Other Flat Screen TVs:
Vizio
L42HDTV
Vizio - Television

Vizio - Television

Wonderful LCD HDTV for a very competitive price.

A good, sound, LCD flat screen HDTV for a very good price. With a screen made by Samsung, and components coming out of Korea, they have managed to produce a dependable, very affordable, 42 inch flat screen that compares with the other brands with similar specs for a third less cost.

The Vizio is 720p High Definition, not the 1080p, the very high High Definition, but for those not wanting to spend all that extra dough for those extra pixels, this TV is a good way to go.  I found the non high def, and high def viewing to be quite acceptable.

I was also very pleased with the sound quality for the money.  I had read in several consumer publications stating that the trick to acquiring a good buy in a new LCD was to look for superior sound quality as that was what set many of the flat screens apart from one another, with the rest of the stats being somewhat redundant in the product line.  I found myself very impressed with the tonal quality, and the ability to tweak the sound of the Vizio to one's personal preferences.

Not a 5 star HDTV, but a solid 4 star, and I would highly recommend this as a good bargain in the 42" market.

Great product for good price

Visio has a good picture quality and a lot of great features and the best part is that it won't break the bank!  This brand was rated very high by consumer reports.  It was great quality for a good price.  The brand has few complaints from consumers and most people find this brand easy to set up and use.  If I can set it up, anyone can!  You could go for priceier for the status or you can get the same thing in this product for less!

Quality TV at an affordable price

from Livin' on the edge of the world, FL

Comments about Vizio - Television:

This was our first Vizio and our first flat screen TV, so we weren't sure what to expect. We have now had this TV for around 4 yrs and we love it.
It has been a great TV.

We will definitely buy Vizio again and we recommend them!

Picture Quality
It has a wonderful picture with all the options to change the screen sizes and it has picture in picture, if you like using that feature.

Sound Quality
It has quality sound although the sound in general is low. Many times we have the volume turned up pretty high to over shadow other noises in the room.
For movies we turn on our surround sound for that optimum sound.

We have had this tv for 4 yrs and it's still going strong thru several moves. I would say it's very durable.

The design is great, although it's a little heavy, it's slim and doesn't need much room. You need more room for the width depending on the size you get. They come large, lol.

This TV easily can be set up for use on a universal remote. This TV is great for gaming systems also since it has large screen and bright vivid colors.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Son loves it

from Hopewell Junction, NY

Comments about Vizio - Television:

Definitely worth the money. This TV has an awesome overall picture quality making you feel like you are part of the scenery.

Picture Quality
Last year, we bought a Vizio for my son. It is a flat screen 42 inch 1080p LCD HDTV and was he too thrilled. Until last year, he had a regular TV and wanted the HD because of the cable HD channels so we decided to break down. After all, he graduated high school, was moving on to a local college and deserved it. Knowing barely anything at all about HD TVs and Flat Screens and Plasma TVs, I decided I needed to do my homework and research. I looked at different brand TVs online and talked to family and friends to get some of their advice, good bad or indifferent. The Vizio brand came in with best reviews with all positive feedback. IT WAS ALL TRUE!! The picture quality is bright, full of color, with a clear visual view making you feel like you are part of the scenery. The TV itself is very lightweight making it easy to reposition and fits right on top of a dresser. I am so happy with the performance that this year an additional Vizio may be purchased for this family.

Sound Quality
We purchased a sound bar for the audio to get surround stereo.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

Greatest TV on the market

from Chelan, WA

Comments about Vizio - Television:

After buying the VIZIO 42" plasma TV, I thought I would go to Wal-Mart and pick up this 26" LCD.. WOW ,I am so glad I did.. It has a great pic. and the sound is better than my 42".. You want a good TV and NOT pay an arm&leg. Then get this one.. You will not be sorry..

The best TV I ever owned.

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Vizio - Television:

This is my first HD TV and after reviewing others the quality of this one was the best I have ever seen for the price. If you want to have a great HD TV for the money that works as well as those expensive ones this is definitely the one. I hooked this up on my wall in my bedroom and added surround sound to it. The sound was already great but I like that movie theater feel and the sound now is just like that. I probably won't be going to the movies as much because I brought the movie theater home and can now have the same experience.

We may have got a lemon but don't know yet

from Central, IN

Comments about Vizio - Television:

TV worked great for the first month or so.  Thought we were having cable troubles but finally figured it was the TV when we tried to watch a DVD.  We are going to go an exchange it but are almost afraid to get the same model.  We are just hoping it is this one and not the model.

The Vizio - L42HDTV is a great TV!

from Middletown, DE

Pros

Cons

Comments about Vizio - Television:

This Vizio - L42HDTV is such a great tv for the money! This was our first flat panel tv purchase and I think after owning a Vizio - I'll never buy another brand. Not only is it priced great to not break your bank, but the picture quality is very clear. When doing my research before purchase a lot of reviews had complained that over time there was a black shadow on the screen and there seemed to be an issue with the volume. I've had this model for 2 years and still don't have either problem! This is a 720p LCD and it has plenty of ports on the back. It takes HDMI, Componet, S-Video, etc. It is very comparable to the top of the line tv's today. Before we had converted our cable box to an HD, the clarity of the picture was immediately noticable. Just from two different types of television screens. And watching movies on it even with a regular (non-up-converting and not a blu-ray) DVD player, the picture was just amazing. I would definitely buy this brand again, and when we upgrade our bedroom tv, will definitely be purchasing a new Vizio!

BEST TV EVER

from Montville, NJ

Comments about Vizio - Television:

This has been the best tv that i have ever used. Its also very cheap the quality of this is amazing Vizio is now the brand that I trust the most not only does it have a life span of 50,000 untill the picture starts to dim but its made by two very reputable companys you might know called Sharp and LG it might of been toshiba and lg but you get the point. this is also very energy effiecent and has very good sound although I would recomend getting 5.1 surround as compared to stereo but its still good and works good its a perfect tv to hook up your video game console to because it used very little power and can be used universally by every attachment possible this is the best tv I have ever had and I have had almost every brand ever when vizio came out I was pretty sceptical of the prices and thought it might be one of the cheap brand but i was wrong its one of the top high quality brands that everyone knows.

The 42 in, VL420M HDTV LCD TV by Vizio is an excellent TV

from Fayetteville, AR

Comments about Vizio - Television:

The 42 in, VL420M, 120 Hz, HDTV LCD TV by Vizio is one of the best electronic buys I have ever made.  The picture and sound is incredibly clear and pronounced.  It was hundreds less than a compatible Samsung.  Once you watch and hear sports in HD on this television you will never want to watch them any other way except for physically being their.  I would recommend this tv to anyone who asks about purchasing a tv.  The only complaint that I do have, is about the remote.  The lettering and numbers on the individual buttons wore off very quickly leaving me to guess what they were.  Other than that I am very satisfied with this product.

Great value for money - nice features and a great picture

from Winston, GA

Comments about Vizio - Television:

The last two TVs I've purchased were a 36" JVC that weighed what seemed like 1000 pounds and the Vizio 42" LCD flat screen.  Both cost the exact same amount (although the JVC was purchased about 5 years before.)

It's amazing how far the TV world has come.  The Vizio was simple for 2 people to hang on a wall with minimal effort and the picture beats the old JVC in every aspect.  It was torture trying to even move the JVC off a stand.  The hardest thing about hanging the vizio was finding studs and leveling the wall-mount.

The Vizio has all the features you'd expect and the 'quick start' manual is logical and easy to follow.

A couple of nice features are the detachable stand (a requirement since a lot of people hang these on the wall) and the detachable speaker for people who want to hook into an external sound source.  The remote is also easy to use but a little bulky.  Both of my cheap, generic remotes have the Vizio codes so the real remote is sitting unused in a drawer right now.

I was put off by vizio being a 'lesser known' brand, but I can't believe I could have got better without spending twice as much.

The only flaw is that sometimes the buttons on the side take a second or so to register (for when I can't find the remote)

A Vizio Lover

from North Augusta, SC

Comments about Vizio - Television:

I bought my Vizio 42" HDTV and I am ready to purchase another one for our game room.  We have never had a problem with this product.  The color, picture and sound are unbelievably GREAT.  I recommend this TV to anyone!  The price is great for someone like me who is on a budget and want a good bit of savings.

Good job VIZIO, will be purchasing again from this company soon