Other Insurance Companies:

Wawanesa

Pros

Cons

• Available Plans:

A great insurance company with phenomenal rates and service

I have been a customer of Wawanesa for several years now.  I recently purchased a new car and decided to double check whether Wawanesa would still be the best car insurance company.  Many of the more common insurance carriers wanted double what Wawanesa charges.  Also, in 2005 someone hit my car in a parking lot and did not leave a note.  My service with Wawanesa and having my car fixed was very efficient.  Their customer service is also great.  I highly recommend this company.

Wawanesa and it's employees are EVIL, CORRUPT and HEARTLESS.

WAWANESA IS THE WORST INSURANCE COMPANY WITH WHOM I HAVE EVER DEALT. THE COMPANY AND IT'S ADJUSTERS ARE CORRUPT AND COMPLETELY HEARTLESS.Their adjusters are underhanded and are only looking to make the company money (and enjoy profit sharing) at the expense of their clients' property and health. Wawanesa carefully trains its adjusters (in property, auto, section B, and third party claims) to stop at nothing to deny claims and therefore increase company profits. I know because I worked for them and they trained me to be heartless and to DENY, DENY, DENY! I am embarrased to admit that during my employment with them, I screwed over many a claimant and denyed payouts for their injuries all in the name of making the damn company more money and to increase my level of profit sharing. I escaped from their diabolical slew as soon as I could secure respectable employment.I will NEVER purchase insurance with Wawanesa because their company philosophy is totally CROOKED and so are all of their adjusters. STAY AWAY FROM WAWANESA IF YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY, PROPERTY AND HEALTH!

Horrible service when you need it

from Sonoma, CA

Comments about Wawanesa:

I had recommended them because of the great rates, but that was because I hadn't had to make a claim. Finally when I did it took me 3 hours the night I got a flat tire to find out they couldn't help me that night even though I had roadside assistance. Even if it was my fault, why did it have to take 3 hours of me on the phone on the side of the road! To make a really long story short, I just found out 2 MONTHS LATER that they are declining my claim. Even if it's not covered, why did it have to take 2 MONTHS TO FIND OUT!!! Horrible service and non responsive. After 16 years I will be switching insurance. I'm glad that it was just a flat tire and not a major accident for me to realize the service is horrible

Run away from Wawanesa in Ottawa

from Ottawa, Ontario

Comments about Wawanesa:

If your home is insured by Wawanesa, find another insurer right away. When we started to realize how horrible this company was, I called my broker who admitted that they were getting a ton of complaints about Wawanesa for other customers. As bad as it is to go through a house fire, having to deal with this cWawanes is worse. The lies, avoidance and smug attitude border on cruelty. We were treated as crminals, as if we were being done a favour by having a phone call returned or a long overdue cheque issued for our accommodations while our home was being repaired. We were continually out of pocket to the tune of thousands of dollars while getting every excuse in the book from our adjuster who was continually MIA. We were forced back into our home before the renovations were completed (no working bathroom or kitchen)despite the fact that we were no where near the exhausting our coverage for alternate accommodations. Like others posting here, we were not given our Proof of Loss forms until a few months before our deadline for coverage on the one and only claim on this house in over 50 years. Their records of our contents was illegible, think photocopy of a photocopy originaly written in pencil then scanned. The pennies on the dollar we eventually received was laughable if it were not so damaging to us. Did I mention that Wawanesa was so behind in paying the disaster restoration company that THEY recommended, the restoration company stopped working on our home and held our contents for ransom? I could go on and on but the ordeal just brings on nightmares. Do yourself a favour, avoid Wawanesa at all costs.

Good insurance, feel secure

Comments about Wawanesa:

When I was growing up, my parents always had Wawanesa Insurance for their Auto Insurance Needs, so naturally, I used them when I first began to drive and needed insurance for my own car. They're prices were affordable, and their coverage was awesome for what was included. I was fortunate to never need to call them in an accident, but I felt reassured that everything would be taken care of if I had a problem.

Customer Service
I only had to call about minor things, but the customer service was awesome at Wawanesa Insurance. Their hours are standard business hours, so that was annoying at times, but they were great and easy to talk to on the phone.

Available Plans
The plans for automobile coverage were great and seemed to cover what I needed at the time. Discounts were given for multi-family members, good driving, and safety features in your car. I never experienced a claim with them, but my family member that did, had a real smooth experience.

• Available Plans:

The longer you have coverage, the more expensive it gets

Comments about Wawanesa:

I would have been better off not having insurance. I had one at fault. I've paid more in yearly increases since then than I would have had to pay out of pocket when the accident happened. My premium has gone up at least 15% every year since with no claims or traffic citations. Complete ripoff. I hate to look for another insurance company but I guess I'm going to have to.

BTW:
Wawanesa obviously has people posting reviews here to make their overall score better. Some of these high-rating stories are too good to be true.

Customer Service
Can't do much on their website. Charge extra $5 to pay premium online. What company does that these days?? It does not cost them $5 to accept an online payment.

Available Plans
Just as many or few as every other company.

Affordable Insurance

from California

Comments about Wawanesa:

I have been a customer of Wawanesa Auto Insurance for a few years now. We have a family plan and after getting quotes from a handful of Auto Insurances - Wawanesa was the most affordable, reliable with reasonable rates! They give discounts for good driver (no tickets, long time driver), good student driver and discounts if you car has low jack, car is garaged and so forth. Ask them for special discounts you may apply for some of them! Not only are the rates reasonably priced but they are very quick to responding to claims.

Customer Service
Great customer service - they are willing to help you settle into your plan and answer any of your questions you may have!

Available Plans
Wawanesa only accepts good drivers (over 3 - 5 year experience of driving), no tickets, with little to no car accidents. It is not easy to get into Wawanesa Auto Insurance (took me 5 years to get accepted now I have driven over 9 years).

• Available Plans:

WAWANESA Blackmailing Us Into 31% Premium Increase for Our Home!

Comments about Wawanesa:

Our house insurance is coming up for renewal. Thanks to "Evaluator" scam that WAWANESA is using, our home replacement estimate has jumped from $295,000.00 to $425, 000.00 resulting in a 31% increase in our annual premium! We have been a home insurance customer with WAWANESA for 14 years without making a single claim for our home. WAWANESA will not give us an option to insure for the more realistic amount of $295,000.00 but other companies will. I wish I could blackmail my employer into a 31% salary increase when I felt I needed more money. Go online and view WAWANESA's track record of intimidating customers when they make claims.

• Available Plans:

Good price poor online access

from Eugene Oregon

Comments about Wawanesa:

I've had Wawanesa auto Insurance for about 18 months. First, they are particular about who they will cover. I was originally denied a couple years ago because my wife had an accident. Second, they only sell 12 month policies instead of the standard 6 months as others do. The rates I found much cheaper when I bought my first policy in May 2012, than others. They also only add a few bucks to do a payment plan instead full payment. They also seem to have good discount programs for good drivers. When renewing they included a letter outlining their request to increase premiums about 10 percent in Oregon. This did still leave it as a cheaper option for me but not by much. The customer service is hit or miss. When purchasing the agent was very helpful. Later when requesting a copy of my insurance card the rep was useless and I never did receive the copy I requested. their online access is very limited. You are charged to make a credit/debit payment online. I haven't had to file a claim so I can't evaluate that.

12 month policies

• Available Plans:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Wawanesa:

Insulting rude, arrogant and expensive.

Customer Service
They continued billing my account after my policy with them was cancelled resulting in 3 x NSF charges for an account that I assumed dormant. They simply refused to cancel the policy after the cancellation was sent to them.

Available Plans
They sold me a policy that did not cover my home, many many loopholes they made themselves. I paid 5 years for a policy that covered nothing.

• Available Plans:

Wawanesa Edmonton. DO NOT USE.

Comments about Wawanesa:

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I cannot get a hold of anyone about my claim. My adjuster will not return any phone calls. Her superviser will not return phone calls. I don't know waht to do. I literally cannot get a hold of anyone about my claim.

I would be embarrassed to have a company run like this. I'm surprised that this company is not on the news. I believe the good reviews on here are written by the employees of wawanesa themselves. The reviews are either really bad or really good. Come on wawanesa this shouldn't be happening.

Horrible company, horrible customer service. They don't treat you like a human being. I undestand that this is their busy time of the year. But to not return ONE phone call after multiple kind messages. Please consider another insurance company. I hope this review helps someone to not make the same mistake I did.

Best rates I've found for car insurance in California

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Wawanesa:

This company doesn't spend money on advertising, which is probably a big part of why their rates are so good. I found them when I was searching for a better rate, and they had the best rate I've found. I have not had a claim yet, so I can't comment on that.

Customer Service
I have done everything online, so I don't have any real experience with customer service.