Other Flat Screen TVs:

Vizio 42 in. HDTV LCD TV

This Vizio HDTV is High Quality

from Kennedy, NY

Comments about Vizio 42 in. HDTV LCD TV:

My husband won this tv from work last spring and we have been enjoying it ever since. It has a high quality picture and when hanging on the wall, hardly takes up any space. The only trouble we had was trying to program it. But after it was programed, it has been perfect.

42-in Vizio HDTV is great for the price

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Vizio 42 in. HDTV LCD TV:

My husband and I bought our 42-in Vizio HDTV in February 2010 just in time for the Olympics and the Super Bowl. It was a huge upgrade for us, since we had a television from the early '90s that was given to us when we got married. I know that most true television afficionados don't care for Vizio as a rule and there are higher-quality televisions out there, but for us our Vizio HDTV has amazing picture and sound quality. Television and video in HD looks amazing and makes a huge difference, especially for things like sports (football and tennis are great) and action movies. The biggest selling point for us was the price; you just can get a comparable television for anywhere near the price of the Vizio (some were even twice as much when we looked). I think the only complaint I have about the television is that it takes a minute to turn on, but I don't know if that's something other LCDs do as well.

Average Vizio Television

from Bowling Green, OH

Comments about Vizio 42 in. HDTV LCD TV:

When we bought this TV, the sales associate did tell us that this television was the most returned television that they sold.  However, the price was great and we decided to go with a recommendation we had from someone who owned one.  The picture is fabulous.  It is extremely clear.  At times, the volume has to be extremely high to even hear it.  Also, we had a white line that would flicker across the upper most boarder of the television.  That seems to have fixed itself.  Many times we think we will have turned off the television to wake up to a solid blue screen on the tv.  We just usually have to turn it off and on again and it goes off.  Otherwise, the television has been great.  There is very little if any glare on the tv.  It fits nicely into a corner and is easy to clean.  I would probably buy the same television as it has given us no major problems and was one of the best tvs for the money.

Not to bad for the second grade stuff

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Vizio 42 in. HDTV LCD TV:

I will start off by saying this Vizio is actually a by product of sony. The same company make the same televisions. They are just made cheaper with less quality but are basically the same products. I myself have had a vizio 42 inch for a few years now and its a great tv. I would say that its picture isnt as strong as some of the newer models but it does pretty well for being a lower end product. The biggest feature about this tv is price. Its meant to save you some money but still give you that great 1080P HDTV LCD quality that you are looking for. Goes great with my bluray player and 7.1 channel surround sound. I would recomend this tv to just about anyone. It cost me about 600 bucks less than a sony of its kind would have. The sound is pretty good too. But a lot of times people aren't even using the built in speakers they're using there surrond sound speakers. It also comes with 4 built in HDMI Slots which is great to have. I give this an A