Other Early Development Toys:
VTech
Vtech tote n go laptop

Vtech tote n go laptop

my daughter loves her VTech Tote N Go Laptop

My daughter received the VTech Tote N Go Laptop for Christmas this year and she is absolutely in love with it! Her version is pink, perfect for any pink-loving girl.

The...Read complete review

The VTech Tote N Go Laptop is great because it teaches a wide range of skills including numbers, letters, counting, logic and problem solving. Depending on your child's age and skill level, there are easy games such as selecting the correct letter and counting objects and selecting the correct number, all the way up to filling in the blanks on a word and addition and subtraction.

The menus are easy to navigate, my three and a half year old was able to figure out how to navigate throughout the entire program in a matter of hours. With the selection of four main areas of learning including numbers, letters, games and music, there are a wide variety of activities within each area. The screen is nothing fancy, it really simplistic and has no color, but that should be expected with such an affordable learning system. The laptop has a monkey that is like a guide to each activity, which can get slightly annoying at times. I like the fact that the monkey nicely tells children when their answer is wrong and encourages them to choose a different answer. If they do not select the correct answer, it politely tells them the correct answer.

For younger children that are first starting out, it might be difficult for them to manage the mouse that is attached to the laptop-- it is definitely a learned skill that can take him to master. I also do not like the fact that you cannot adjust the volume. If I'm feeling super overwhelmed, I will ask my daughter to take her laptop in her room so I can actually hear myself think.

Overall the VTech Tote N Go Laptop is a fun way for children to learn about the use of computers and master basic number and letter skills.

Vtech Tote n go laptop

My daughter picked this out her self but it has mostly just sat since then. I don't like the fact that the key are not in the order of a regular keyboard. There is no color on the screen. The music is annoying. My daughter is three and she has a leapfrog leapster that she uses with no problems. The most that she does with this toy is use it to pretend to check her email. The mouse is alright but she doesn't really get how to use it she gets borred with it to quickly. I am glad that it didn't cost that much. I do not see this becoming a favorite toy anytime soon. The screen is also pretty small. At this point I can not tell you if it is durable or not as it has sat on a shelf more that it has been played with. It is cute but the games really need to be more ingaging for children. If it was color or maybe the screen was bigger or the graphic better she might play with it more. It has not taught her anything at this point. She turns it on makes some noise with it and then is done.

Lovely

Comments about Vtech tote n go laptop:

My daughter received this for her birthday this past year, and she absolutely fell in love with it. It has helped her grow and learn so much! She plays on it everyday! :) I love the pink color as well, my son has one that is orange, so it is nice to be able to decipher whose laptop is whose :)

Big Girl Now!!!

Comments about Vtech tote n go laptop:

I love this product! This is one item I would definitely buy if one has a daughter or a female relative in the age range that is at the I want to be like mommy phase. Best part is, while they are role playing, they are learning as well! This product offers a large variety of entertainment for your child.

Would recommend for younger children.

Comments about Vtech tote n go laptop:

This is a cute little laptop. It has nice educational activities/games on it. I bought this for my daughter and sadly, she didn't play with it much at all. My kids all know how to play games and do things on regular computers so my daughter was bored with this and she also didn't like the fact that the mouse couldn't be moved around. (Which would be a good thing for smaller children.) I would recommend this for young children and children without any experience with computers because when you go from a big colorful screen and regular mouse to this, it's a bit of a disappointment. On the plus side, my niece just turned two and loves this computer and wants to play with it all the time. :)

Great laptop

Comments about Vtech tote n go laptop:

I bought this laptop on black Friday, so I'm not sure how much it normally cost. It's a great toy though! My oldest daughter learns a lot from it and she gets really excited answering questions and getting them right. It also plays music which is both of my daughters favorite thing. They play with it and fight over it constantly! If you have more then one child I would recommend getting them each their own. The batteries have lasted a long time too!

Love it

Comments about Vtech tote n go laptop:

I got this for my child for her birthday and she loved it. Not only is it stylish but it is also easy to mobilize. The programs that are on the mini laptop are very educational and age appropriate. I am satisfied overall with the price, quality of educational software and the cute pink color. Its great!

Daughter Loves IT!

from Saint Cloud, FL

Comments about Vtech tote n go laptop:

We found this on sale and decided to give it a try and glad we did. The sound quality is good and this offers alot of games for your kids to choose on. Of course, you can not compare it with an ipad or any tablet but for its price and functionality, it is good! What I love is this reinforce her knowledge on ABC's and numbers with a variety of ways of learning it: ABC's phonics, beggining letter/sounds/ finding the letters/pairing the upper with lower keys. In terms of Numbers: Identification, Counting, Patters. Plus alot more like logic and games. This is something you can let your child play with at 1 and enjoys more as she grows.It comes too with 2 or 3 colors. Something you can consider if you are looking for an educational toy plus your child can carry this anywhere too!

My kids love the music!

from Waterford, CT

Comments about Vtech tote n go laptop:

This lap top has a lot of great games to help kids learn and play. The music feature gets used a lot around here. The mouse is a nice touch as well. The toy is very durable and works great after being dropped multiple times on a hard floor. My only issue is that the screen is not backlit, so it is not usable in the dark, although I wouldn't want anyone staying up all night playing with it either, it is really only an issue on car trips if the sun sets and the child wants to play with it in the dark. Otherwise it is good entertainment for my kids, ages 1 and almost 3. They don't seem to tire of playing it at all and it hasn't needed new batteries not once since we recieved it.

My kid digs this toy!

from Wichita, KS

Comments about Vtech tote n go laptop:

My almost 4 yr old has really enjoyed this laptop that she got for Christmas. The games are really educational. The only thing I don't like is how small the screen is and it took her a little while to understand how to work the mouse.

Daughter likes it

from Clarksville, TN

Comments about Vtech tote n go laptop:

My 2 year old got this on her 2nd bday. Shes a bit young for it so she doesnt understand how to use it but she likes to think she does. My only issue is the screen is so small. But they all are on these childrens computers.

Vtech Tote n go laptop