2.1

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Reliability:
    • Content Variety/Availability:

WOW ~ Is the Wide Open West....Not like the old days!

Wow! Well what can I say. I think the name says it all. WOW, stands for Wide Open West. Funny how it isn't in the West anymore, from what I...Read complete review

Wow! Well what can I say. I think the name says it all. WOW, stands for Wide Open West. Funny how it isn't in the West anymore, from what I heard.

I've been a strong believer in, if it's working for you, why change it? Being a "Loyal Comcast Customer" for many years. And I mean many, many years. You try and call here and there, "Any specials going on?" Nope not at this time.

Well a representative from WOW, came walking around the neighborhood. This wasn't the first time, usually turned him or her down. Being happy with our service. This time the "Bundle Package ~ Phone, Internet and Cable" was just too tempting to pass up. Times being tight, everything keeps going up, but the paycheck. Our price quoted, guaranteed until I think 2013 or 2014. Not sure as this was, a little over a year maybe we made the switch. Written on paper, and also included a DVR. (Right, that's that thingy, records shows with no tapes or anything inserted?).

Well my family thinks it's the next best thing, besides sliced bread. Me, well lets just say I finally figured out how to watch the shows, my daughter records them for me. I should say, programs them. (That took some doing...lol). That really is a nice feature, as I am not home most evening to catch the few shows I enjoy.

It's funny, after we made the change to WOW, "Comcast" wanted us back...Umm, you had no deals for me when I called! Now since we switched your ready to make me an offer I should not refuse? That kind of business, lets just say I am not to fond of. Give me a "Good Deal ~ I've been Loyal" not "Wait, we want you back!" You just get rubbed the wrong way.

Customer Service
The customer service at WOW, we have had to call a couple of times. As we also did with our other provider. So that I think just goes with the territory, stuff is going to happen. We, haven't had any major issues. Maybe a small ~ short term outage, not lasting for very long at all. That's mainly been with the Cable to the T.V., not internet and phone had been affected. Just recently we had to swap out our box, I think the problem was with that.

Reliability
Our service with WOW, has been over~all very good. Speed is what we are use to. Not slower, nor faster. As I believe you can upgrade speed levels. We have, just the basic's Ma'am ~ that's all we need. Simple, yet reliable. The "Bundle" package has been, very much all there!

Content Variety/Availability
A recent cool feature, I (pats ones self on the back, he he) is the, "On Demand" feature. It's not just for pay T.V. but regular shows, as well. I think it goes back 4 weeks, or episodes. Now that's, COOL in case you forget to record or hear about a show, you were not aware of. Only downside to that, it's not available for every channel. I do like this feature WOW has, I'm not sure if all cable companies offer that now a days or not. I use to think it was for Per-view, an added extra cost.

Overall: We have been "Very Pleased" with WOW for our T.V., Internet and Phone Service, I glad we made the switch, it's like we are getting our phone service for free. It's about that much savings a month all wrapped up in one "Bundle Package."

WOW Cable -- Bad Service & Watch Your Pocket If You Quit Them!

I have HUGE issues with WOW from the service itself to their policies on when you cancel your service as well. I switched from WOW to Insight on November 9th because of a more competitive pricing package, plus technical issues I was experiencing with WOW Cable (quality of channels, sketchy connection so channels would get all pixelated, as well as some random issue with the guide where the guide would rapidly scroll through channels completely on its own).

My biggest issue with WOW is the $1100.00 they charged to my credit card on November 24th (two weeks after I cancelled my service) due to "un-returned" equipment. I had scheduled a service person to come pick up the equipment on November 17th but he did not show up, and within a week they had charged my credit card $1100??? I only had a cable modem and an HD DVR -- I was told that the HD DVR I had was $700 of those charges. Suffice it to say, I returned the equipment myself to the local WOW office, and now I am frantically dealing with getting my money credited back to my account. WOW Customer Service tells me that an Equipment Specialist (a WOW team based in Colorado) must review my account to ensure that the equipment is reusable and has been put back into inventory. Customer Service & Collections are useless except to initiate my request to have the Equipment Specialist team verify that I had returned my equipment. The Equiipment Specialist team are the ones who will charge your credit card for un-returned equipment and are the only ones who can refund your money as well.

If you plan on leaving WOW, please learn from my experience and do the following:

1. Cancel your service and tell customer service that you will drop off the equipment to your local WOW service office. Customer service will be able to tell you where that office is located.

2. Within a week, return the equipment to your local service office. Get a return receipt for each of your items. Ask the person processing your return to note your account that the items have been received.

3. Call Customer Service, tell them that you have returned your equipment, and provide them with the return receipt numbers.

4. Make sure that they initiate the Service Request to have an equipment specialist verify that the equipment has been returned.

In irony of all ironies, the same day that WOW charged my account, the local service tech called me to say that I was on his list of equipment pickups and could he come by to get the equipment?

Unbelievable. I will NEVER do business with WOW again.

WOW TV HORRIBLE

from cleveland , OH

Comments about WOW Cable:

If you want to be totally frustrated to the point you want to scream, then try using WOW
Their technical service is horrible and try to get someone in the US to help you...so polite, take your info and make you wait and then hang up on you. I just returned all of my equipment, paid my bill and good bye!

I have no choice, I must write this review

from James Island Sc.

Comments about WOW Cable:

I read the reviews listed on this site. I have been working hard and making every request possible to allow WOW to improve my service. I do have the 12 month special pricing. However, my experience in business is you offer introductory rates to attract customers, and of course, this introductory rate should provide the same high quality service as the full rate service. Unfortunately, WOW does not respect this concept. My internet service has been low quality and much less download speed than required for even two devices to work. I increased my speed from 30 to 60MBPS( as suggested by WOW ) and NOPE, DIDN'T HELP! Now my bill is higher, good for WOW, Bad for ME! AND I AM BEING CHARGED FOR MULTIPLE SERVICE CALLS because the service technicians wrote on their internal documents, " CUSTOMER ISSUE ". I am confused here...all I have done is pay for a professional installation from WOW for internet service, and in fact, I even rent their wireless router and I am paying for 90% more download speed than needed for streaming HD, NOT SUPER HD, just HD movies and when I cannot watch movies, and call WOW, they send a technician out so they can make some crazy statement, my lake of quality service is MY FAULT, THE CUSTOMER, MY FAULT for have so many service and drop out issues!!!. Maybe I just don't understand, even though, I have been an audio, video and lighting designer...not residential, commercial designer for 30 years. My specialty is wireless connection for my systems and Front of House Mixing engineer. I have much more but I will stop now. All WOW needs to do for me to continue through my introductory service and on to my full price service, is to admit it is their problem my service is so bad and remove my current and false service call charges...there, that's all I ask!

More Money, Less Service

from Huntsville, Al

Comments about WOW Cable:

They are called "WOW" because they leave you saying, "WOW! I can't believe they are in business!" If need to contact "customer service", set aside at least 4 hours of your time to sit on hold so you talk to someone who will (at a maximum) take 5 minutes to tell you that they can't help you and not even apologize for it. They increased my monthly bill by $15, when I questioned "why" it went up, they said they were being charged by the government for some "license" and they were passing the cost on to the customer. The y in fact, they are happy to lose customers and didn't mind it one bit. This is "why", this company was formally known as "knology" and it is only a matter of time that "wow" will go out if business and rebrand themselves in a different name. Remember this posting, if you use WOW and the first day you try to get in touch with customer service.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Worst service ever

from Ohio

Comments about WOW Cable:

I have had great service on my internet since I got WOW, but last Saturday, my 30mbps went to 12mbps, when I called and asked for help, they wanted to charge me $60 for a tech to come out!!! I pay on time every single month, $60 is more than I pay a month for my internet!!! He said there was nothing more they could do, either I pay $60 or I will not get what i pay for. I am getting rid of WOW...

Technical Support is HORRIBLE!

from st petersburg, fl

Comments about WOW Cable:

I am a customer of WOW in Florida! I called Monday because could not get onto the internet they set an appointment for Friday 8am-11am also told me if it my modem it would be a $50 service fee for coming out. So I went out and purchased a new modem, called and had them connect it and it worked. I did cancel the call, but next morning it was out again. I called WOW told the person I was talking to that my service was out and was being transferred to Tech Support, it transferred me to automatic service that kept saying I had an appointment on Fri 8am-11am. I checked my phone I made 8 calls to them the last being at 10:45am on Friday same recorded message. Call at 11:15 was on hold after speaking to someone for 45 minutes for her to come back and tell me I cancelled the call. I tried to explain I been calling all week and the auto service kept telling me of my Fri Appt. So now my appt is on MONDAY FROM 8AM TO 9PM!!!!!! "Cindy" of the "management team" a rep with a bit of authority not a manager first told me they did not have a automatic voice system that tells you of appointment times. We went back and forth for 20 minutes before she admitted there was one but did not know how it worked. On the TV the pic freezes and as of now no reliable internet service. THESE PEOPLE ARE WORST THAN VERIZON!!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! THE NAME NEEDS TO CHANGE TO WOW such a LOSER!

Lier poor customer service

from Panama city florida

Comments about WOW Cable:

Ever since I upgraded my service I have been lied to about pricing and billing....have been on the phone with then 3 times to fix the issues with billing still got it wrong...done going with another company

Wow has the worst, most incompetent customer service people

from Elgin, IL

Comments about WOW Cable:

Wow Cable and Internet has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. They left me waiting for 1 whole day and never showed up as promised and scheduled. Called to complain and no one knew what was going on. Asked to talk to a supervisor and one was not found....or so they said. I am sorry I am doing business with them.

WOW internet in Columbus, Ga. sucks

from Columbus, Ga.

Comments about WOW Cable:

I'm so sorry that I live in an apartment complex in Columbus, Ga. that forces me to use WOW. If I deducted money from my bill every time my internet is down, I would be saving some money. Every single night it's the same thing over and over!!!

dont be deceived

from Westerville.Ohio

Comments about WOW Cable:

i was with wow for about 15 years..than the bottom dropped out...prices went sky high...so i switched to TWC and its like they want to punish you..was charged a ridiculous amount for equipment..returned all but 2 digital adapter boxes which i was told would be at no charge if i requested them at a certain time frame..which i did..could not find 2 of them so they turned me into collections for $240... i have been hassled now for a year...would never in a million years do business with WOW again..i could go on and on with the issues i had with them but i just don't have the time right now...they have stressed me to the max

looking for better

from columbus Ga

Comments about WOW Cable:

have had WOW, formally knology for over 10 yrs. since WOW took over the bill has gone up up up and up again. The picture quality is horrible, pixels in and out, frozen pictures, garbled words, blank pictures with sound and so on. Even up graded to have better viewing as told by customer service, not so. Have had service techs out just about once a week, was finally told that I am not the only one, that since they switched to the newly government forced they were not ready for it and everyone is having the same problem and they don't know what to do. But yet today I find my bill has gone up again, saying it is the broadcaster that have forced them to raise their price once again. It is not only the cable, internet is also slow, having to reset many times a week. Was told needed a second wifi since we have too many electronics connecting, even up graded that, still it takes forever to load. Phone cuts out, no dial tones and has cracking noises. Course everything is our fault, old equipment, funny it works fine at other times. Most of our items are less than 2 yrs old. I work hard for my money and pay a hefty price to watch shows, surf the internet and make phone calls to have this much trouble.