1.4

1.4

Pros

Cons

Fast and painless

I dread going to my primary care when I have sinus infections.  I call to make an appointment and they can rarely squeeze me in on short notice, and if they can, I end up waiting for hours in the waiting room.  I visited a take care clinic in Chicago when I was desperate for antibiotics.  The experience was perfect.  The nurse practioner greeted me as I signed in and told me it would be about a 10 minute wait.  And it actually was!  That never happens.  She was kind and responsive to my needs.  I would definitely recommend a take care clinic to anyone in need of a simple prescription.

Rude and misdiagnosed!!!

My husband came down with Bronchitis and a few days later I began having the exact same symptoms of my husband who had been diagnosed by our family doctor and was prescribed antibiotics for the bronchitis.  I was unable to get in that day to see our family doctor so wanted to see someone ASAP to start antibiotics since I am a busy momma and def do not have time to be down.  The nurse practioner that helped me was very rude, her stomach hung out of her shirt, she just sat at the desk back turned to me and typed away at her computer, talking and giving me orders thru out without making any eye contact. I informed her that my husband was just diagnosed with bronchitis and I was having his exact symptoms, such as high fever, cough so bad I thought my lungs were going to come out my throat, nasty yellow/green/bloody phlegm, headache, body aches etc..... She then preceded to tell me that you do not treat bronchitis with antibiotics.  WHAT?  I am a RN and we ALWAYS treat bronchitis with antibiotics or else it turns into pneumonia.  She wouldn't listen to anything I was saying to her.  She looked me over and did a flu test.  Her diagnosis for me was a ear infection, gave me amoxicillin and sent me on my way, I was confused, my ears were the one thing on my body that didn't hurt how could I have a ear infection? 3 days later, feeling worse and constantly running a fever of at least 104 I went in to see our family doctor who diagnosed me with bronchitis on the verge of pneumonia and NO EAR INFECTION!!!!! I was put on inhalers and of course antibiotics to treat the BRONCHITIS! I recently got my bill in the mail for the take care clinic and have disputed the charges. I am not paying for service such as this, I wouldnt take my dog there.....a bunch of quacks!!!!

Deceptive Billing

from St. Louis, MO

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

Not much to say except that we were told it was going to cost one thing and then we were charged twice as much. Will never go there again. I refuse to give my business to people who have deceptive billing.

Unprofessional Healthcare Billing Errors

from Cuyahoga Falls OH

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

Zero if I could. I have 0$ copay, but they ALWAYS demand to take my credit card before care, even though there is nothing to charge. Like you are buying a sandwich instead of getting care. Healthcare for 20+ years and never saw a place that does things like this.
Went for flu shot some woman at walgreens took my insurance and credit cards and disappeared with them, NOT OK. We had the entire visit, and then had to get them afterwards. I was a little nervous because this other woman did NOT appear to understand ANYTHING about insurance or billing and seemed like they pulled her from the store to help.
Sure enough, even though my insurance paid for the shot, they billed me for it anyways. 2 calls, many emails, and 2 months later, STILL haven't gotten my money back.
This call the rep confessed she could see the charge even though there was an insurance pay out, but couldn't refund my $$. Has to call the NP who gave the shot (even though she never even saw my card the other woman had it) to "investigate" and see if they can get my money back. WHAT?!?!?!
This is NOT how healthcare operates, these are not standard or acceptable healthcare billing practices, AND the resolution process is completely ridiculous. Now I may here back in over a week with an "update".
DO NOT GO HERE, GO TO A REAL URGENT CARE

Unhappy with level of no service

from The Woodlands TX

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

My husband had a clogged ear. We were told at the beginning by Dr. "Precious" , whatever the name, could not treat him. So, what does she do, she sits down looks at her screen ask a few questions and still looks at his ear. She then tells us to go out in the pharmacy and get ear wax cleaner. We leave and with a ear wax information in our hand, and at the last page she had slyly placed a bill that she charged our card on file for 99.00. There was no mention of having to pay anything and we get charged 10 minutes after being told she can't treat us! We did want to leave but she kept asking HIM questions. SHE took the liberty to make sure we were there more than an allocated time so she can say "She saw him". Which she did when we disputed. Tell me, if you took your car to a mechanic and told him the problem and he said "I can't fix it go to so and so, oh and by the way, because we talked I am going to charge you for consultation". Who does that? An accountant "Can you do my taxes?" He replies"No, I don't do that level of accounting so go to so-so, oh and by the way that will be 100 for me telling you I can't do it and I did advise you to go somewhere else". Apparently this Walgreens at 8000 Research Forest in The Woodlands find it better get 99.00 deceitfully than to do the decent thing and realize it was not a treatment, but just a good business practice/customer service advice letting us know that cleaning an ear is way beyond her expertise and there are other more qualified doctors that can help.

not going here again

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

Didn't have to wait too long even though I was a walkin. However, it wasn't very personal. When the lady talked she wasn't really talking to me, more to the computer. I don't go to clinics often, just when I know when something is wrong. I will most likely not be going to this clinic again.

NEVER Again

from Sycamore IL

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

Signed in and then sat there for 25 minutes while no one was in being taken care of only to have the woman walk out and says she has an appointment. She knew we were there. Feeling horrible drove to a very good urgent care. NEVER again Walgreen's.

Walgreens Take Care Clinic is a Complete JOKE

from Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

My rating is actually a zero. I made an online appt. for my son. Arrived 15 minutes early, immediately signed in at kiosk and took the only available seat in the busy waiting area. Waited 1 hour and 45 min. I managed to get the attention of the NP and asked why we had not been called. He said, "I did call you." Keep in mind, I was never on my phone, never left my seat, and even my son said he was never called. The NP continued to take walk-ins and simply ignored the queue. In fact, he took the next walk-in and told us he'd see us after them. Not happening. I told him that he was the only child being seen and if someone else came in our place, then surely you would realize it's an adult, rather than the child in queue. I even asked him if indeed he came out to the waiting area and called us back, I told him I had never left my seat (which I was sitting in) NO COMMUNICATION. He could have cared less: 2 hours of wasted time on a Sunday afternoon, sick child, no meds, ridiculous! I will never, ever,go back. a Wal-Greens employee said its not the first time it's happened.

Have to spend another co pay elsewhere

from Amelia Ohio

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

I wasn't listened to very well. She prescribed OTC meds that I was already taking. 24 hrs later I'm twice as bad. Called them and they said I have to come back in. Won't pay them again. Going to urgent care

Never will go here again... NEVER

from Grayslake, IL

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

I wish I didn't have to select any stars at all. I got zero service. I made an appointment today as I have been suffering symptoms of an ear/sinus infection and now potential tonsillitis or strep This morning I coughed up a bit of mucus tinged with blood. Probably from all the irritation. After waiting so long the harms its checked on me making sure I wasn't waiting for them, they finally came to get me for my appointment. I was walked into a room where a woman asked me a question and u said I felt awful like j may have strep. I mean, by this point I was half asleep from lazing around the waiting area so long. She runs out and grabs a woman in a white lab coat who rushed in and says what's going on?! All panicked. I said my throat hurts and this morning I coughed up mucus with a little blood. She said oh my god I could test for strep but I can't help you I just can't - all j can do is call you an ambulance and she ran out of the room and never came back. The other woman looked at me and mouthed sorry. That's all. No other interaction. Not kidding. I don't even know how to feel even now. I still feel like I'm on a game show and someone is going to show up at my house with money.

won't go back

from greenwood, in

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

Went to avoid urgent care I got a exam No treatment and was sent to urgent care for treatment. Now have to pay two places,be smart save money avoid the clinic see a real Dr.

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

from Arnold, MO

Comments about Walgreens Take Care Clinic:

I took my 6 year old daughter to the take care clinic for sore throat, headache, and fever. Arrived at 4:10pm and was informed by staff that they were closed and opened at 10:30 am the next day. I then asked if they had other patients because the sign clearly stated they were open until 4:30. Was told that they did not have any other patients but had paperwork to get done and had to leave by 4:30. Stated that they quit seeing patients at 4:00. Well then maybe closing time should be 4:00 not 4:30. I don't know of any doctors offices that quit seeing patients prior to closing time. When checking website could not find anywhere that says they quit seeing patients at 4:00 and also said most spots only take 20 min. Well we had 20 min left till closing but now my daughter has to wait another day.