Other Electric Toothbrushes:
SR 1000

Pros

Cons

Super Sonic Clean

This is my preferred sonic toothbrush that is currently on market. I have tried many models of different brands with varying results. I only switched models when the mechanism died or the battery burned out. So far, I have been using the Water Pik Sensonic for two years without any issues. The assortment of features include a dual speed option and a selection of brushes. I normally use the faster speed which is faster than other sonic toothbrushes. The difference is noticeable. The results are immediate. My teeth feel like glass-out-of-the-dishwasher clean. There was a slight shade whitening and general plaque reduction. My gums were a bit sensitive at first when using the higher speed but quickly acclimated after a few weeks. The device itself is easy to use with a two minute timer that prompts you to switch quadrants every thirty seconds. The rubbery no-slip grip on the handle feels secure and stable. The standard brush head is great for everyday cleaning. The compact brush head is great for harder to reach back teeth. The interdental brush head is great for lossening debris pre-flossing. This is a great all around sonic toothbrush.

Waterpik

I have a friend that works for a dentist who gave me a WaterPik Sensonic Toothbrush and I am so glad it was a gift and I didn't have to pay for it. I have never had such a hard time trying to brush my teeth. My entire mouth felt sore and beaten up after my first time using this toothbrush, even with the lowest possible settings. My gums swelled up and my teeth were extra sensitive. I tried to play around with it to make it work for me, but this product is too abrasive for me, I know it is designed to shoot water into areas that you cannot normally reach but I will stick with my other electric toothbrush. I was told that some people are just not able to use waterpiks and I am not interested in trying another one. I would suggest that anyone thinking about investing in one should talk to their dentist first because it was a painful experience for me. I would much rather continue to floss.

Performance/Cleaning
Honestly this product irritated my mouth so bad that I was unable to get one good cleaning out of it.

I thought that my toothbrush had a malfunction but after my friend checked it out she said that it was fine. I can not say that this is a durable product because I do not like it's design and performance.

This is the best toothbrush ever

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush SR-1000W:

I would give this toothbrush an A plus rating. The deep cleaning is what I wanted and this far exceed my expectations.

Performance/Cleaning
The cleaning was so complete that it felt like I had just had a professional cleaning. I love the up and down motion of the brushes. The timer makes sure that you are brushing long enough. I had been wanting this type of toothbrush and decided to go ahead and get one. I am excited as I had no idea it would make such a difference. It is so simple to use. There is only one button to deal with and if you want to brush a little longer than just turn it back on. The brushing is rather rigorous and might be a problem if you have sensitive gums but it is a well built and surprisingly inexpensive.

This unit has the the most amazingly easy to read, instruction booklet. The one thing that I was disappointing is the size of the handle and the unit is fairly heavy which should make it last longer however the size of the handle is larger than other models so I would say this brush is not handy for traveling. Replacement brushes are inexpensive and extremely easy to replace,

Varsity Level

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush SR-1000W:

I've been dabbling in the realm of electric toothbrushes for about 4 years now ever since my mother-in-law recommended that I get one; yes, i heard it from her before my dentist. Her dentist had switched her over to an electric toothbrush to help prevent heart disease by removing plaque. This piqued my interest, and I began reading up on the connections between heart disease and oral hygiene, scary but motivating research!
I've tried several different brands of electric toothbrushes and hadn't really known the difference until I tried the Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush SR-1000W. This toothbrush leaves the competition in the dirt.
With several heads and speeds to choose from, it's truly the cadillac of toothbrushes. And I was astonished at how reasonable the price was especially when compared to other brushes on the market.

Performance/Cleaning
My mouth feels clean all over as if I just visited my dentist!

Very strong and built to last.

from TX

Makes Teeth Feel Dentist Clean

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush SR-1000W:

I bought this product as I had some major yellowing of my teeth from age, smoking and drinking coffee. A family member recommended it, and I could tell their teeth were much whiter(as they dipped). I was surprised that after a week, my teeth look like I'd went to the dentist to have them professionally whitened! I would recommend this to anyone who want whiter, and much cleaner teeth.

Performance/Cleaning
It took about a week, for the total transformation of whiter teeth, but it works better than whitening strips. It makes my teeth noticeably cleaner. It has two different brush types, for a better cleaning experience. One that looks just like the tool your dentist uses. The smaller tool does well for in between the teeth. The larger brush is like a regular toothbrush. It really tightens your gums, really good for those with periodontal disease. It was worth the price I paid, and the time to use it.

Very durable product, well worth the price. Dropped it twice and it hasn't broke!

Comments about Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush SR-1000W:

The Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush is amazing. Its lightweight, durable, and gets into every nook and cranny in my mouth. It works so much better than brushing and using regular floss does.

Performance/Cleaning
The Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush gets in between all of my teeth and cleans my entire mouth. I never would have thought that anything could replace using regular dental floss but after using the Waterpik toothbrush I have a feeling that regular flossing and brushing weren't doing their job as well as I thought they were. Every time I use the Waterpik toothbrush I feel like I have just left the dentist office. That is how amazing it is. My dentist has also noticed a difference and I have been given compliments on how clean my mouth and teeth have been. I not only use the Waterpik Toothbrush for myself but I make every member of my family use one to. We take our clean mouths and teeth very seriously in our house.

The Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush is very durable. My kids have knocked it off the kitchen sink on more than one occasion and it still works. I highly recommend this product to anyone that takes oral care as serious as I do.

At This Cost It Doesn't Get Better

Comments about Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush SR-1000W:

I have tried quite a few different cheap toothbrushes including a couple pricey electric ones but to no avail they all were a let down. When I saw this one I was cautious at first because of the pricing but I figured I would give it a shot. Thinking about the amount of money I spent in toothbrushes in the given year I figured this would be cheaper if it worked as well as it said. After only using it a week I saw a significant difference in my oral health. My gums were less puffy and red and my teeth felt great. Being able to swap out the heads so easy to get in those hard to reach spots was awesome. Every time I brush my teeth I am left with a fresh clean, just visited the dentist feeling. My dentist has even noticed the difference. I have been using this toothbrush about a year now and I have to say, investing in this one has definitely saved me some money. Rather than replacing the whole toothbrush I can just replace the heads. I will never use another toothbrush. I would definitely recommend this toothbrush to anyone and every one.

Performance/Cleaning
With the different heads you get a thorough deep cleaning. Close to what you would get at the dentist!

Having a cat, mine has been knocked off the bathroom sink a couple times and it still works perfectly.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Waterpik is easily the best available

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush SR-1000W:

I bought the Waterpik on amazon and was immediately pleased with it, the compact size is perfect and what really helps is the way you can change the speeds. The first time I used it my mouth was a little sore because I started out on the high speed, but when I adjusted it I had no more problems. The battery lasts a long time compared to other electric toothbrushes.

Performance/Cleaning
Your teeth will feel like you just came from the dentist. It is a slick clean and it really leaves the entire mouth sparkling clean

This is a great compact little toothbrush cleaning system. I have had mine for over 2 years now, with no issues whatsoever. Some of these brushes are too large and hard to fit in your mouth but this one is perfect for anybody.

• Performance/Cleaning:

That completely fresh feeling of clean teeth!

Comments about Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush SR-1000W:

Have you ever wanted to get that completely sensational, fresh feeling that you get after having your teeth cleaned at the dentist? Well now you can! The "Watetpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush SR-1000W" cleans your teeth completely. Leaving you with a fresh, clean smile. It helps get into those hard to reach places where bacteria grows and destroys your teeth. Try this, and you will be sold! I promise that you will love this toothbrush kit.

• Performance/Cleaning:

I hope it lasts longer than other Waterpik products

from Amherst, NH

Comments about Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush SR-1000W:

I'm a long time Sonicare user but had a coupon for the Sensonic and decided to give it a try. So far I like it, but I have to confess that all the other Waterpik products I've bought haven't lasted very long. I like the feel of the Sensonic better, but my final opinion will hinge on its longevity.

Great electronic toothbrush!

from New York, NY

Comments about Waterpik Sensonic Professional Toothbrush SR-1000W:

I've used other electronic toothbrushes before and Waterpik definitely ranks high. I woudn't necessarily say it's WAY BETTER than sonicare but it's just as good! Battery lasts a long time, comes with different size brushes, aesthetically pleasing and overall, a great electronic toothbrush.