Other Blenders:
Countertop Blenders
Vitamix
Super 5000
Vitamix Variable-Speed Blender

Summary

Feel energized live longer look more youthful defy disease and lose weight when you start using the Vita-Mix Lifestyle.The workhorse Vita-Mix 5000 processes everything perfectly from deliciously cool smoothies to fresh warm peanut butter hot soups and even cold ice cream in just minutes At last eating healthy is also easy thanks to the Vita-Mix

Vitamix Variable-Speed Blender

More horsepower than a V8 Chevrolet

The one word that could be used to describe this blender is "AWESOME".  There is absolutely nothing this unit cannot do.  Able to leap tall buildings, just about.  It has so much ommph, you can even make soup with it.  The unit makes great smoothies, malts, you name it. It has enough gumption that we make healthy food for our dogs grinding whole chicken parts to puree with no hassle at all.  It amazes me every time I use it, that it can just torque itself through any task you give it.  I bet it could pull out tree stumps!  Throw in fruit, core and all, and it makes it into juice.  No bits of stuff floating around, just juice.

On top of the incredible performance this blender offers, it's simple to clean.  Just pour in soap and water, and turn it on. Voila!  It's done!  We've owned this blender for 10 years now, and it's still going strong.  Wouldn't think of owning another brand, as it's paid for itself 10 times over.  It's a great value for the money.

Go big or go home!

Okay, I went to the State Fair of Texas with a friend of mine and after seeing the demonstration and tasting the wonderful examples Jeff Thompson made with this remarkable machine, we were both sold. She decided to buy a refirbished VitaMix and soon enough, it showed up at the house. We couldn't wait to try all the new and exciting things from the recipe books. So, we made a few things here and there, and I tried to come up with a couple twists to make old favorites healthier with out anyone knowing it. hehe. But the only thing I don't like about this machine is the fact that most of the ingedients are fresh fruits and veggies that you have to cut and then store and either they go bad, or the stuff you made goes bad because it is all supposed to be served fresh, right away. Although, I do love this machine, I just need to come up with a couple more practical recipes so I don't have to go to the store as often. Plus, those wholefoods stores where you have to get all this stuff can be quite expencive. If I had a little more money and a little more time, I wouldn't have one bad thing to say about this machine. But for cooks with big imaginations, or more health consious people in the house, this is a must have item.

Just what I needed

from St Barbara, CA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

Cons

• Cooking
    • Crushing Ice
    • Drinks

Just what I needed

It is the best blender that exists throughout the market certainly provides an enviable quality, ensuring more than buy a lifetime investment, as it has finished truly art, made with highly durable materials and what is much better after using it, you will be amazed at the ease with which you can wash it.

With this product you will get the perfect kitchen for you and your partner, you can make any kind of smoothies, juices, sauces, experiment and do everything you've always wanted to do in your kitchen. So pamper the most important thing you have in your life, your family, your children, your siblings, your parents, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your friends in order all your loved ones.

It is a producer provides an enviable by all reliability and will make your life much more pleasant.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

The Vitamix 5000 is so Easy everyone in the house uses it!

from Flower Mound, TX

Comments about Vitamix Variable-Speed Blender:

My husband purchased the Vitamix 5000 in October of 2008, right after we saw a demonstration at the Texas State Fair.  I wasn't 100% on board of the purchase - as we had other blenders, that I would not use.  The first week, he was the only one to use it.  I think it was more that he was addicted to using it.  I was able to have my chance when Mike went out of town, I was in the mood for a shake, and I took the plunge.  Let me tell you - the Vitamix 5000 was as easy as everyone made it seem.  The clean up was simple also.  I have never had an appliance that was this simple to clean.  We have made Shakes, Salsa, and Soup in our Vitamix 5000.  My 13 year old daughter made herself a milk shake and cleaned it herself.  The most impressive was when my 16 year old son made his own Queso dip in it for Nachos.  It's as simple as adding the ingredients that you want, turning the dial.  To clean - Rinse it out, fill the container with water and a drop of soap - turn on the Vitamix 5000 till it's all soapy - then rinse out till it is clear.  That simple!

Best blender EVER!

from Fort Lee, NJ

Comments about Vitamix Variable-Speed Blender:

This is the best of the best. You can search online and find similar claims for a professional quality blender, but this one is backed by probably thousands of similar reviews to mine.

If you go to Jamba Juice, you'll see they are using the Vitamix units. That's because it is very powerful and is made to last.

I've had a regular supermarket-bought blender before, and while that worked OK for the occasional smoothies and not-so-hard ingredients, this unit will power through ice and even let you make your soy milk from soy beans! You'll notice the real difference from your cheaper alternatives when you do large batches of more chunky ingredients and you end up with a very smooth consistency instead of some chunks and lumps.

• Blending Power:
    • Versatility:

Its Amazing...go buy one now!

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Vitamix Variable-Speed Blender:

The Vita-Mix 5000 is AMAZING!

I am your typical find the best value out there and go with it kinda girl, but this blender which we got as a gift is amazing and if anything ever happened to it I would happily buy another. It really serves the purpose of many kitchen devices which makes it a win win. This thing is indestructible. It encourages healthier eating b/c you can make so many dishes with fresh fruits and vegetables very quickly. No need to core apples or cut up fruit, just throw the whole thing in there and watch it work. We chop nuts for cooking, make soups, smoothies, pastes, etc. In the past we always bought whatever blender was on sale and I always felt I had to put a little bit in at a time to make sure everything blends well which always took up so much time. This blender saves you time and makes your life easier and honestly who doesn't want that.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do!

TRULY THE BEST APPLIANCE I HAVE EVER OWNED

from East Syracuse, NY

Comments about Vitamix Variable-Speed Blender:

Talk about worth the money! - I bought my Vita-Mix 30 years ago.  The base is an avacado green!  It is the best appliance I have ever owned.  My children all have dibs on it when I die, which hopefully won't be for quite a while.  Great adult drinks, sauce, ice cream, even diet drink maker.  It has moved with us 4 times and I would be crushed if it ever broke on me.  I did start to smell the motor after using it a couple years ago, but I sprayed some oil on it and all is well.  Great company for manufacturing such a super product.

Go big or go home!

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Vitamix Variable-Speed Blender:

Absolutely wonderful blender - can't live without it.

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Vitamix Variable-Speed Blender:

I  was lucky enough to acquire my Vita-Mix Blender for free, which makes it a bargain for me. It does the work of 10 regular blenders. I've made soup in it, I've made marinara sauce in it, also ice cream, and smoothies, and even chunky peanut butter from nothing but peanuts. It makes cold things, hot soups and sauces, chops, dices, and on and on. It's versatile, powerful, easy to clean....and I can't live without it. I will be getting the attachment to grind grains, so I can make my own breads that are healthy and whole grain. If there's any way you can afford one, get it. You won't be sorry.

Super Blender

from Melbourne, FL

Comments about Vitamix Variable-Speed Blender:

Most blenders are in the 300 or 400 watt range; this one is 1100 watts. Comes with two containers and blades. One for dry blending like wheat or nuts and the other for everything else. This is what smoothies are all about. The only blender I have ever used that totally pulverises ice without leaving any chunks. In fact I found this used in some of the stores in the mall that make drinks like Orange Julius.

best kitchen gadget ever

from Genoa, IL

Comments about Vitamix Variable-Speed Blender:

This mixes bread dough, kneads bread dough, mixes basically any recipe. You can make ice cream, yogurt, etc. Makes great soup-including actually cooking it because the rpms are so fast. Best kitchen gadget I've ever owned, although a little pricey, but my first one did last over 10 years!

Must have for every kitchen!!

from Pocatello, ID

Comments about Vitamix Variable-Speed Blender:

I love my Vita Mix!!!  It does just about anything.  From grinding wheat, to making peanut butter, to just doing the normal "blender" things in an extraordinary way.  It is fantastic!!!  I wouldn't want to be without one.  It does cost a bit, but it's worth the price.