2.5
Washington Mutual - Visa Card

Washington Mutual - Visa Card

2.5

Washington Mutual VISA offers excellent customer service

Washington Mutual VISA is now Chase however during it's inital offering Washington Mutual offered a low initial rate of interest, I believe it was for 1 year. After that timeframe,the interest rate increase to their current rate. Since that time there have been a couple of occasions when I needed to get clarification on a charge that I had made and when I made an inquiry with them the customer service representatives were very courteous and knew their job. They answered my questions and were polite in handling my questions.I was one day late on a payment, which constitutes a late fee by most credit card agreements (which I think is absurd, really a grace period should exist before a late fee should be charged) and Washington Mutual agreed to remove the late fee without any hassles. Again, I commend them on the service I've received thusfar.

The interest rate on the credit card has increased to a rate that is attractive for my situation. You should know that credit  card companies base your rate on several factors but the primary factor is your credit score. Therefore, it is important to maintain an excellent credit score if at all possible. You can monitor your credit report to determine any erroneous reportings that may need removing from your credit file to improve your score. This can be done online with all three credit reporting agencies.  Unfortunately, we must pay to see our credit score, which I think is totally wrong. I think the credit bureaus should provide these scores free of charge to the consumer.  However, in Georgia you can obtain your credit report from all three credit bureaus twice per year at no charge.

Since the original credit card was issued, Chase has since taken over Washington Mutual. I am please with the service Chase has provided and the transition between Washington Mutual and Chase (as far as the credit card goes) has been seamless. Chase's service has been equally as good as Washington Mutual.

Washington Mutual will double your credit card interest rate

After four years of no late payments and never going over my limit, Washington Mutual raised my interest rate from 8.99% to 17.99%!  When I called and asked why they said it was due to my TransUnion report, which I pulled up while on line with them, there were no bad reports and my report was better than four years ago when I applied for the card.  They could not answer why they had raised my rate.  So I did some on line research, and it seems that due to taking a hit in the housing market they have decided to make it up by raising credit card holders interest rates!  It is happening nationwide- for no reason your interest rate will go up 100%... and they can do it!  So beware- I am paying off my account next month- and as far as I am concerned they can take a hike, but some consumers are not fortunate enough to do that and will never be able to pay off their credit card debt.  I personally think it calls for a class action lawsuit, and have contacted both my states attorney general as well as the attorney general of the US.

Washington Mutual VISA offers excellent customer service

from Snellville, GA

Chase is just not good

from West Covina, CA

Comments about Washington Mutual - Visa Card:

I'm sure everybody knows that Washington Mutual is now part of Chase, and credit card division went under chase operation before the bank did (the banking portion is still undergoing the transfer from Wamu to Chase in CA). Washington Mutual used to offer credit check on your account when you logged in online. It was convenient to see the credit score every month so you are up to date and will potentially be able to avoid any issue with your credit score. Now that it's under chase management, that convenient service no longer available.  I also had a little issue with the account so called the customer service, and it seems like the quality of customer service has gone down too. I keep hearing rumors that Chase is starting to cancel thier customer's credit accounts or bringing up the APR/lowering the credit limit, so I'm hoping that it won't happen to me. I don't have much to pay back, but as soon as I'm done paying off this account, I am considering closing my account before they do something to it.

Started out okay, ended horirbly

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Washington Mutual - Visa Card:

I signed up with WaMu when I was in college. They gave me a no interest for a year and then said that it would be low interest after that. Over the past three years it's gone from 5% to 32.9%. I hate WaMu. I'm glad they're in financial trouble--they're heartless jerks! Even when i was in a horrible accident and nearly died the girl on the phone still yelled at me and called me irresponsible when I was late on my payment becuase i was IN THE HOSPITAL. This institution is miserable

Worst creditcard company I've ever dealt with, no customer care.

from Tunkhannock, PA

Comments about Washington Mutual - Visa Card:

I have 2 credit cards.  One is reasonable, lowered my interest rate over years of good customer record, sends alert if I accidentally go over the limit and allows me to bring it back down without penalty, and  counts on-line payments immediately without fee.  The Washington Mutual card is the opposite.  They have never lowered my interest rate, (making it difficult to pay down the card and just get rid of it).  I went over the limit once by $3 which was a result of their interest being added to my bill.  They sent me an email alert to let me know I was over the limit, but charged me $39 anyway.  What is the point to alerting me if there is no chance to rectify the situation without penalty?  I requested that the fee be reversed...no.  I have requested a lower interest rate....no.  The interest rate is 12 points higher than my other card.  If you want to make an on-line payment and have it count the same day that you are making it, there is a fee of $14.95.  When I have spoken to this company I have felt a lack of caring customer service.  When I talk to my other company I get the feeling that they care about me as a customer and will help me in any way that they can.  What a contrast.  I will get rid of this card as soon as possible and will recommend to anyone that they avoid Washington Mutual (formerly Providian) at all costs.  I don't mean this as a rant, just comparing and contrasting a good company to a bad (in my experience)

Awesome way to earn My Points

from Wichita, KS

Comments about Washington Mutual - Visa Card:

I have really enjoyed using MyPoints Visa.  I have earned tons of points just by swiping my card.  The only down fall about this card is having to pay a online fee if I want to make my payment on the or the day before the due date.   Other cards I have had in the past they did not have any fee to make payment.  Other then that, I have enjoyed this card.   Easy to use and the points add up.

Tired of getting all the "checks" in the mail!

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Washington Mutual - Visa Card:

This company is good about revieiwing your account and increasing your account limit, but they are not good about lowering your interest rate. I use my card as little as possible. I also wish they would not send out so many cash offers - "write this check and only pay a fee and a higher rate". I have already asked them to quit calling me with offers like this, but I guess the mail will come forever. They could sure save some money and quit sending out all of these offers. I do like the credit rating that they update for you each month.

Company offers very rude collecting service agents!!!

from East Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Washington Mutual - Visa Card:

I recently game across some misfortune making in very difficult to make my credit card payment.  I spoke with one of Washington Mutual's collection agents and was spoken to in a very rude manner.  When I indicated that I had been actively seeking employment, without any luck, for the past several months, I was told by the agent that "there are hundreds of jobs out there and if I was really looking I would have found one!"  I offered, in good faith, to make payments of $50.00 per month until I can get on my feet.  At this point I was told that this payment was not good enough and I should borrow money from friends or family members to pay this.  I indicated that there was no way that this could be done, at which point the agent told me, very rudely, to "PAY MY DEBT" and he disconnected our call.  I understand that it is there job to collect past due debts, however, they certainly should be a little more sensitive to someone's personal situation and try to work with them to collect the debt.

sucks

from Shawnee, OK

Comments about Washington Mutual - Visa Card:

washington mutual credit cards not worth the time or effort.  They went Bust and Chase bought them out and it's like pure h---. Trying to keep the thing.   I am in good standing with it but they want to charge an arm and a leg on your payments  now. since Chase took over.  I got my bill and they have taxed everything even the min. payment is hiked up.  I guess any credit card isn't worth it anymore with the way the economy is . I thought they were trying to help people. huh wrong wrong wrong.   Well no more I will pay with cash from now on. It's much easier.

If I had to get another VISA card, it wont be Washington Mutual!

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Washington Mutual - Visa Card:

Things were going fine, at first, with Washington Mutual until I hit a financial rough spot.  They were unwilling to work with me beyond a three month period and the calls were horrible.  There is no way that I will do business with them again.

Washington Mutual - Visa Card, sometimes a hassle!

from Seaford, DE

Comments about Washington Mutual - Visa Card:

I have had a Washington Mutual Visa card since 2004 and most of the times I don't have any problems.  They recently increased my credit limit and also my interest rate.  I had to contact them to have it lowered or if they would I was going to transfer my balance elsewhere.  They were able to negotiate with me and lowered to below 10%, which is much better than 24%.  Sometimes you just have to make a call to get things to happen.