1.5

1.5

Pros

Cons

Fast and painless

I dread going to my primary care when I have sinus infections.  I call to make an appointment and they can rarely squeeze me in on short notice, and if they can, I end up waiting for hours in the waiting room.  I visited a take care clinic in Chicago when I was desperate for antibiotics.  The experience was perfect.  The nurse practioner greeted me as I signed in and told me it would be about a 10 minute wait.  And it actually was!  That never happens.  She was kind and responsive to my needs.  I would definitely recommend a take care clinic to anyone in need of a simple prescription.

Rude and misdiagnosed!!!

My husband came down with Bronchitis and a few days later I began having the exact same symptoms of my husband who had been diagnosed by our family doctor and was prescribed antibiotics for the bronchitis.  I was unable to get in that day to see our family doctor so wanted to see someone ASAP to start antibiotics since I am a busy momma and def do not have time to be down.  The nurse practioner that helped me was very rude, her stomach hung out of her shirt, she just sat at the desk back turned to me and typed away at her computer, talking and giving me orders thru out without making any eye contact. I informed her that my husband was just diagnosed with bronchitis and I was having his exact symptoms, such as high fever, cough so bad I thought my lungs were going to come out my throat, nasty yellow/green/bloody phlegm, headache, body aches etc..... She then preceded to tell me that you do not treat bronchitis with antibiotics.  WHAT?  I am a RN and we ALWAYS treat bronchitis with antibiotics or else it turns into pneumonia.  She wouldn't listen to anything I was saying to her.  She looked me over and did a flu test.  Her diagnosis for me was a ear infection, gave me amoxicillin and sent me on my way, I was confused, my ears were the one thing on my body that didn't hurt how could I have a ear infection? 3 days later, feeling worse and constantly running a fever of at least 104 I went in to see our family doctor who diagnosed me with bronchitis on the verge of pneumonia and NO EAR INFECTION!!!!! I was put on inhalers and of course antibiotics to treat the BRONCHITIS! I recently got my bill in the mail for the take care clinic and have disputed the charges. I am not paying for service such as this, I wouldnt take my dog there.....a bunch of quacks!!!!

Visited the clinic for illness

from Aurora

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

I really enjoyed my experience and it was affordable. My medical insurance doesn't kick in until July so I paid out of pocket. I paid about $134 for the visit and the medication. I'm so thankful Walgreens has a clinic.

Surprisingly good?

from 38120

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

my nurse practioner was the best. I wish I would have gotten her name. She was incredibly knowledgeable, and evwn humored my incredibly annoying and extra ( due the pain) sarcasm. Lovely experience. Primary physician .... new phone, who dis???

Rude and useless

from Lebanon tn

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

I chose the one star because that's the lowest, should be a negative 4. My daughter had an infection and no dental ins. She was in alot if pain and simply needed antibiotics. After waiting 2 hours, the clunic personnel had her call her insurance for preauthorization. She called and got the authorization., they refused to help her. Said an abscess from a tooth was dental and they would not give her antibiotics.
But, they did try to charge her .,.unbelievable, and unacceptable. I read other reviews and it's unbelievable to me that they are allowed to continue.

I will never use this service again

from St. Louis

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

Went on Sunday as my daughter was ill with a migraine, they were booked and was told to go to urgi-care that my insurance does not cover. Went back the next day, was told that the culture would take 72+ hours before we could get results. We were told to gargle salt water and stay hydrated- like we don't know to stay hydrated? 3 days later someone left a message to ask how my daughter was feeling. When I returned the call, they said I could only talk to a nurse who wasn't there at the moment but she would call back in just a few minutes. Never got a follow up. Waste of my co-pay, ended up going to primary care. Lesson learned while my daughter suffered. Not good if you need results.

Never go to mini clinic Nashville Old Hickory and Edmondson

from Nashville , TN

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

Furious!!! Unprofessional and late to work nurse diagnosed my child with maybe a virus, didn't see anything, could do a strep test but didn't think it necessary. Made it MY responsibility to go to pharmacy to ask for change for 100 dollar bill in order to pay the bill of 109.00. Less than 24 hours, into a doctors office to be informed my daughter not only was positive for strep but also positive with influenza B. Waste of money, unprofessional, incompetent !!!!

Closed early after us waiting for 25 minutes

from Burlington Ky

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

I have used Walgreens clinic before and did not have a problem. I rushed to the clinic this time to try and make it before 7. I passed many clinics on the way but chose to go to this particular Walgreens because I had been before. I signed my daughter in at 6:30. We waited for 25 minutes and then the lady came out and said she had already cashed out. I was furious. She was closing early while we were out there waiting. She told us of an urgent care that was close. By then my daughter felt so bad we just needed to go home.

Deceptive Billing

from St. Louis, MO

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

Not much to say except that we were told it was going to cost one thing and then we were charged twice as much. Will never go there again. I refuse to give my business to people who have deceptive billing.

Unprofessional Healthcare Billing Errors

from Cuyahoga Falls OH

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

Zero if I could. I have 0$ copay, but they ALWAYS demand to take my credit card before care, even though there is nothing to charge. Like you are buying a sandwich instead of getting care. Healthcare for 20+ years and never saw a place that does things like this.
Went for flu shot some woman at walgreens took my insurance and credit cards and disappeared with them, NOT OK. We had the entire visit, and then had to get them afterwards. I was a little nervous because this other woman did NOT appear to understand ANYTHING about insurance or billing and seemed like they pulled her from the store to help.
Sure enough, even though my insurance paid for the shot, they billed me for it anyways. 2 calls, many emails, and 2 months later, STILL haven't gotten my money back.
This call the rep confessed she could see the charge even though there was an insurance pay out, but couldn't refund my $$. Has to call the NP who gave the shot (even though she never even saw my card the other woman had it) to "investigate" and see if they can get my money back. WHAT?!?!?!
This is NOT how healthcare operates, these are not standard or acceptable healthcare billing practices, AND the resolution process is completely ridiculous. Now I may here back in over a week with an "update".
DO NOT GO HERE, GO TO A REAL URGENT CARE

Unhappy with level of no service

from The Woodlands TX

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

My husband had a clogged ear. We were told at the beginning by Dr. "Precious" , whatever the name, could not treat him. So, what does she do, she sits down looks at her screen ask a few questions and still looks at his ear. She then tells us to go out in the pharmacy and get ear wax cleaner. We leave and with a ear wax information in our hand, and at the last page she had slyly placed a bill that she charged our card on file for 99.00. There was no mention of having to pay anything and we get charged 10 minutes after being told she can't treat us! We did want to leave but she kept asking HIM questions. SHE took the liberty to make sure we were there more than an allocated time so she can say "She saw him". Which she did when we disputed. Tell me, if you took your car to a mechanic and told him the problem and he said "I can't fix it go to so and so, oh and by the way, because we talked I am going to charge you for consultation". Who does that? An accountant "Can you do my taxes?" He replies"No, I don't do that level of accounting so go to so-so, oh and by the way that will be 100 for me telling you I can't do it and I did advise you to go somewhere else". Apparently this Walgreens at 8000 Research Forest in The Woodlands find it better get 99.00 deceitfully than to do the decent thing and realize it was not a treatment, but just a good business practice/customer service advice letting us know that cleaning an ear is way beyond her expertise and there are other more qualified doctors that can help.

not going here again

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

Didn't have to wait too long even though I was a walkin. However, it wasn't very personal. When the lady talked she wasn't really talking to me, more to the computer. I don't go to clinics often, just when I know when something is wrong. I will most likely not be going to this clinic again.