4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Great good size TV for Family

Before buying this TV we had only non digital TVs at our home. This is not only our first digital TV, but our very first flat screen TV. Also we never owned TV bigger than 37 inches. We decided to hang this TV on the wall over our fireplace in our family room. Even it is a flat screen TV, it was still very heavy to lift up to hang with my husband because of the size. We are so impressed that everyone in our living room watch TV clearly from different angles. It was our first experience because we could not watch TV from the side of living room before. What is a difference! The only thing we feel it needs to be improved is that sound/volume. Speakers on TV are so small we usually turn up volume for movies we watch. Maybe all big flat screen TVs don't have good speakers, but we don't own another one to compare. Rather than that we are very happy with this TV for its screen quality. We use this TV for our family time. We have wi-fi connection through Blu Ray player, so we often watch movies through Netflix as a family. Before we got our TV everyone went to different rooms and we did not have much family time. Thank this TV for gaining our family time.

Sound Quality
Wish speakers are better.

Not Sure I Can Recommend this Product!

We purchased this tv three months ago and have already had to exchange it once! The picture is amazing, but it seems the quality is lacking in this brand. We have previously owned Samsung and Sony televisions, but decided to take a gamble on the Vizio high definition LCD tv and are regretting that choice. Within a few weeks of owning the television the sound went out on the unit. We were watching television and all of a sudden there was a loud popping noise and from then on out the sound wouldn't work. So we exchanged the unit (which was a giant hassle - make SURE to keep your box, people!) because we were within the time frame allowed by the store we purchased it from. After having owned this tv for about a month the same issue is occurring! The tv will also freeze occassionally. The sound also stops working randomly. If we turn the tv off and let it rest for awhile the sound will usually come right back on. However, sometimes it takes several tries for it to work again. Overall, I would not purchase this brand again. Yes, the price is right and the picture quality is great. However, it just isn't worth the hassle. Stick to the major trustworthy brands!

Excellent choice for the money

Comments about Vizio E551VL 55" HDTV LCD TV:

Our family absolutely loves this tv. From watching sports, or our favorite tv shows and movies...this tv is wonderful. Playing video games on the large screen makes it so much more realistic and almost like they are right in our living room.

Picture Quality
Picture is very good on this set. Crisp and clear, and vibrant color. Absolutely couldn't ask for a better quality picture.

Sound Quality
Sound is crisp and clear. My husband has mid-range hearing loss, and he is able to watch and understand every word that they are saying.

Have had no issues with this tv at all. We have had this tv for almost 2 years and there is not so much as a scratch on it, and with kids running around that says alot.

Looks beautiful on a basic stand. We bought a stand that is a bit larger than the tv and it looks absolutely gorgeous with decor placed around it.

Our family absolutely loves this tv. They play video games and they are so realistic with the large screen. We also watch a lot of movies and could not ask for a better performing television.

• Sound Quality:

Very good TV for a good price.

Profile Image

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Vizio E551VL 55" HDTV LCD TV:

This is one of the cheapest TVs you'll find, and the quality is great. We got ours on sale, and the picture and TV quality is really good. There are options to go online and Netflix and Youtube, along with many other apps, are available through the TV.

Picture Quality
Once you get high-definition TV, the regular pictures don't even compare to the new ones. The quality is so much better and you can see the small details that you wouldn't normally.

Sound Quality
Sound is clear and the volume adjusts at good intervals. Sometimes one speaker will be louder than the other, which makes the sound a little unbalanced, but it is usually pretty good.

Fingerprints are easily viewable, and I wouldn't want to test the durability, as it seems like it would crack or break the screen.

Good design that fits anywhere in the room, whether you want to hang it on the wall or put it on the table.

We've had this for under a year but I don't have any complaints so far, and I don't think I will have any problems.

• Sound Quality:

Super picture color and impressive size

Comments about Vizio E551VL 55" HDTV LCD TV:

I wish I had bought one this size years ago. I can't believe the difference in the picture experience just from a 42 inch to a 55 inch. Great sound and not really heavy either. Love it!

Picture Quality
The picture quality is just Superior to any other flats screens we have at home currently. The size is part of the superiority but the color quality is fantastic too.

Sound Quality
I have a surround sound theater system that I have connected to another flat screen and was planning on using it with this flat screen but the sound is so clear that it actually sounds better than my surround sound.

Considering how large it is, its very lightweight yet feels and looks super solid. Great TV.

The design is perfect because it has a simple look making it fit into any room without disturbing the flow or design of the room.

With all the available options included along with the sheer size of the screen make this Vizio Flat Screen TV a unit that will be performing as a TV and a computer monitor for years to come. Thanks Vizio!

• Sound Quality:

Great TV (but not the sharpest picture)

from Ardmore, OK

Comments about Vizio E551VL 55" HDTV LCD TV:

This TV works great if you are in the market for a big LCD screen. We have this setup in our conference room at work and it works great for that. But, I would pass on this if you are wanting amazing picture for HD television programming and HD movies. The LED lcd screens blow this TV out of the water in terms of picture quality and sharpness.

Picture Quality
As I stated in my overall rating comment, it's a great TV. The picture quality is good but not great. This doesn't compare (to me) to a LED tv.

Sound Quality
Sound quality is decent. Not the best i've heard, but definitely not the worst.

This TV actually survived a fall from about 3 feet up in our office. We were going to mount it and my co-worker lost his grip. We were very nervous about the screen or damaging some other internals, but it works just fine after the fall.

Typical TV design. Nothing earth-shattering with this product.

This TV has very good performance. We use it for about 8 hours a day for about a year now and it is fantastic even though it isn't the sharpest of screen images and the best sound.

Great good size TV for Family

from Atlanta, GA

Sound Quality
Wish speakers are better.

We love our new tv!

Comments about Vizio E551VL 55" HDTV LCD TV:

We bought our vizio 55 in smart 1080p lcd tv about 4 months ago. So far so good. The husband is very picky when it comes to picture, but he thinks this is one of the best hes ever seen! We love the apps (pandorra, netflix, internet etc.) We have it wall- mounted and it looks so classy in our house! The sound quality is just eh, but thats the same with all flat screens. We have it hooked up to our surround sound and it sounds GREAT!

Picture Quality
Picture quality is awesome for watching sports, movies, television. etc.

Sound Quality
Like all flat screens, the sound is just eh. With a compatible sound bar or surround sound, it sounds amazing!

So far it seems like a long lasting tv.

Looks super classy!

Turns on quickly.

Vizio 55"

Comments about Vizio E551VL 55" HDTV LCD TV:

We love our Vizio. After many recommendations, much research and debating we purchased the Vizio E551VL 55" HDTV LCD TV. We feel like with this purchase we got the most bang for our buck. Compared to other TVs this was on the cheaper end and it still was a great quality. The color on this TV is great, picture is perfect, the pixels are all good, the sound has been sufficient, we have had no issues with the brightness/darkness, the settings on it are ample, and it is great in our basement apartment with very little window light. It appears to be a quality product with no issues thus far.

Overall: I would recommend this TV to those who are looking for a cheaper option to a large screen.

• Sound Quality:

Not Sure I Can Recommend this Product!

from Lake Crystal, MN

• Sound Quality:

Greatest TV I have ever owned.

from Darlington, SC

Comments about Vizio E551VL 55" HDTV LCD TV:

This is the greatest TV I have ever owned. The size is great for watching sports and I would rate this TV as a 5 out of 5. Love this Vizio and the size of the screen.

Picture Quality
Has the greatest Picture quality I have seen on any TV. The colors are great and look very natural. You can adjust the black to really black or any color and they are great. Looks as if your'er looking at the product on a shelf. Love the color.

Sound Quality
Has great sound quality. You don't have to have many bars at all on the sound to be able to hear very clear.

Great durability. It cleans up great with the TV spray and I love it.

The design is very good. Great for wall hanging.

The pefformance is great. Has been working great since the day I purchased it. Never had a problem at all.

• Sound Quality:

Expensive to repair and doesn't last very long.

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Vizio E551VL 55" HDTV LCD TV:

Great little TV for just over two years. Soon as the warranty expired, the back light went out, which gets very expensive to fix. I tried contacting Vizio, since it was within days of the warranty time, and they refused to help. So, for what I had paid for this tv, I was not happy.

Picture Quality
Very good picture until that back light went out, then total darkness!

Sound Quality
I was impressed with the sound on such a small tv. Sure, ti's not like my big screen, but for a kids tv, it was great while it worked.

Since it died within days of the warranty, I don't consider this tv to be very durable. Two years is not much time for a tv. I have had other sets that have lasted over 20 years. This was a disappointment.

Good, space saving design. I wasn't too thrilled with the stand size, if you chose to not wall mount. It wasn't as stable as I felt it should have been.

I would have been much happier if it had lasted more than two years. While it was working, it was a good tv.