3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Good learning toy for baby

I purchased the Vtech Move and Crawl Ball for my niece as a birthday gift for her to play with when she is in my care. She spends a lot of time with me so it is important that she has plenty of toys to keep her attention. My niece was 10 months old, crawling and on the verge of walking. For the first few weeks the brightly colored ball kept her attention and made her very happy. The ball is motorized, has a few buttons to push that teach babies about numbers and bugs. The animal buttons teach baby animals and their sounds to help with learning and memorization. The lady bug on top is probably the most catching feature and it draws the child in from the beginning. There are over 40 sound effects, songs and phrases to keep baby entertained. The toy takes three AA batteries and they are easy to change when needed. Overall I think this is a good toy but it is probably one that will not hold most childrens attention for long. It might be a good toy to put up and only take out on occasion to keep it exciting for them.

The Vtech Ball Was Interesting to Baby but Not Infatuating

The Vtech Move & Crawl Ball is a toy designed to provide many different developmental benefits.  Those benefits seem to come to fruition with the toy, but there seems to be a relatively short "shelf life" when it comes to the baby actually caring about the toy.  Our baby daughter was given the Vtech ball at about seven or eight months of age, and she was interested in it almost immediately.  It never became her favorite toy, but she would check it out, play with it, and sometimes giggle at the sounds it would make.  There were other times though, when it just seemed to be getting in her way as she sought out other toys in the house.

The Vtech Move & Crawl Ball is designed to speak and roll around while the baby is playing with it, and has interactive buttons and sliding toys to make it more fun.  The ball sings songs, makes animal noises, and even asks questions of the baby.  Those questions though never seemed to interest her much, other than the fact that the toy was making noise.  With all of this, Vtech claims that the toy provides the developmental benefits of language development, sensory stimulation, discover & exploration, and motor skills.  The moving ball does keep the attention of the baby, and she did try to move it around, but I am not sold on the fact that she understood what the ball was ever saying.

For mild entertainment, the Vtech Move & Crawl Ball wasn't the worst toy that we have given her, and there were times where she was very interested in it.  One thing that is a big negative though, is how heavy the ball is in its construction.  It took her a long time before she could actually lift it by herself, and now that she can it seems dangerous at times.  Still though, the toy did provide some interactive fun for a short time, and the smiles were worth having it.  It gets a mild recommendation, but this wasn't a life changing toy for our daughter.

Good learning toy for baby

from Florida

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Colorful and Fun
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean

Cons

• Child bores easily

• Crawlers
  • Infants
  • Special Needs

A Beloved Bargain

Comments about Vtech Move and Crawl Ball:

I actually purchased this toy second hand from a church garage sale. I wanted some toys to keep around my home for when my then new grandson came over. I think I paid 50 cents for this toy and took it home, cleaned it up and put new batteries in it. My grandson adored it and I would put him on a quilt on the floor and he would crawl and roll all over the floor chasing this ball and playing with it. Well my grandson has now went off to kindergarden and a new grandson has come along. Again I have chubby little legs on another quilt chasing this ball all over the living room and playing the music and pushing the buttons. Not sure when this toy was made but it is obviously a very well made toy to last this long and still all the buttons continue to work and the paint is as bright as the day I bought it, it still lights up and all the songs play. What a great inexpensive, safe and durable toy for your toddlers.

Fun Crawl Ball!

Comments about Vtech Move and Crawl Ball:

The crawl ball delights our baby with its cute colors, sounds, songs and motion. It definitely entices a baby to crawl after it as it rolls and rocks around the floor. As parents we appreciate the high and low volume control, as well as the auto shut-off functionality.

At 13 months I'm surprised how much enjoyment our little one still gets out of the toy. It is intriguing and one that regularly gets pulled out of the pile for a closer look and some fun interaction.

The style is gender neutral and the songs and voices bring big smiles and clapping hands. We weren't sure if this would be an annoying toy to listen to or not when we first turned it on, but on the lower volume it has proven to be very tolerable unlike many other toys that feature lights and sounds.

The best feature is by far the rotation and rolling action. It's like a weeble-wobble on battery power and just keeps moving around the room this way and that. The variety of movement keeps things interesting for little ones!

Pushing my child to crawl.

Comments about Vtech Move and Crawl Ball:

My child is determined to not crawl, that's right, he has no desire to crawl whatsoever. So my husband bought a few crawling toys and my son's favorite by far is the Vtech Move and Crawl Ball. This ball did a great job at holding his attention and pushing him to crawl. A couple of days after starting to play with this ball he began scooting more, and both my husband and myself saw an improvement in his scooting. I would highly recommend purchasing this ball if you want to encourage crawling.

Fun, but not very safe.

Comments about Vtech Move and Crawl Ball:

I purchased this for my daughter when she was around seven months old. The main purpose of the ball is to promote crawling, however my daughter was more interested with it's other features. I found it hard for her to actually play with the ball since it rolled all over the place. Also this ball is heavy, I was always afraid to bring it out when other kids were around. It could easily be dropped on small toes, fingers, and even heads.

It helped a little

Comments about Vtech Move and Crawl Ball:

This Vtech Move and Crawl ball was helpful with encouraging my son to crawl (he wasn't motivated to move before this toy), but I wasn't a huge fan of this ball. He often hurt himself on it. Sometimes he would get himself up and the ball would roll under him and he would hit his face/mouth every now and then. The ball is very sturdy and does last.

cute little toy!

Comments about Vtech Move and Crawl Ball:

My daughter got this on her first birthday and she loved it! It plays music, sounds and lights up. It also rolls around on the floor by itself. My daughter thought that was so funny! It has a lot of buttons for little ones to press and it's a very entertaining toy!

Great for active babies!

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Vtech Move and Crawl Ball:

I absolutely love this vtech move and crawl ball. I had no idea what it really did, it kind of just looked like a ball with some numbers and buttons and I figured it was probably just a push button light up toy. But when I put the batteries in and turned it on my little 7 month old twins went into shock. They loved it immediately. Not only did the ball talk but I guess there is some sort of sensor in it because when they go near it or touch it the ball literally slowly rolls around on its own. it is absolutely amazing. its exciting for the babies and theyre learning the fun way. It also has different settings on the toy where they can switch it from counting to abcs to different songs. And theres this little cute lady bug on it that swizzles around as the ball moves. It is absolutely adorable and I missed it so much when my babies got too big because of how much they loved it. I would highly recommend this toy to anyone with a baby 5 months or older. Great product or gift for expecting mothers.

Watch out might get tossed!

from Chicopee, MA

Comments about Vtech Move and Crawl Ball:

I had this for both kids, my daughter loved it and used to crawl around chasing it! My son on the other hand just used to try to throw it like a ball! I eventually had to take it away because I thought he would break something! Other than that it is a fun toy!

Not a fan of the VTech Move and Crawl Ball.

from Selkirk, NY

Comments about Vtech Move and Crawl Ball:

In my opinion the VTech Move and Crawl Ball is a waste of money.  It really is not that entertaining and moves slow.  My infant lost interest rather quickly and would have been more entertained by a regular ball that did not light up.  It also did not last too long and some of the buttons started to stick.  The ball is rather noisy and more of an annoyance than anything else.  Yes there were some cool light up features, and some interactive stuff, but it never kept my kids interests.  It was not very durable either, I felt after a few months of use it started sticking.  My son could actually crawl faster than the ball could move so it really was not a challenge for him.  I will admit once the ball kept sticking and I become really annoyed by it I tossed it.  I personally would not waste my money on this.  It is also pretty heavy and drains batteries.  I would rather purchase another toy instead of this one.  Was not a big hit with my kids.