when I do I am glad I purchased it.

Easy to use grill

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

This grill is great for small cooking jobs, convenient to store and easy to clean. Very easy to use and is helpful when cooking the right amount of meat or chicken so there is little chance to burn unless completely left unattended. The wheels are placed in a way so that its very easy to store and keep out of the way when not in use for a long period of time.

Love Weber

from Arkansas

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

I grew up with my dad using Weber grills. So, when I got engaged to my now-husband, I gave him a Weber grill for Valentine's Day. He's the kind of guy that likes to get grills for holidays about love. Grills are his love language. He has three.

We had our Weber grill on the balcony of our apartment and ate off of it many nights. I love it in conjuntion with the charcoal starter. No lighter fluid needed. We both lost tons of weight eating this way, because, if you do it with no butter and oil, and good sides, you are adding no fat to your dishes. It is a very easy way of sticking to a lower carb program and still eating like a king.

I will say, that this size grill (18 inches) has its downsides. We wanted to start doing "beer butt" chickens where you stand the chicken up and that is not possible with this grill. So, a few years into our marriage, it was time for my husband's first father's day and what did I get? A bigger Weber grill. They have a 24 inch one that is perfect for this.

We currently have a gas grill, an Orion cooking, and a Weber grill. The gas is quicker, the Orion is good for lots of meet and a smokey taste, but the Weber grill provides the best food outcome.

• Versatility:

This is a simple and great grill!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

I bought this grill for my husband this year after reading many reviews for it. It turned out to be a great grill for our backyard. I was looking for something medium sized to cook for our family and it was bigger than I thought it would be. I liked that because when we would have other family and friends over I could fit enough stuff on it to eat. It is still a good size to fit into smaller spaces as well. It is very sturdy for the price and has held up well for us so far. I have enjoyed it. For some reason I just like the charcoal grills over the gas grills. It just leaves a little bit of a different taste on the meat. This is a great grill. I would recommend it to others. It is easy to use and makes meats taste great! I also like the little dish under it to catch the ashes. I will continue to use this one.

It does everything it needs to do to have great tasting meats. It was easy to use and put together.

Versatility
It is easy to move around and store. You can also buy covers for a cheap price that fit right over it.

This is very easy to use.

It's pretty easy to clean. Just get a brush to scrape off what is left on the rack.

It is nice and sturdy. It holds up well.

I like that it is still a big grill, but fits in smaller spaces.

Great little grill

from Norfolk, VA

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

I wasn't really sure about this grill when my husband picked it out at lowes. At first glance it looks small, however the price is fairly affordable. It didn't take too long for my husband to put it together. The size is great if your limited on space for a grill. Due to it's size it makes it easy for anyone of any size to move it around. You can fit a fairly good size of food on it which is great for smaller families. It's removable racks make it easy to clean. The only thing I do not like about it is the tray underneath to catch all the ash. Every time we go to empty the ash it ends up spilling every where because the tray is small. We end up having to pick up up and dumping it in a trash back, which ends up being a 2 person job. We've had the grill almost 2 years now and this past winter we left it on the porch rather than the shed so we could utilize it without having to walk through all the snow. Spending one season outside on a covered porch it did rust a little on the outside but not much. The racks however were covered in rust even though the lid was kept on. I've learned recently they do make covers for these small grills so I do suggest investing in one. Other than that I really do not have anything bad to say about it. It cooks well, takes up minimal space, and is affordable!

BBQ Fun & Success

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

For the price, there isn't a better grill for your money. I have owned this model for about a year, and it has provided me with many great meals. The grill is lightweight, durable and strong, and it holds large amounts of food, perfect for larger groups, which I find myself having over frequently. The back rollers on the grill makes it super easy to move it any time that you need to move.
This grill provides even cooking temperatures all over the grill so all of your food comes out ready at the same time.

This grill lives up to my standards time and time again. It provides even and thorough heating of the foods, and they're ready in no time at all.

Versatility
The grill is versatile in that you can prepare a wide variety of foods with it.

It is just like any other charcoal grill that you would use, but thanks to its durability, using it is even easier.

No problem at all keeping the grill cleaned.

This is my second season using the grill and I have had zero problems, and no specualtion that anything is going to happen.

Traditional charcoal grill design

Great for Groups

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

I love my Weber grills and always try to stick to their brand whenever possible when purchasing a new grill. When it was time to purchase a larger grill to use for hosting picnics and such I picked up this version and fell in love.

I love charcoal grilling and this model makes it super simple. I just dump in the charcoal, get it started, and let it heat up while I finish prepping the food.

This is super easy to use since it's on wheels. Those wheels are amazing. Seriously, they make moving the grill around infinitely easier, especially when you discover midway through the process that you're now suddenly in the sun and not the shade as you were before. they're also great for storage as it makes wheeling the grill in and out of the garage so much easier.

The grill has plenty of space for burgers and/or hot dogs for a group. It can do quite a few steaks at a time as well.

For great charcoal grilling this is an excellent option.