4.8
Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill

Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill

4.8

works well

I just love this grill because it's just great.I just love it because of it's size.It's big which means I can cook more meat in less time.This grill is simple and fast.Ever since I got this I just cook more meat.This grill cook your meat just right.The meat is cooked to perfection and is just great.There is no advance technology and I can cook meat when I want.This grill is also compact which means you can put this in the back of your truck and cook whenever you want.The bad thing is that it cannot be outside overnight because rusts develops fast.Also water is too be kept away from this item because the rust will take over your grill so you have to be really careful.This is inexspensive and cooks great and I really recommend it to all meat lovers for all their meat needs.

This has to be one of the best fire starters i have even used.  it will take any type of charcoal, hardwood chunks or briquettes, and with 1 or 2 pieces of news paper, will have your fire ready in about 10-15 minutes.  The wood handle is far enough away to keep your hand from getting burned and the capacity is large enough to get a good fire going for even large turkeys on the grill.  the bottom grid is notched into place, so there is no need to worry about retrieving the grid when you pour the charcoal out when ready.

This chimney starter does it job but could be improved

I bought this chimney starter after realizing that I was starting the grill the hard way for WAY too long. I bought this at my local Pro Bass Outdoor World and haven't looked back since. It is so easy to use. I take some newspaper and spray it with some cooking spray and then loosely crumple it up and put it in the underside of the piece. I place it on the bottom rack of my Weber grill and fill it with charcoal. I use a little lighter fluid and let that soak in for 5 minutes or so. I then use a wooden match and set the coals on fire. That's it! Really! The packaging said that it would take about 20 minutes to get to white hot color but it was actually faster than that for me. I used about five pounds of charcoal and they were white how in no more than 15 minutes flat.

I used a pot holder and took the chimney starter by the handle and dumped the coal out into the grill. When I went to put down the chimney starter, the plastic coated handle had melted and smeared into my pot holder. After letting the whole piece cool, I pulled the pot holder off and it was just a mess. Thank goodness i had used a pot holder at all - imagine if I had used my bare hand! Other than that, the only other thin that I have noticed is that the unit is rusting so I am not sure how much longer it will last. Maybe I will go with a different company next time.

No more lighter fluid!

from Rockford, IL

Comments about Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill:

Love this! It's fast, easy and I don't like the smell taste of lighter fluid. It makes the grilling process cleaner and charcoal is ready so much faster. It's sturdy and I get rid of old paper out of the recycle bin! We will always have one of these from now on.

Don't start your grill without it!

from Lewisville, TX

Comments about Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill:

My husband has had one of these for years and swears by it. In fact he loves it so much he got a second one to be able to add to the fire as needed. He starts the charcoals burning in both at the same time, Dumps the first when it's really blazing and then keeps the second near by for a back up if the fire starts to go out.

Do use caution as they get hot, but if you are safe and careful this tool is a great addition to any charcoal grill!

Awesome.

from Bemidji, MN

Comments about Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill:

Love the charcoal chimney starter. We can get the charcoal burning without any of the lighter fluid aftertaste and odor. We have loaned this chimney out to friends and they too have gone out and purchased one. If you use charcoal, you will love this product.

Why use gas when you can get a Weber Chimney Starter???

from College Station, TX

Comments about Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill:

Why use a gas grill when you can have charcoal ready to go in no time.  Use some of those newspapers you have lying around the house and no lighter fluid fumes.  You will have red hot coals in no time.  Pick this one up.  It is SO worth the small amount of money that you will spend.

No other way to grill for us!

from Brownsburg, IN

Comments about Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill:

As newlyweds, we try and find cheaper options for everything, so, we chose a charcoal grill over the fancier gas grills. I personally prefer charcoal, as it gives it a richer flavor. However, I had the toughest time getting the coals to light and stay lit. Our neighbor has a similar device for his fire pit. We were hooked as soon as we saw it.

The directions are simple, fill up with coals, put paper in the bottom, light, and let sit. Simple for even a first time griller, like myself. I read a tip on another site that suggested adding vegetable oil to the paper for a longer burn, and it worked like a charm.

Overall, I don't think there is another way we will ever grill. I highly recommend this starter charcoal grilling. It is comforting to know that we aren't adding more chemicals to our coals that may be getting into our food. And it is a great conversational piece when friends come over for cookouts!

Easy and effective

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill:

The Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill is a wonderful grill accessory.  Just add newspaper to the bottom, put the charcoal in the top, and light it.  It's much better than lighter fluid, especially if you have children.  It eliminates the need for yet another toxic chemical.  You can use the cheaper non-treated charcoal, which also reduces the chemicals with which you are cooking your bar-b-que.

I do have a tendency to not allow the charcoal to burn long enough before dumping it out.  Also, there is a need to plan ahead to put it somewhere when it is hot after the charcoal is dumped out.  Luckily, the Chimney Starter has a wooden handle, so it is safe to handle and easy to dump out the coals.

I would recommend this for anyone who still prefers a good charcoal grill over a gas grill.  Charcoal gives a superior flavor and this eliminates the slightly off taste of the started fluid.

Great invention!

from Barnesville, MN

Comments about Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill:

This is a greatest invention for grilling ever! We use it faithfully every time we grill. We tried a gas grill but it just doesn't produce that great grilled flavor like charcoal so we always use our Weber whenever possible. The chimney starter eliminates the need for that smelly, messy lighter fluid so you just get that great grilled flavor. And it's very easy to use. You just crumple newspapers (great way to get rid of your pile!), place underneath and light. No mess, no smell. We're on our second one but our first one lasted a long time. The only reason it needed replacing was the wood handle cracked and finally broke off partway and we didn't want to burn our hands on the metal handle underneath.

Like Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill

from West Columbia, SC

Comments about Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill:

I bought the Weber chimney starter for charcoal sevefral months ago at Lowes. I had not used on before and my son had suggested that I get one to cut down on the time it took to get the charcoal started and ready to grill. I like the way that the chimney starter is designed. It had a good handle and you are protected with a heat shield. It is the right size for my Weber charcoal grill. I fill the chimney starter with charcoal and it is the right amount to cover my grill with charcoal. The chimney starter has really cut down on the time it takes to get the charcoal ready to grill. I would definitely recommend this product. The only thing that concerns me about this chimney starter is the plates that holds the charcoal at the bottom of the chimney starter. The plate is thin and mine has started to deform a little. I just wonder how lonng it will last before it breaks or gives way.

Weber Charcoal chimney

from Perris, CA

Comments about Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill:

I bought one of these to complete my Weber grill set up, this chimney starter is easy to use by adding a few pages of newspaper soaked lighly in cooking spray to the bottom and lighting it. It might smoke a little so make sure you are in a well ventilated area, sit back and relax and in a few minutes voila! your coals are ready.

Weber Chimney Starter: Necessary and Functional!

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Weber Chimney Starter for Charcoal Grill:

Many pundits of using charcoal are probably put off by the task of having to start their own fires. Too bad they don't own a Weber Chimney Starter! They too will enjoy the merits of cooking on charcoal (smokey flavor!).

This chimney starter is an amazing little tool and should come with basically any charcoal grill. It is a MUST-HAVE. No ifs ands or buts about it. This *WILL* work to start any charcoal, with a minimum of other tools/materials needed (e.g. crumpled newspaper, kitchen utility lighter/matches).

Tips to those of you who end up purchasing this: soak up the newspaper with cheap/used/expired vegetable oil and then roll them into rings underneath the chimney starter before lighting. Your fire will start MUCH faster and the whole process of starting your charcoal fire will be over in about 20 minutes, tops.