Other Grills:
Charcoal Grills
Weber
Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill

Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill

Pros

• Portable (13)
  • Durable (10)
  • Easy assembly (9)
  • Craftsmanship (8)
  • Easy to clean (8)

Cons

• Small grilling space (4)

• Small gatherings (17)
  • For self/couple (14)
  • Portable use (11)
  • Great searing (6)
  • Indirect cooking (4)
    • Versatility:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Grilling enthusiast (9), Occasional griller (6)
    • I Am A:
    • Family young kids (5), Family older kids (3)

From the simple to the sophisticated this Weber does it all!

Growing up I can remember when my father got his first Weber Grill. He finally decided that the built in gas grill had seen better days, so he got a Weber, a grill he still uses 30 plus years later.

The Weber One Touch Silver is a classic. The iconic round shape, the black enamel coated surface, the two levels of grates, one to hold the charcoal and one to cook on, the round air vent. It is as recognisable as an airstream trailer and just as stylish.

The One Touch Silver comes in a range of sizes from portable to large and keep it in place. In addition it does not rust, has all terrain wheels and is hardy enough to withstand the Michigan winters I have put my through since moving to Michigan.

This grill features a dome top that can be use to help control the air flow, thus help with cooking speed, it has a large saucer to catch the ash. The bottom dome has the same type of sliding opening as the top of the dome for letting out ashes, or letting in air to stoke the fire.

It is a design that does not need to be improved upon, and if you are looking to cook with charcoal it is the only way to go.

Don't buy grills you have to put together!

I recently purchased a Weber charcoal grill. My last grill was a gas grill which I don't like very much but used it anyway. Well the gas grill was having problems so I decided to buy a small inexpensive charcoal grill. I purchased the Weber grill which came in a medium size pretty flat box so it obviously had to be put together. The directions were straight forward but I'm thinking you have to be machanically inclided because there were about 100 screws and nuts but I plodded on and finally got it assembled. I couldn't get the lid put together properly but it was standing tall and I decided to leave it with many extra parts still on the table.

I was able to cook chicken on the grill without any issues. The charcoal seemed to heat and stay hot so the air flow was good.

Versatility
I cooked a few different things on this grill and everything turned out ok.

As a woman I'm pretty sure we don't grill as well as most men and I was able to figure out what to do with the grill.

I'm not sure if it was because this is a brand new grill but I had no problems cleaning it. It was quite simple and not as messy as I thought it would be.

So far so good. I haven't had it long enough to really say but so far there are no rust spots or problems with the grill.

I'm not liking the fact that you have to assemble so much. Then the stability of the product is based on how well you as an individual can assemble a product.

Portable and easy to use!!

from Waco, Tx

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy Assembly
  • Easy To Clean
  • Portable

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

This is a great grill that gets the job done and perfect when you decide to go camping last minute.

Easiest Bar-B-Q ever

from montreal quebec

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Craftsmanship
    • Durable
    • Easy Assembly
    • Easy To Clean
    • Portable

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

I am a single mom with a twenty year old son. I work seven days a week and my son works full time and goes to school full time. It is hard enough to find time for grocery shopping let alone cooking up great meals night after night. During the spring summer and fall I do my best to bar-b-q everything I can. I do not like gas bar-b-q's for a few reasons. The cost of the fuel, the taste it gives the food and most of all, my fear of the canister exploding in my face. I am much more comfortable with an ordinary bar-b-q. But this is the very best ordinary bar-b-q you can find. It is easy to set up. Solidly built and they last for many years with the least amount of maintenance. I find that there is more than enough grilling space for everything I need to cook. I can control the cook time with the lid. It has nice vent holes that allow me to control the amount of smoke and heat. It is a quick clean up once it has cooled off. I put my lid on with the vent holes closed and soon after it's all done. I love my bar-b-q and I am sure you will also.

Easy to move around

from Rhode Island

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Durable
      • Easy Assembly
      • Easy To Clean
      • Portable

• Indirect Cooking

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

This grill is perfect for small gathering. It was easy to assemble. Not to big or to small. The food cooked evenly as I love to cook with charcoal. I like the flavoring of the food and it cooked all the,way thru. The grill did not take up to much space as I live in smaller area.

• Single Female

I would buy this again!

from Roseville mi.

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Craftsmanship
        • Durable

• Great Searing

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

Love to bbq and love Webber grills ..very stable long lasting..i use it in all seasons as I love to bbq .I cook all kinds of meats!

Classic Design

from Greenville MO

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Craftsmanship
          • Durable
          • Easy Assembly
          • Easy To Clean
          • Portable

Cons

• Small grilling space

• Great Searing
          • Indirect Cooking

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

We really like our grilling, especially with the upcoming weather of Srping and Summer! We have a couple grills for different purposes. This one we mainly use for our immediate household, or when we're having a handful of extra people over. It's also handy for when it's too hot indoors, you can grill outside without overheating your kitchen needlessly. I've always loved the look of these grills in particular, it's a classic design that's instantly recognizable as fun times outdoors. I come from a huge bbq family, so it brings back the memories! I like the charcoal grilling, because it tends to cook more evenly in my opinion, especially for those who like the char broil taste too. The grill is bigger than it seems too, and you can cook in the coals when desired too. You can also do aluminum foil packs with veggies, meat, etc. inside to steam your food. This is pretty sturdy, and also rolls, so it's portable, which is essential to avoid the heat or when taking camping or to the river. I would, and have recommend this to my family & friends!

• Family Older Kids

Given of the best grill time and time again

from Florence, Sc

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Craftsmanship
          • Durable
          • Easy Assembly
          • Portable

Cons

• Small grilling space

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

We have several grills from this brand. However, time and time again this is the grill we come back to. When your wanting the grill without a lot of work but can quickly cooks then this is the grill for you. Even maybe an everyday burger at lunch is quick on this grill. Cleanup is also easy. For the quickness clean i just wash it in the sink with some dawn and rinse it with hot water making it a breeze. Its something that is timeless and a grill that will be used time and time again.

• Couple No Kids

My all time favorite grill

from Hampton cove al

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Craftsmanship
          • Durable
          • Easy Assembly
          • Easy To Clean
          • Multi-Fuel enabled

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

My husband is a gas grill kind of man, but I have always preferred a charcoal grill, especially this model. The size of it makes it perfect to cook for just myself when I was single, or few friends. Ease of starting, just by lifting the easy to lift lid and grill. I've made everything from smoked while chicken, to fish, steak and veggies. The flavor is like none other.

• Couple No Kids

Love my Weber

from Springfield Illinois

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Craftsmanship
            • Durable
            • Easy Assembly
            • Easy To Clean
            • Portable

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

I will only use a Weber grill. Have owned a few of them.

I would buy this again!

from Michigan

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Craftsmanship
              • Durable
              • Easy Assembly
              • Easy To Clean
              • Portable

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

We grill year round! Abosolutely my favorite grill.

Love my grill

from Greenfield Tn

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Craftsmanship
                • Durable
                • Easy Assembly
                • Portable

Cons

• Small grilling space

Comments about Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill:

Me and my family love grilling. We use this all year long and we love having people over to enjoy it as much as we do. Me and my wife as well as our kids can use this and move it anywhere either straight in the sun or move it over to the shade