3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

A great value when shopping for tablets

I think this is a great tablet option for budget-conscious shoppers who need a tablet for leisure purposes.

We purchased this tablet at a great price for our 6 year old daughter last year -- she was obsessed with the idea of a much-more expensive tablet, but we did not plan to spend that much money, and found this gem instead.

I was able to customize the desktop launcher and apps to suit her needs, and she has been heavily using it for over a year now. It has stood up amazingly well to her demands and the hazards of a 6/7year old!

This was also my first experience using a tablet and I enjoyed sneaking it away from her to play my own apps. Since then I've purchased my own higher-end model, so I do realize that this Vizio tablet runs slower than the "top of the line" tablets, but if it's not needed for work purposes, then this is a great unit!

Battery Life
Battery life is about a day being used heavily, when not in use the battery life lasts a long time. It fully charges in about 5-6 hours, so we usually leave it charge overnight.

Processing Speed
The processing speed is slower than a higher end tablet. That being said, if I didn't have experience with tablets, I would not have noticed the slower speed -- honestly this runs faster than my slightly-old laptop, so really it's great!

Weight
Not a "feather light" tablet, but the weight is really not noticeable in a bag or purse.

App Availability
I've only run into a few apps that dont work on this tablet -- it has access to both the Google Play store and the Amazon app store, so there are lots of app options out there.

It's lasted over a year with 2-3 times weekly use by a 7 year old child. If that's not durable, I dont know what is!

Don't expect anything over the top.

It works for limited entertainment value but unless you plan on adding some more memory to it you won't be able to save much on it. The tablet will charge off of any standard mini-usb cord but at an exteremly slow rate. If you want to work on it while charging you must use the power cord that comes with it which is short and just tends to aggravate you.

You MIGHT get 1 movie out of it... And that is a big MIGHT

Processing Speed
Boot is slow but after that it runs pretty well.

Weight
It's not a brick but its not a feather either.

Google play...

The design it with buttons on the bottom and then incorporate the buttons into the screen making the design pointless ... Smart move

It isn't made of steel

slow motion

Comments about Vizio 8-Inch Tablet with WiFi:

Overall the graphics really bad among other thing like WiFi and the not to mention it freezes a lot I returned it for a better one.

Battery Life
Is not that great drains really fast so I always keep it plugged in

Processing Speed
This tablet drags a lot and freezes a lot and randomly re boots

Weight
Not that bad but kinda heavy

App Availability
Loaded with lots of bloatware and thing you don't need

Its ok

Gets scratched very easy

Decent tablet

Comments about Vizio 8-Inch Tablet with WiFi:

Overall this is a decent tablet. It works well for what i need it to. I didn't want to pay for the name of some other brands so I went with this. The price was great.

It has a decent battery life. I can get apps from the play store which is great. The main reason I purchased a tablet was for the ereader so I downloaded the Kindle app but there are others.

I use it for an eReader, to play games, to surf online, etc... It does what I need it to do without having to drag out the laptop.

The camera on it is good, it takes decent pictures. What I don't like is there is a folder in my gallery that seems to have pictures uploaded from any given time and I can't get rid of it, that is really the only problem I have with this tablet.

It functions well when hooked up to wifi with no issues. I've connected at places such as the local library and McDonald's, as well as at home with no problems.

Battery Life
It has a good battery life depending on what you use it for but its that way with any electronic product.

Weight
It's a little heavier than I would want but it's not too bad.

App Availability
I love all the apps you can get for this

• App Availability:

Don't expect anything over the top.

You MIGHT get 1 movie out of it... And that is a big MIGHT

Processing Speed
Boot is slow but after that it runs pretty well.

Weight
It's not a brick but its not a feather either.

Google play...

It isn't made of steel

SUCKS!!!

from Supply, NC

Comments about Vizio 8-Inch Tablet with WiFi:

I had less then 1 year and the usb port for charger cable became loose and it would not charge. I contacted company who at first was going to fix it then informed me that it was not under warranty (suppose to have 1 yr warranty for product malfunctions) and they would not repair it. After searching online I found this a common occurrence with this product.... Vizio is a crappy company and will never purchase their product again!! I spent money on a product that was trash!!

Not too great

from Milford, PA

Comments about Vizio 8-Inch Tablet with WiFi:

My son used gift cards and gift money to purchase this tablet for himself. He was so excited about the purchase. He had heard so many great things about this tablet. It was a huge disappointment. The tablet had to be replaced 3 times. The first time was 1 month after he bought it. The charger port was out of whack. That same problem happened twice more. Sony was difficult at best to deal with. Each time they just sent him a refurb replacement. The problem was never addressed. He finally got fed up and traded it in on Amazon.

A great value when shopping for tablets

• App Availability:

Love vizio brand and this does not disappoint

from Wabash, IN

Comments about Vizio 8-Inch Tablet with WiFi:

I absolutely love this tablet! Rather than replacing my laptop this year, I decided to purchase this lovely tablet. It does so much more than I ever expected. Vizio is always such a great bargain. This tablet is great for netflix. I love taking it for my son to watch movies on. It keeps him entertained. The battery life is decent.

Great little tablet

from Saint Anne, IL

Comments about Vizio 8-Inch Tablet with WiFi:

My hubby uses this tablet for work. He brought it home while on leave. I was curious and asked him if I could try it out. Wow this little gadget is cool. Everything you need only on a smaller scale. I almost didn't want to give it back to him. I like it that much. This would be great for when I travel. HInt Hint, hubby of mine!

Battery Life
Once you charge it the battery last quite a long time. I was impressed at how long I could use it without constantly charging the battery.

Processing Speed
For being a little gadget this tablet is fast. It works just as good as a laptop.

Weight
Lightweight tablet that is easy to carry, very portable device.

App Availability
Many available apps which was impressive.

A nice looking tablet. I would be pleased to own one.

Even though I was using this tablet for a little while it had just as much capabilty as a bigger unit. I was being very careful since it belongs to hubby. Though I notice that he man handles the tablet and it keeps on going.

great item for price

from Miami, FL

Comments about Vizio 8-Inch Tablet with WiFi:

Great item,screen work pretty good ,can download apps from market,very nice scientific applications,touch screen work with android handrite and other finger writing software,has accelerometer that works great and has many uses,like bubble balance instrumentation ect.One can watch movies and control many playback features like a dvd or vcr.overall speed is ok.

• App Availability:

Good value for the price if you just want it for entertainment.

from Lexington, GA

Comments about Vizio 8-Inch Tablet with WiFi:

My son and I both attend on line classes. Adobe flash play is not available on this tablet so our power points and lectures would not open up. Also, in order to open certain documents we had to install an office app, download the documents to the office and then open them. My husband liked it because he could watch t.v. and movies on it.