View more flat screen tVs

Other Flat Screen TVs:
Vizio
GV42LFHDTV10A
Vizio - 42 in Televison

Vizio - 42 in Televison

Pros

Cons

• Sound Quality:

I recommend this Vizio to anyone in the market for a tv

I purchased the VIZIO 42" SV420XVT, which is part of the new XVT series Vizio came out with and it's an amazing tv! I did a lot of research before settling for this one, and I read a lot of great reviews on Vizio so I decided to check into it. The first thing I noticed, is that Vizio runs cheaper than a Sony or Panasonic, but the quality is just as great. So that's great in it alone. But with the new XVT series, they offer 120Hz, as opposed to 60Hz, it has the 1080p, instead of 720p, 5.1 Surround Sound Upgrade, and it's just overall beautiful. http://www.vizio.com/productDetails.aspx?id=1674&pid=1504 <-- This is the tv I bought, except i bought it from Costco. So all in all, I recommend this tv. Vizio is a great brand and have great quality tv's, and many to choose from. I think they are able to lower the price because they don't do as much advertising as those other brands.

vizio 42' high def tv is real good look just real bad price

i like the hdtv but the only thing is i find it to be real expensive.they say that you pay for quality and when it comes to this tv you really do.dont get me wrong the picture is incredable the sound is pretty good for a 42 ' but 2 things i dont like is the price is one and the other the tv is very hard to program to a direct tv box i had to end up using 2 remotes for mine and i think that sucks.

Awesome

Comments about Vizio - 42 in Televison:

I have had this High definition television for 2 years now and i still could not be happier with it. The picture quality was amazingly better than our old 32 inch rca television. We have used this tv for everything, including playing video games, watching blurays, watching content off a tablet, and connecting a computer to it. Video games play well on this tv and it is big enough that four player splitscreen play, will not hurt your eyes much. Using this tv has allowed us to get the most out of our video gaming experience.

I do have a couple of gripes with this television though. The firts is when we connect laptops to it there is a two inch bar all the way around the edge of the screen. I have tried everything to fix that and I even used other laptops to see if the problem was localized to mine only. It was not. I, learned to get used to it though. My other gripe is that it was difficult to hook up a souround sound system to it. We could not hook it up through hdmi because it is not supported with this tv. we had to purchase a seperate optical audio cable to make it work. Overall these gripes are small and I would not hesitate to buy another Vizio tv in the future.

• Sound Quality:

Good TV, works and sounds fine, some issues with the controls

Comments about Vizio - 42 in Televison:

My husband purchased this television for our family a couple of years ago for Christmas. It has served us fairly well. It's our first large, flat screen TV, and marked our shift from the old boxy ones. Needless to say I was very excited. I'm a gamer and movie buff, so the switch was huge for me. I have been fairly satisfied overall with the TV, but do have a few complaints about the design.

Picture Quality
This TV has a perfectly good picture quality. I'm sure there's many other superior products out there with a "10" quality, but for the price this one is just fine.

Sound Quality
The sound quality of this TV is one of the things I was most impressed with. It gets really loud for the size of the speakers and fills our large living room with well balanced sound, including plenty of bass.

My main complaint about the durability of this product is the fragility of the buttons, which are placed on the rear side of the television. The buttons (power, menu, volume, input, channel up and down) are very delicate, and after only two years of pushing them they get stuck down. As a result we've had a couple of scares where we thought the whole thing was shot. It gets stuck on the menu, even when it appears that the button is not pushed in. Granted I have two boys that are hard on things and have probably been a bit rougher on the buttons than they should have been, but I expect a little more out of a major purchase that the consumer expects to use for years.

My two main complaints about the design of this TV are the buttons mentioned above, and the logo light beneath the screen. It seems like a small thing, but the product logo "VIZIO" directly beneath the screen lights up. It's orange when the TV is off, and white when it's on. For me, especially when we first had the TV, the white light was distracting and annoying while watching TV. For a while we had a piece of black tape over it, but then you have an unattractive piece of tape on the front of your TV.

Best TV ever!

from Port Crane, NY

Comments about Vizio - 42 in Televison:

We have a 42 inch Vizio Tv and love it. I voted for a smaller tv but my husband insisted on the 42 inch and I am so glad he did. The picture quality is amazing and extremely sharp. I thought we would be better off getting a more well known brand but my husband did a bunch of research and had many recommendations from friends to go with a vizio. We never regretted it. When friends come over they comment on how great a picture our tv has and what good sound quality. It also has a great light sensing ability to lighten and darken the picture. This is great for movies, especially at night time. So overall, we love our vizio tv and we will never buy another brand.

Great TV

Comments about Vizio - 42 in Televison:

I bought this TV for my room and I do not regret my decision. Vizio is great quality for the price point and it has definitely made my TV experience more enjoyable with the clear picture quality. ( I previously owned a very old Panasonic, as in a box TV so this was definitely an upgrade).

I can't speak too much to its durability since I just purchased the item a couple of months ago but for what it is worth, I have not yet had any problems with it.

But like I said I've only owned for a couple of months.

• Sound Quality:

Great deal and an amazing TV!

Comments about Vizio - 42 in Televison:

We were a little nervous to buy this brand of TV. The price was so affordable we figured it was worth a try. We were impressed. We have another Samsung HD TV and we couldn't tell the difference in quality. We have owned this TV for almost three years and we are still happy with it.

Picture Quality
Looks the same to as out other 1080 TVs. Same quality and a great price.

Sound Quality
The sounds is fine. Since buying this TV, we moved into a new house where the living room is longer so the sofa sits further back. We bought a sound bar to add to movie experience but we lasted over 2 1/2 years without doing that and we were happy.

We hooked our blu-ray player to this to access the internet and it works well. The TV we have does not have internet capabilities.

• Sound Quality:

Great buy for all rooms of the house!

Comments about Vizio - 42 in Televison:

We actually own 4 of these Vizio TVs. One in every room of the house. Even m toddler has a smaller one in his room. And they all have taken a slight beating from him. He is a rowdy one! But the sound and picture quality of these tvs are very very nice! My only suggestioin this day and age is you of course need a good tv provider and hook up like HDMI cords! With our provider and quality HDMI cables, this tv is running at its full potential and we just love it! The designs are nice too. I think they look not only functional but very eye catching! We will cotinue to use Vizio as our TV set of choice in the future (if we ever have to replace them!).

Ours is on ALOT of ours out of the day and it still works like it is Day one out of the box!!

• Sound Quality:

High quality picture and sound quality tv

from Benton, AR

Comments about Vizio - 42 in Televison:

Love this product it is lightweight and has great picture quality

Picture Quality
Has a great picture quality

Excellent sound quality

Made out of high quality material

Really love the design as the TV blends in with any decor

Takes a while for the tv to come on than other ones I have been use to.

• Sound Quality:

Very good quality tv at a good price.

from Queen Creek, AZ

Comments about Vizio - 42 in Televison:

This is a very good tv for the price. I am not disappointed in the purchase. We looked at Sony, Samsung and others. We recommend this tv for general viewing and it's good for sports & movies. Very nice sound quality and don't have to blast up the volume to hear it.

Can't Beat The Quality of a Vizio for its Price

from Phil Campbell, AL

Comments about Vizio - 42 in Televison:

Love my Vizio! Easy to set up, easy to use and a great price. I was afraid of how much a really good HDTV would cost. I didn't think I would be able to walk out of the store with one the same day I shopped, then I spotted a Vizio in the store. Though I hadn't heard of the brand before, I know now I'll return if I have to.

I didn't know anything about HDTV's and I didn't plan on upgrading with the cable companies switched to digital. However, I was forced when lightening struck the television I had owned for five years. So I went shopping, thinking I wouldn't walk away with a tv that day. I thought I would have to save money to buy a tv as big as 42 inches.

Vizio stood out, even against more well known brands. The picture quality was great, the size was perfect and price, price, price, just stood out. I looked at other Vizio's the same day, smaller ones, but after I compared prices between a larger television and the smaller versions, the difference wasn't that much more.

I highly recommend purchasing a Vizio. I run my internet and gaming systems through it and enjoy high resolution images. I especially loved that it came with a stand. I didn't have to worry about buying extra equipment in order to install the television to my wall.

Vizio tv, decent bang for your buck

from Fort Benning, GA

Comments about Vizio - 42 in Televison:

I bought this about 2 years ago when my wife and I moved into our first house together and it was great. I was very impressed with the slim design and the easy setup, and since it was our first flat panel tv I felt we got a really great deal for something so nice. It still functions just fine but gets very warm, and the screen is impossible to clean without streaks, even with the special cleaner you can buy in the store meant for lcd/plasma tv's.Recently images are getting ingrained onto the tv, and when turning it back on before the picture is fully up you can see an outline of what was there before. It does go away once the picture is fully loaded.Another thing that has started recently is a buzzing sound, so far it's only happened twice, and squeezing the top of the screen has fixed it. I have no idea what the sound is or where it's coming from. Hopefully it will last another 5 years, or maybe I'm aiming too high.