Other Space Heaters:

Vornado Portable AVH2 Vortex Heater

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

The Vornado is Hot! Hot! Hot!

**Summary**I live in a very old house and often times in the middle of the Chicago winter it gets very drafty in our rooms. We have purchased several portable heaters in all styles for our childrens rooms to keep them warmer. The Vornado hands down is my favorite portable heater.

**The Vornado compared with other models**We have owned the stand-up style, the long radiator-style and the Vornado style. I have to say, this is definitely my favorite heater. The others appear slightly more advanced in terms of programming, buttons and digital display. However, in most cases, I found those confusing to use and easy to reset with kids around. So, I would take the Vornado one any day. The Vornado has a turn button to control the temperature and is very simple to use.

**Heating**The Vornado heater was able to heat a 1,000 sqft room when put on high. Shocking! I don't recommend it for an area that large, but it goes to show you that for a small unit, the Vornado has a lot of horsepower.

Overall, I have been super pleased with the performance of the Vornado. It heats up a room, takes up a small amount of space and isnt a complete eye sore.

The heater is super easy to use with just a flip of the button and the selection of a setting.

My heater has held up for several winters now. I couldnt image life in the cold without it.

The design of the heater is as simple as can be. Again, definitely not an eye sore.

Safety
Can not really speak to the safety of the product other than it doesnt ever get super hot. And, honestly, Im not certain if it has an automatic shut off. We are super dilligent about using this heater and overall safety.

Not Worth It

I have a regular fan made by Vornado so when I saw this one I thought it would work great.  I wanted a small heater for my room and I thought the fan would help circulate the hot air throughout the air.  Boy was I wrong.  It's a great fan if you're sitting right in front of it, as in one to two feet away from it, but as you get farther from it the fan forced air gets colder and colder.  It was totally not worth the cost and I ended up returning it.  I think fan forced heating is a good option to have but it's best if you choose a fan that has an on/off option for the fan forced air.  If you're looking for a fan forced air heater, there's a lot of cheaper options out there.  If you're looking for continuous/constant heat go with a convection or radiant heater.  It's unfortunate that this little heater didn't live up to expectaions but live and learn, now I know what types of heaters to stay away from.

An Awesome Heatef

from Waco, Texas

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Energy Efficient
  • Heats the Whole Room
  • Powerful
  • Quiet
  • Safe

Cons

• Bedroom

Comments about Vornado Portable AVH2 Vortex Heater:

This is an awesome heater lately it has been really cold here in Texas in the early morning hours. We put this heater in the little boy's room. It warmed up their room very quickly. It is a nice little quite heater, perfect for any small room and/or bathroom. It has a feature that cuts off, if it needs to. It also matches any decor, it's very cute. I highly recommend it. The price is great and worth every penny for the features alone. I love it. #FREEforReview #Allopinoinsaremine

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Quiet and efficient heater.

Comments about Vornado Portable AVH2 Vortex Heater:

My Vornado heater has been a true work horse this winter. I runs constantly in my small, 12 x 12 foot office and has kept it toasty warm. I have not seen a large increase in my electricity bill. It is very efficient. I really like that it has numerous settings and is very quiet. Also, it is not a bulky design and is sturdy.

A nice heater for work!

Comments about Vornado Portable AVH2 Vortex Heater:

This is a heater that I like to drag around while traveling primarily because of its size and competency. It is not a replacement for a proper heater but does its job well.

This has a huge fan on it and could probably function well as a cooling fan as well because it pumps out so much air. This helps make it a great heater.

If you can turn a knob you can use it.

This is also good as a travel heater because of the fact that is can take a ton of abuse without any issues in functioning. I love it for this fact if nothing alone.

It looks pretty boring but I don't need flair in a heater.

Safety
    It is a very safe heater and I don't doubt its safety profile one bit.

Feel the heat!

from Trumbull, CT

Comments about Vornado Portable AVH2 Vortex Heater:

This is a very good heater to help keep you warm when the weather gets really cold and you do not want to turn up your thermostat too high.

It is very quiet and heats up the space very well. It has settings so you can adjust the temperature and heat to what you feel most comfortable with.

It could not be easier to use. Just plug it in, choose your setting and turn it on. You will then feel some extra heat when the weather is cold.

Very well made and durable. Not cheap or flimsy at all.

It keeps a room warm while looking good doing it. The design is nice to look at and it is not noisy at all.

Safety
    very good safety features so you do not need to worry about fires. Although I would never leave it on unattended.

Love the Vornado heater

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Vornado Portable AVH2 Vortex Heater:

We got the Vornado Vortex heater for a Christmas present. It is a different concept to heaters, but we really like it. It doesn't seem like things are getting warmer sometimes, but if you leave the room and come back you will tell the difference for sure. This is a great heater that is safe to use around babies and pets because it doesn't get hot.

This is a Good Supplementary Heater

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about Vornado Portable AVH2 Vortex Heater:

Don't expect this little guy to heat a large space, but if you need a little extra warmth for yourself, this Vornado Portable AVH2 Vortex Heater is good to have. I'm one of those people who gets cold easily. I start to complain if the thermostat is below 73 degrees, and sometimes shiver when I open the refrigerator. The people I live with sometimes complain because I have been known to turn the temperature up to 85 degrees and they come home to what they call an oven. Well sorry, it feels good to me!
    So I got this small space heater so I could have my warmth and keep the peace. It's small enough that I can take it from room to room. I like it best in the bathroom so I can keep that fresh cozy warm feeling after I step out of a hot shower. Man, that is so nice! I used to dread coming out of the relaxing warmth of the shower just to feel my muscles tense as the cold air hits my wet skin. Well, I'm happy to say that is no longer an issue!

This heater is good for small rooms. I sometimes have it in my bathroom and it is toasty warm in about ten to fifteen minutes.

This heater does not have all the bells and whistles that the fancier heaters do, but that can be a wonderful thing thing because there aren't a bunch of buttons and dials that can be confusing.

This little Vornado has a solid construction, and consistantly puts out a good amount of heat.

It's so light weight you can carry it wherever you need it easily, and this heater is small so it can easily be stashed easily away just about anywhere.

Safety
    This heater runs silently. That can be a good thing for obvious reasons, but it can easily be left on. I haven't done this yet, (knock on wood) but I suggest checking to make sure it's off when you are finished with it. Having said that, if it gets knocked over it will automatically shut itself off.

Portable power and warmth

from Bedminster, NJ

Comments about Vornado Portable AVH2 Vortex Heater:

If you are looking for a portable and powerful heater look no further than the Vornado Portable AVH2 Vortex Heater.
    I love that you can easily move this heater from room to room so you don't have to invest in multiple units. It is perfect and safe for a little ones bedroom but powerful enough to put into the family room on a chilly day so everyone can be comfy without cranking up the heat and having an expensive bill at the end of the month.

This Vornado portable heater features a cool touch cabinet which is a must for a family with young children and pets. The other big selling points for me were both the tip-over protection switch as well as the heat overload protection. I tested the tip-over protection prior to leaving it in my child's room and it works like a charm.

This is a great unit for a great price - I highly recommend.

• Safety:

Anything Vornado is great!

from White Plains, NY

Comments about Vornado Portable AVH2 Vortex Heater:

It is compact and can heat a large room quickly. It is quiet too.

10 minutes and my 14 by 14 room is toasty. I t doe snot even look like a heater. We all use them but are embarassed that we look cheap

safe and easy what more to say?

their products last forever!

efficient

from Westbrook, MN

Comments about Vornado Portable AVH2 Vortex Heater:

We gave this heater to our son, whose bedroom is small, but very cool in the winter. He requested this particular heater and we checked it out at several different stores, got the best buy at menards, and he LOVES it

this nice sized heater heats his whole bedroom and keeps him toasty all night, without us having to worry about safety

different settings and very easy to use

Our son isn't always the most careful with his things, so am sure this gets bumped around in his messy bedroom, but it runs great and keeps him warm

Its smaller and very nice looking, I wouldn't mind having it set around anywhere in my house

Safety
    It has great safety features, which is one of the reasons we bought this particular heater...especially since its kept in our children's room, and we don't have to worry..

Vornado Portable Vortex Heater is adequate for our needs

from Greensboro, NC

Comments about Vornado Portable AVH2 Vortex Heater:

I'm not over the moon impressed by this heater, but it is adequate for the task. It heats small spaces fairly well and I like that it's a smaller size than others.

This vortex heater works well in small spaces, but is pretty much useless in larger areas.

Super easy to use, super easy to store. I'd say that this is its primary win in the category. I've had other heaters that were a pain because they were too large and clunky.

This heater has had no performance issues so I'd say the durability is very good.

It has a pretty simple design, nothing special.

Safety
    I believe the safety is fair on this product. Thankfully we've never had to experience any issues.