3.7

• Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

Much more than a store

I checked into the Walmart site originally to check for the local discounts in my area and was so surprised to find out this site features so much more than just a store.  My favorite area is the free samples section where you can try new products they are promoting as well as find out about store events to try new things.  The weekly ads are posted to the site so you can look up the deals in your area as well as find locations.  They have great prices, but many times I have looked in store for items and they are gone.  Shipping is an extra charge, but you do have the option to ship to store which is convenient if you live near a store and cuts shipping charges.  You can order movies and television shows to download on the site and I tried and it is pretty good.  They cost a few dollars but you never have to leave your computer.  You can also upload your photos and order prints which is easy and convenient.  This site is well organized and once in a while you can find some great deals. I really love the fact that you can shop online and pick up your items easily in the store.

The worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

There was a time, not so long ago, when I would choose Walmart other all other similar stores, given a choice.  Their prices tend to be lower, sometimes significantly, than competitors, which is key in my life.  However, a recent incident with them has caused me to re-evaluate where I shop.About two months ago I made a purchase on Walmart.com.  It was a gift for my sister, who lives on the opposite side of the country and I made sure to mark it as such, complete with a card and note.  The item, a day-by-day Harry Potter 2008 calender, was on pre-order, set to be delivered "on or near Oct. 28."  On October 30th, I received an email from Walmart.com notifying me they were having complications shipping the item.  If I wished to cancel, they told me, I could.  Otherwise they would continue to try shipping the item for the next 10 days.  If they were unsuccessful then they would cancel my order themselves, and sorry for any inconvenience.I immediately went to the website, trying to cancel the order.  After much time spent searching Walmart.com I came upon their order cancellation policy.  They simply do not allow it.  I contacted their customer service department with my request for the order to be canceled.  I received no acknowledgment whatsoever.  I repeated my request to their customer service department twice more, with the same results as the first request.Eleven days after I received the email telling me of their shipping problem, I checked the status of my order.  It was still pending.  I again contacted the customer service department, reminding them that they had promised to cancel after 10 days.  I received a response the next day letting me know my order had been canceled and I would not be charged.Three days later, I received another email from Walmart.com.  My order had shipped, thank you very much, have a nice day.  After contacting Walmart.com and reminding them that the order had been canceled, I was told that I was welcome to return the item once it was recieved.  Apparently they had not noticed that the order was a gift and that the shipping address was on the opposite side of the country as the billing address.

Walmart finds new way to cheat customers

from Alton, IL

Comments about Walmart.com:

I hate Walmart!! Especially Walmart.com. I ordered a swimsuit in May & returned it immediately via their return shipping label which they provided online. Fortunately, I made a copy of it because once you print it, it's no longer available for you to see on their website. Yesterday (7/28), I get an email from them that they never received my return & put the charge back on my credit card. So I pull my copy & check the tracking info & sure enough, they received it on 6/5!! Another scam by Walmart to cheat customers! Beware & always keep a copy of your tracking number

1 order, 3 attempts

from Santa Monica, CA

Comments about Walmart.com:

First attempt the postal carrier received a request to send back the item to Walmart the day it was supposed to be delivered. Same day called and was told that it would be cancelled, reordered and expedited w/o additional costs. 5 days later no tracking number received. Called again and they said there was an error on their part in regard to their processing. Once again i had the order cancelled, reordered, expedited and receiving a 10% discount. Next day the new order did not populate on my account. Had to chat with them again and the rep was being cold and had to repeat many things. Then claims that no order was made and I wouldn't receive the item b/c its cancelled and no 10% discount. Lastly gave the excuse that the item was out of stock. Then they wanted to offer another item entirely just to make a sale instead of coming with a resolution. they didn't even offer to expedite my refund.

Buyer Beware!!

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Walmart.com:

Buyer Beware! The fine print will let you know that you are actually dealing with a third party vendor that has no real association with Walmart. Walmart allows themselves to associate with these awful products and services, so they are also accountable.

My wife got a Nintendo Switch for my birthday, but I wound up getting two. She wound up paying almost $200 more than she should have due to price gouging. Worldwide distributors would NOT take it back. Although it lists a 30 day return on Walmart's site, the seller explained it is only a 14 day policy with 20 % restocking fees.

Absolutely ridiculous behavior! Please do not purchase anything from Walmart.com!

from tx

Comments about Walmart.com:

Walmart has everything you can possibly imagine. They have clothes, shoes, undergarments, health, beauty, literally anything you can imagine. I shop here at least once a week. I shop typically for household items, health and beauty, and groceries. I do it because it's convenient for me, it's a one-stop shop. They also now have a few extra features that I think are pretty cool. They have a app that comes in handy. I have been in the store and able to use their app for a cheaper price and still get it at my local store. Now free two day shipping with your online orders, that'll save you money and it's helpful when you need the product quickly. I have went into physical locations, use their mobile app, and shopped on their website. They also use third party sellers in their online store. So there's a bigger variety (as if there wasn't a huge selection as it was). They will also let you link your card to their mobile app. That feature helps when you forget your wallet and you are standing at the checkout line. You simply open the Walmart app, select Walmart pay on the app, and scan the QR code on the screen or the debit card reader. There's no delay with that payment method. If you download the app and you get tired of going through every newspaper to find the sales you want, then use the savings catcher. Download the app and all you have to do is open the Walmart app then scan the QR code on the bottom of your receipt and usually within a few days they'll send money to a gift card of your choice. Last year I saved over $50 with their app. I hate holding up the line trying to comp ads, but I also never want to miss a good sale either. I use the savings catcher everytime I go to Walmart. And whatever money I get back from the savings catcher I use on my next purchase with the Walmart pay option. Walmart has great prices anyway, but sometimes things do go on sale and Walmart may be a little higher. I don't know of anyone who doesn't like Wal-Mart.

Return Policy

from 41240

Comments about Walmart.com:

Return Policy varies for each vendor. You cannot return items to local store.

NEVER AGAIN

from Walmart.com

Comments about Walmart.com:

I ordered a Samsung 55 inch TV on a Black Friday deal because i work in retail and couldn't make it into the store. Was extremely excited as this is a Christmas present for my boyfriend and i would be able to give it to him early to replace the one he's had for 6 years. Finally receive it to my place of employment the day after i was supposed to after a FedEx headache. Plugged it in and the ENTIRE screen was destroyed, as if someone took a bat to it. This is just the beginning. I call Walmart.com Customer Service center the next evening to get the situation rectified. Speak to THREE different customer service representatives including a supervisor. Not one person could help me besides refunding me. Unacceptable. They don't seem to understand why I wouldn't want another 55 inch TV shipped through Fed Ex after this issue. I finally get a call back from a Corporate officer who after me voicing my dismay, agrees to upgrade me to a better TV for the inconvenience and the headache along with the fact that the TV i purchased was of course now more money AND out of stock. All I have to do is wait for my refund to post, call back and the customer service department has notes to price match the better TV for what i originally paid for the one that came damaged. See my refund post to my account, call to order and match and I am told that the corporate officer put in his noted to give me a REFURBISHED TV. I speak to yet another supervisor and another corporate supervisor and nobody can help me. After being told you will be upgraded for the headache, I would expect that's what a $230 BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY would do, not downgrade to refurbished. I'm beyond disgusted with this experience and I spend a lot of my hard earned money at Walmart. I'm waiting for the corporate officer I spoke with 3 days ago to call me back and see how this goes. But i guarantee I will not be going through 3 days worth of customer service issues again or spending a single dollar on this website again.

Walmart has terrible service on their website,

from Walmart online

Comments about Walmart.com:

Terrible online service while making a purchase. I purched a Timex watch, And it constant ly said that

Ematic Convertor Box

from jacksonville, Florida

Comments about Walmart.com:

I have purchased three convertor boxes in the past two years and the Ematic is the best one yet...love all the features.

Very Helpful Store

from Utah

Comments about Walmart.com:

We live in a small town about an hour and a quarter from the nearest Walmart. We also have three young children, so it is quite hectic when we actually get to a Walmart store. Needless to say, being able to shop on Walmart.com from the comfort of our living room couch is one of the most amazing technological advancements in the history of mankind. The site is easy to navigate, and we can very easily find what we are looking for. The one downside to shopping online is that many things are only available in store. The site will list them and tell you if they are available at a particular Walmart, but you cannot order them online. But prices online are pretty comparable to in stores, and you can get free shipping on orders over $50 (which isn't hard to do when stocking up on things). Shipping is also fast (we do have a distribution center relatively close to where we live though, and some friends have said it takes longer for their orders to arrive). Items purchased online can be returned in stores, but you need to have a receipt with you. They will give you a hard time if you don't bring the particular receipt that is given on the website.

Bad

from MI

Comments about Walmart.com:

Walmart.com is probably one of the most disappointing e-commerce retailers I have ever encountered. Their customer service is terrible and I just don't have one good thing to say about them. The Walmart store claims to price match - except with their website. WHO does that?

A year or so ago around Black Friday - Walmart.com experienced a glitch with their pricing, making it so that dozens of items appeared much, much lower than they normally should have been. I was able to order a few of these items at the hugely discounted price, only to have my orders canceled later. This is fine, I understand that mistakes happen, but when I called Walmart.com customer service just to confirm that my card would not be charged for these cancelled orders, I was informed that SOME of the people's orders were actually honored at those prices. Not everyone, but some people did actually get those deals. I was then told basically it was luck of the draw, there was nothing he could do about it and hung up. Extremely rude, unprofessional, and I refuse to shop with Walmart.com again.