3.8

WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

3.8

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the infomercial actually tells the truth!

I had been struggling with serious hair issues for a number of years, and when I tell you I'd tried just about every hair product out there I'm not exagerating.  But nothing was working.  My hair was damaged, brittle, a tangled mess, dull and lifeless.

Then I saw the infomercial for the Wen Hair Care Cleansing Conditioner.  My immediate reaction when I heard the statement "Your hair will be completely different after just one wash" was "Yeah, right".  but then I figured "what the heck, why not?" I'd tried everything else.

I tried it the day it arrived, and would you believe it?  My hair was completely different after just one wash.  I could brush it, style it, and it even began to see a bit of luster in it.  After a week, it was incredible how much better it looked, and after a few months of using it?  I was getting compliments from people about how great my hair was.

The only reason this product isn't getting 5 stars from me is that it makes my hair incredibly oily (whether I wash it every day, or every other day), so I can't use it as my only hair product.  After a few months of using it, I had to go down to alternating it with other shampoos/conditioners every few washes.  I even bought the "oily hair" version of the Wen hair care system, and it didn't really help.

Still, that being said, I still highly recommend the Wen Hair Care Cleansing Conditioner.  I just use it once in a while now, but even then, it immediately repairs whatever damage begins to creep in after using other shampoos for a while.

It is pricey, but in my opinion, well worth the price tag.

Not what I was hoping for.

Hi there!I wanted to like this product, I really did.  I have spent a lot of time learning something about the chemistry of cosmetics and what shouldn't be involved with your hair and skin, and I was impressed with the list on Wen's label.You use this product a little differently than a normal shampoo, and I was following the instructions carefully.  I have long, curly hair that tends to dryness, as most curlies do (something to do with the oil not being able to slide down the shaft as easily as straights).  I have a lot of individual hairs, but they are not especially thick.  I was really hoping this was going to be a one stop shop for me, as indicated, because I normally wash about twice a week and then it is a wrestle with products from there.  Without any additional serum, lotion, curl creme, etc, my hair felt nice but it looked AWFUL.  Frizzy and poofy and not at all like I was hoping for.  Since I really cannot wash often, I was stuck in a bun for a few days.  The next time I used part of my regular routine after washing, and there was improvement, but at this point, to get my hair looking nice I have to use the full regimen of curly hair product (serum, leave in conditioner, curl booster, curl cream, gloss spray), and at the price of Wen, I was hoping to be able to leave some of that out.I would pay any amount of money to keep my long hair looking the way I want it to.On the other hand, I have been using this on my 6 year old, who was long, fine, blonde hair, and it has let her hair soft and shiny, and not needing to be washed every day as I have had to previously.  Lots of people rave about this product, so it might be worth a shot if your hair is different than mine, but it just did not work for me.  Sorry, Chaz!

Not the most conditioning

from Pennsylvania

Comments about WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner:

I have very thick, naturally wavy hair and it tends to be a little dry. I like Wen Sweet Almond Mint, but it was not the most conditioning. I loved the way it was thick and smoothed on and tingled your scalp. When used with plenty of water (your hair has to be completely soaked and dripping and you still have to splash lots of water in when you massage the conditioner in to fully work) my hair was smoother and immediately untangled in the shower. I then rinsed out and repeated as the directions say, but this time I piled my hair on top of my head, put a shower cap on and continued to shave my legs for ten minutes. This helped a lot, and I realized that the longer you leave Wen in, truly the better it works. You really cannot be in a rush when using Wen. However, after my shower and towel drying, I was not satisfied with my damp hair (it is usually much softer), so I jumped back in the shower and used regular conditioner, followed by leave-in conditioner after the shower. Wen does a good job cleansing, it smells great and feels tingly, but it did not condition as well as my cheap conditioner does. For the expensive price it goes for, it ought to condition better! However I am told that the Fig scent is the most hydrating/moisturizing so perhaps that would condition better.

WEN CLEANSING CONDITIONER

from Oakland, CA

Comments about WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner:

WEN is absolutely amazing!! My hair was so damaged and wouldn't grow. Now its healthy again and its doesn't fall out anymore. I had beautiful curls as a child but then I started getting perms and using lots of heat on my hair. I tried so many things to get it healthy again and WEN was the only thing that worked. I love WEN and I even use it on my 3 year old.

I love the natural aspect of this conditioner.

Profile Image

from West Virginia

Comments about WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner:

I ordered this conditioner in a package deal that came with the shampoo, conditioner, and a couple bonus items. I had to order it online because I haven't been able to find it in store.

I try to add more natural and organic products into my routine as I try them out and like them and this one has definitely made an impact on me. The conditioner actually smells like real mint. I don't notice any almond scent but the mint smells as if I just went outside and picked a sprig of fresh mint leaves.

The bottle on this product has a great pump on it that makes it easy to use in the shower. I love a product with a pump bottle because my hands do not slip while trying to get the product out of the bottle and because I can use it one handed in the shower.

When I first used this conditioner, I was worried that the mint would dry my hair out but that wasn't the case. The conditioner is a bit thinner than I usually like but that didn't hurt it's staying power at all. It only says to leave the conditioner on for a couple minutes but I chose to leave the conditioner on for about fifteen minutes. I piled my hair up on the back of my head and put a cap over it to give the product time to set in and work some magic on my three feet of hair.

I noticed that my senses were intrigued right away with this product. My scalp felt tingly and perky and my nose really enjoyed the scent. The conditioner detangles while it moisturizes. I can run my comb through my hair after I use this and I don't have to fight to get the comb through.

For a natural product, I expected to not get as much detangling and conditioning as I usually enjoy but I was able to get both with this product.

My hair felt great after using this. I didn't notice any shedding or damage to my color treated hair. It would be nice if this conditioner left me with a little more gloss and shine but my hair still felt soft and manageable. I didn't have any trouble styling my hair after conditioning either.

My hair was soft to the touch after using WEN. My hair had a great smell to it as well. I noticed this has plenty of detangling power and that my hair is much healthier after using the WEN set.

It has a nice mint scent to it. The scent is very natural smelling.

Smells good does little.

from Rome,GA

Comments about WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner:

Here is another example of everyone has different tastes and ideas of quality. My wife's friend insisted she try this product saying it was the best she had ever used. I can only assume she hasn't tried many at all. This is probably one of the very worst products i have ever tried. The only saving grace I found was that it did indeed have a very pleasant scent, outside of this the product has no real redeeming qualities for my family or myself. I found not only the performance of the product lacking but the overall shape and style of bottle makes it difficult to handle with wet hands. If your hair needs no conditioning but you want the scent the product would be useful for that. I would have thought that for a product of this size at the price it was marked should have been better quality in my opinion. I don't think I would buy or recommend this product to anyone, nor use it myself again.

Not very effective at all. I can only assume if you used a lot of it maybe it would be more effective.

Smells great but that's all it does well.

Kind of disappointing

from Edmeston, NY

Comments about WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner:

I bought this because the advertising on TV said that it was great for preserving hair coloring for a longer time, but I didn't find it to be different from the other products I have been using. Also, I found it to be confusing because I thought I was getting a shampoo, but it says cleansing conditioner. I finally figured out that it is actually also a shampoo. I am still a little unsure, but I am using it as such. I like the smell and it does make my hair feel soft, but again the television advertising said that the clean would last a long time and I felt that my hair started feeling oily after a few days, which was also disappointing. I do like that it has natural ingredients, but I think that for what you get the product is expensive even though they do give discounts.

As a conditioner, I think this product is pretty effective. It made my hair soft and silky feeling. But as a cleanser, it is only so so.

It has a kind of pleasant, unique scent which I kind of like.

I just cannot get used to this stuff.

Comments about WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner:

I am sure that this cleansing conditioner from WEN really works for some people, because it does seem like a great, well made product from my experience. Unfortunately it just did not work very good at all for my routine, or my budget for that matter. I had followed the info commercials for this product on the television for a very long time, always wanting to try it out. When I finally decided to try the no shampoo route I purchased this Sweet Almond Mint conditioner in hopes that it would completely replace my shampoo routine. Well, the first time I used it I was really confused about how much I was supposed to use, how long to lather, and the whole entire process in general. I used way too much product the first time and quickly realized how short of a time the big bottle I had ordered would actually last me. After my hair dried, it felt very greasy and unclean, it didn't even smell that great either. I thought it was just a trial period and my hair would adjust, but I just never got used to it and had to switch back to regular shampoo to get my hair feeling clean again.

WEN Cleansing Conditioner = Greasy, flat hair

Comments about WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner:

The Bottom Line: I will say this simply: I hate this product and what it did to my hair. The only reason I give it a 3 is because of the awesome scent. The two-step process with using this cleansing conditioner requires you to go through a bottle within about 10 days if you have long hair. It left my fine hair greasy, limp, and almost straw like and the product buildup over time was unbelievable. I have no idea why such product costs so much, and it is, in my honest opinion, a complete waste of money.

If you read the direction on how to use this product, you will see that it involves A LOT of product and a lot of time in the shower. But if you can get past that detail, and if you have finer hair, this product will leave your hair completely limp and devoid of any volume whatsoever. It also made my hair feel greasy within a few hours of washing my hair, and I could not do anything with it no matter how hard I tried. It create a massive amount of buildup in your hair, even if you don't use the product as a leave-in conditioner as prescribed in the direction. I wanted to like because of the wonderful scent but it failed to leave my hair clean and healthy looking as promised.

The is the absolutely ONLY redeeming quality of this product. I do love the scent of sweet almond and mint, it goes quite well together and makes for a wonderful scent overall. But that is not enough to make me want to buy this product ever again.

Simply a-mazing!

Comments about WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner:

I tried this conditioner for the first time a couple of months ago as a promotional deal. It is a little expensive but so very much worth it. The smell is amazing and the way it makes my hair feel, there's just no comparison. Some things are well worth paying more for and this is definitely one of those products. My hair feels clean, not oily, greasy or weighed down by the conditioner. It does not take much either to treat all of my hair. You just massage it into your scalp, make sure you are getting the product evenly distributed from root to tip and let it sit for a couple of minutes before rinsing.

This conditioner is fantastic. It is very effective at leaving hair soft and healthy as well as making my scalp feel revived and tingly from the almond mint. It is also safe for all hair types.

The combination of the sweet almond and mint complement each other very well to make the conditioner smell amazing. It leaves a lasting scent on my hair long after I have dried and styled it.

WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner really works!

Comments about WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner:

When I purchased this hair system off of TV, I truly expected to receive a product that was ho-hum. Much to my surprise and delight this shampoo conditioner is a wonderful product that does all it claims. It leaves hair feeling soft, clean and healthy! If I don't add any additional products to my hair it styles beautifully. Worth the money!

I love the way my hair feels after using this shampoo. It really does feel healthier and manageable.

The Sweet Almond Mint smell is delightful! I love almond anything anyway, so may be partial, but even the hint of mint makes it even more pleasant.

Do not waste your time or money on this garbage!

Comments about WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner:

Couldn't even get my fingers through my hair after using this junk! My hair still felt and smelled dirty and styling was a nightmare! Worst of all, they continued to charge my card even after I cancelled my subscription. Save yourself the trouble and don't purchase.

Doesn't clean, doesn't moisturize. Basically doesn't live up to any of it's claims. I am not sure what product they are using on the infomercials, but it is certainly not the product they are trying to peddle. After a week of daily use of Wen, my hair literally felt and behaved ten times worse than it did before I began using it. It was so dry, limp, frizzy, stiff and unmanageable, I couldn't even get a comb in it! Felt like I had just rinsed my hair with dish detergent and rubbing alcohol, not even exaggerating.

The only plus I can award this product is that the product itself smelled pretty good, but none of that translated to my hair itself due to the fact that this terrible product doesn't actually clean anything. I think it would be more effective as a sweet smelling body lotion.