Other Grills:
Models:
758001, 757001
Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill

Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill

Pros

• Portable (5)
  • Adds flavor to meal (4)
  • Cooks efficiently (4)
  • Large grilling surface (3)

• For self/couple (5)
  • Portable use (4)
  • Small gatherings (4)
  • Great searing (3)
  • Indirect cooking (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Grilling enthusiast (3)

Grilled food really is better over charcoal

My first Weber grill lasted 15 years. It even blew out of the back of the truck and held up (long story). These grills are excellent in terms of qualtiy.
Read complete review

We decided to upgrade to a larger model. The old was, I think, 18 inches. This one is 22 inches. You might not think that's a lot, but it really will hold quite a bit more food.

The best thing about the Weber models is that they are kettle shape. The air circulates really well for even cooking across the entire grill.

The set up is a bottom grate to hold the charcoal up off the bottom of the grill and then a top grate for cooking. Grates are good quality and last too.

The various air flow holes allow for great regulation. Don't leave them wide open once you get the fire going good, or you will burn your meat.

We've had our 22 incher for about a year now. I love it just as much as the old one we had for years.

I consider a Weber an investment. When I was younger I bought cheap grills. They lasted about a season. They were also hard to cook on. Though we pay more for Weber, we sure get our moneys worth.

Good for low budget grilling

I had this grill for a time in a past apartment where I had a small porch. That was what caused me to buy this grill in the first place. I needed something low budget that would fit in the space provided. This met both this needs. It isn't the biggest grilling space, although that didn't really matter at the time because at the most I was grilling for two people. The cleaning was a little rough at first, but once you threw a little elbow grease into it, it came off a little easier. It is a small enough grill that it doesn't take much to move it thus making it pretty portable. I know the brand pretty well and was not disappointed in this grill.

The bottom line is that it is a good grill and very space friendly if you don't have much space. Its cost effective if you don't have a lot of money to spend on it. I would recommend it to college students, or apartment dwellers in particular.

Great

from ohio

About Me Master Griller

Pros

• Adds Flavor To Meal
  • Cooks Efficiently
  • Large Grilling Surface
  • Portable

Comments about Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill:

This grill is great. It is not cheap like the other brands you can buy. I have left mine out in the rain and it has not rusted. It cooks fast and even, hold a lot of the flavor in.

Excellent product

from Irvington al

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Adds Flavor To Meal
    • Cooks Efficiently
    • Large Grilling Surface
    • Portable

Comments about Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill:

I absolutely love this grill. It has all the features I want in a grill and loads less in price. We bought this grill because we were having a get together and didnt want a big set up..something small that would still grill for a party. This grill stoof up to the task. Big grilling area and fast heat up. And the adjustable heating gauge was so easy to use. We hav another grill which cost much more but we keep pulling this little grill out and using it every time!

great patio grill

from united states

About Me Occasional Griller

Pros

• Adds Flavor To Meal
      • Portable

Cons

• Small Grilling Surface

Comments about Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill:

My husband and I are loving our Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill! We live in an apartment, therefore we do not have space for a large high end grill. Or so we thought. While the Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill does not exactly have the largest grilling space offered by grills on the market today, this grill did not disappoint. The meats and various vegetables that we prepare on our Weber grill taste just as good as those meals prepared on those large, high end grills that quite honestly would never even fit on our small patio. The charcoal grill flavor is amazing and the grill surface is rather easy to clean (a perk of the grilling space being a little on the smaller side). While we have not had our Weber grill for that long, it was easy to move, set up, and use! The two wheels make our Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill easy to move and place in the proper grilling position on our small little patio. What an amazing space saver, yet we still get a quality grill. I wish that we purchased this grill last summer but at least I will have it around for this summer. Our grill lives outside and there do not appear to be any issues with the materials being outside full time. I have not seen any sign of rust or corrosion. I have a feeling that this grill will be our go to cooking space this upcoming summer. Now if only the weather could warm up....

Good for low budget grilling

from Florida

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Cooks Efficiently
      • Portable

Cons

• Small Grilling Surface

• budget conscious

Great Product

from Evansville, WI

About Me Grilling Enthusiast

Pros

• Adds Flavor To Meal
      • Cooks Efficiently
      • Large Grilling Surface
      • Portable

Comments about Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill:

This grill is great to use. Use it for just two or use it for the whole family at a get together! It cooks the food great and makes the food taste amazing! It's easy to use and set up and great for pretty much anything you want to grill!

Weber Charcoal Grill Review

from Austin, TX

Comments about Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill:

I really enjoy eating food that was cooked on our Weber grills.

The performance of our Weber grill is wonderful. It cooks evenly with something that cooks over a long period of time, like a whole chicken; but also makes great flavor on something that cooks quickly like salmon.

Versatility
        We use the grill to cook various kinds of meat and vegetables.

The Weber grill is very easy to use. Using charcoal and adding some flavored wood chips is simple and makes the food taste delicious.

The grill is pretty easy to clean. We own a grill brush and after each use we scrub it over the top. Especially if the charcoals are still hot, the remnants of dried food cook off or come off pretty easily.

This grill has held up very well. I purchased it for Fathers Day two years ago and it is still going strong. We grill atleast once a week. When not in use we keep a grill cover over it to protect it.

This grill has a nice design and looks nice in our backyard.

• Versatility:

Love my Weber 22.5", One Touch Gold Charcoal Grill!

from East Hampton, CT

Comments about Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill:

Replaced a gas grill with it. Food is cooked more evenly and tastes better. I highly recommend getting a "Chimney" charcoal starter so you don't need nasty charcoal lighter fluid.

Versatility
        At times with big parties, wish it had more cooking surface. This way I wouldn't need to get my Smoky Joe going too!

Can't think of a much better way to clean it.

Had it for 3 years and still looks new. Have had the Smoky Joe for over 10 years with little signs of wear, so I expect this larger grill will outlive me! I leave it outside 24/7/365 and do minimal upkeep.

As a former Research and Design Engineer, I know I couldn't have done a better design!

Great little grill!

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill:

We bought this for our spur of the moment outside barbecues that we've been having two to three times per week all this summer. This is a great and inexpensive grill--easy to set up, easy to clean, easy to light up, easy to use. We LOVE it! We have no problem getting the charcoal lighted with this unit--it's fast and easy to use. It's economical (doesn't use a lot of charcoal) and gets really, really hot. It has a big enough space for grilling steaks, hamburgers and hotdogs all at the same time.

Very, very good for what we paid. We got it on sale, so a lot cheaper than this website estimated its cost. It heats up quickly. Doesn't use a lot of charcoal and yet it keeps the whole grill hot. A little cooler on the outside, so you can move what you're cooking around and cook it to perfection.

Versatility
        It's not too big and it's easy to move around. We've used it at home an also brought it over to neighbors' back yards to grill over there.

It's not harder to clean than any other grill.

So far, so good. We hope it lasts for many, many years.

Pleasant surprise

Comments about Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill:

These are actually nice little grills for what they are. If you are a seriously hardcore barbecue fanatics this may not be for you. This grill isn't meant for smoking meats for ten plus hours on end or entering a competition with. However for cooking burgers and steaks for a holiday, Super Bowl party, birthday party or something along those lines this is an excellent grill. One of my favorite features is the vent that allows you to choke the fire down when it gets to hot or if it starts to flame up. A lot of grills I have used do not have this function and the result is charred burgers or whatever you happen to be cooking. I never thought I would own one of these but after using one at a friends house I went a purchased my own. Excellent for parties or those times when you decide to grill something last minute. Don't get me wrong this isn't nearly as high end as my smoker but at the same time I can fire it up on short notice with little or no maintenance. My smoke requires my constant attention and is an all day affair. This is a tough grill to beat for convenience and ease of use

Weber one -Touch Gold Charcoal Grill 758001

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Weber One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill:

Like most Weber grills, this one is very good and does exactly what I got it for. BBQ grilling with charcoal.

The great thing about these are that the heat seems to be much more consistent than other grills where one end of the meat is cooked and the other side of the grill, the meat is not. With this grill I never have that issue.

Versatility
        I can do meats, vegetables, kebobs all with ease on this grill. The flavor is amazing. There's something about the the flavor from smoke and charcoal that a gas grill just can't do,

It's very easy to use but like all charcoal grills, It takes time to set up. Simple enough to roll out, fire up, cook, clean, roll back into the garage or shed.

Cleaning isn't the easiest. Charcoal in general is a bit messy to deal with. If you take your time, it's reasonably easy to clean but it doesn't clean itself.

I know people that have had their Weber grills for ages. These things just keep going and doing a great job for many years as long as they are taken care of.

This design is a good one for me but I've had people tell me they like the square grills better. This design has been around for decades and will be around for a long time. I personally like a round circular grill.