Other Flat Screen TVs:

Vizio 42 in. HDTV LCD TV

Good TV, but not perfect

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Vizio 42 in. HDTV LCD TV:

It's hard to beat this TV comparatively speaking, but it does have certain issues after the last automatic firmware update. Now it randomly will turn itself off.

Picture Quality
Looks GREAT!

Sound Quality
Could use more bass, but then again...it's a TV, not a subwoofer.

• Picture Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

great tv

from Amarillo, TX

Comments about Vizio 42 in. HDTV LCD TV:

I bought this tv at sams club in the spring of 2010. I am pleased with the tv. I have used it to watch cable tv, dvd's, blu ray dvd's, connected it to my laptop, and desktop, and it performs flawlessly everytime. The tv does not have any dead pixels. The depth of color is outstanding. I am not that pleased with the internet apps. The remote looks and feels very cheap. It takes too long between changing channels. Other than that it is a pretty good tv. I wish that it would have come in an LED backlight version in the 42" size. I have the tv mounted above my desk and use it as a tv and an extra monitor primarily. I didn't want to get the 46" because of how close I sit to the tv. Overall I am very happy with the tv. I would have liked for it to be cheaper, but am glad that I went ahead and purchased it when I did. The HDMI connection on the side is convenient. The buttons on the tv are on the left side and are a little tricky to press. The tv doesn't always recognize that you are pressing the button.