3.8
WebMd

WebMd

3.8

WebMD.com

WebMD.com is a valuable site where I can get information to all my health questions, it's easy to navigate and find the information you need to have a clear understanding of your health problem and knowhow to find some home remedies before making that agonizing decision to see your doctor. I have been able to treat my health problems with this site instead of running to my doctor first or have been able to lessen my health complaints with WebMD, I feel good about using this site and am comfortable with with it's information and knowing that this site is well known and that they don't provide false or bad information on WebMD.com I would recommend this site before seeing your doctor first.

WEB MD is not totally confidential

I had to complete a WEB MD profile in order to get a lower rate on my employer's health insurance premium.  I was reluctant to do so - now I wish I had not.  WEB MD now sends me emails to tell me that something undefined has been added to my "personal health record."  When I look at my record to find what's been added/changed, I find that it is some information from MY EMPLOYER telling me how to best use my benefits (according to the employer).  This is really scary that my employer can use WEB MD to correspond with me over my use of my benefit.  How much information does my employer get from WEB MD?  The most recent "updated information" was a recommendation from my employer that if I question my doctor's diagnosis or am unsure that my doctor's treatment plan is best for me, that I should call an 800 number to get information from a group called "Best Doctors" (says who?) as to whether my personal doctor is giving me the best care.

I guess my biggest gripe is with my employer that they employ these tactics to try to discredit my judgement and fill me with fear and doubts so that they can take control over my health care.  However, for their part in it, WEB MD has enabled them to take these actions.  Don't trust WEB MD with your personal information, they have arrangements with companies who are willing to pay them to gain control over your health care.

The Technology Leaders

from India

Comments about WebMd:

The technology Leaders have great hosting plans which gives me maximum facilites with low cost. I also happy with their 24/7 customer services.

Answers for everything

Comments about WebMd:

WebMD is one of my go to sites. Partially because I would do just about anything instead of having to go to a doctor and also, because I trust the information. I have used the site for checking symptoms and for other purposes. I have found it especially good for getting information about different herbs or even prescribed medicines as well. I regularly read their blog type postings so I can keep up with the latest health news and find them to be very informative.I have looked up a particular type of diagnosis and was able to research different topics related to health and have uncovered a wealth of information. I love the site for all that it freely gives, the knowledge. It's easy to find whatever you may be looking for and there are many tools - like the symptom checker or daily plate that can be utilized to help improve your overall quality of life in general. They cover everything you could ever think of, as far as I know. There hasn't ever been a time that I have looked for something and couldn't find it there. I have also signed up for their newsletters so I can be up to date and not miss a beat. They cover a range of topics and aren't bothersome or too frequent.

Don't Subscribe to their Newsletters

Comments about WebMd:

Don't subscribe to their newsletters unless you know you will always want them. I have tried at least three times at their site to unsubscribe, I have emailed them and have been told my account has been deleted, but the letters keep coming. They won't stop and I can't stop them.

Excellent source of health information

Comments about WebMd:

WebMD is one of best health related information available on the net. No wonder they are the biggest. A lot of info, maybe a bit too many endorsements, however a high percentage of info is really valuable. For everyone who are willing to get info on health and doctors doctor reviews, a combination of WebMD and Drsocial (innovative doctor review website) is a successful choice.

WebMD.com

from Rosamond,CA

Comments about WebMd:

biased & partial,funded by vested interests like wine industry

from Sunnyvale, CA

Comments about WebMd:

This website is extremely biased. You can see articles all over that promote vested interests like wine industry.  Check out the article  http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/alcohol-abuse/news/20080805/study-americans-drinking-less-alcohol, which basically  states that people  are actually drinking more wine and less beer, and then goes on to promote wine. This is also factually incorrect and hides the fact that a glass of wine has 3 times more alcohol than a glass of beer. Other articles claim that wine helps everything from aging, digestion, memory loss....basically everything that you are afraid of. All these claimed benefits are found in fresh foods such as fruits. This website should present unbiased facts and help people like us who trust them.

Great health site

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about WebMd:

With all of the different medical issues that have gone through me and my family this site has been very useful in finding the answers to my/our questions.  You will find just about anything that you are looking for when it comes to your being.

Finding problems and solutions just got interesting.

from Lakeview, NC

Comments about WebMd:

Although the site shows you a way to diagnose your problem. It's hard to find solutions you can afford or have in your house hold. Most people agree that to have it already on hand or in the nearby future allows you to be at ease.Rather than wait. other than that I have no problem with others checking the site out.

WEBMD AND MY ONE OF MY FAVORITE MEDICAL ADVICE SITES

from Huntington, WV

Comments about WebMd:

WEBMD AND MY LIFESAVER EVERYTIME I NEED SOME MEDICAL INFORMATION ,THIS IS THE PLACE I GO ,ITS BEEN VERY HELPFUL ,IF YOU NEED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH PROBLEMS GO HERE .JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU NEED EXCEPT THE DOCTOR,VISIT THE SITE FOR YOURSELF I THING YOU WILL AGREE ITS A GREAT INFORMATIVE SITE,LETS YOU KNOW ABOUT THE THINGS THAT ARE HAPPENING TO YOU

This site is very helpful.

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about WebMd:

Wonderful for starting knowledge of a problem. Good list of resources. Lists even the rarest of diseases. Love symptom checker. This feature allows to choose more than one area of the body, which is wonderful. I love the fact that is continuously states that you should not rely in this information as  a diagnosis and to seek the help of a health professional.