Other Blenders:
Models:
1300, 1300
Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500

Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500

Pros

• Good power output (10)
  • Easy to clean (8)
  • Good pitcher (7)
  • Stable (7)
  • Precise control (6)

Cons

• Hard to clean (4)

• Drinks (9)
  • Cooking (8)
  • Crushing ice (4)
  • Large kitchen (4)
  • Small kitchen (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid cook (4), Casual cook (4), Gourmet chef (4)
    • I received a sample (7), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

Vita-Mix Turbo Blend Blender 4500 is great

I bought this juicer for my family. I consider myself very busy to take the time to make my own juice when it is too easy to reach inside the refrigerator but I was tired of paying premium price for low quality store bought juice. I love this thing! It is not just a juicer but the juice that it makes far surpasses anything that you could buy in the grocery store or specialty juice shop. What I like is that you can control what goes in. Surprisingly, vegetables taste great in juices and my very picky kids love them. What I also do with my juice is make everything from popsicles to soups. Again, the homemade soups far surpass anything that you could buy pre-made in the grocery store or from a specialty shop.

vitamix turbo blend blender

New and wonderful mixer but costs a great deal somewhat similar to most other mixers

Love It!

from Madison, wi

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

Cons

• Hard to Clean

• Crushing Ice
  • Drinks

Comments about Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500:

I love this blender! I purchased it about two years ago and it works great. It is extremely powerful as well as it has different speed options. It was not necessarily cheap, but I think that it was a good price for the quality. My favorite thing to make with it is smoothies. It has no problem crushing the ice into just the right texture I am looking for. Another member of my family likes making "green drinks" by blending up all kinds of healthy fruits and vegetables which she actually likes using the blender better than our juicer. Overall, I would definitely recommend this product if you want an efficient blender. If you are looking for a low quality blender then i would not suggest this blender because you would be purchasing a much more expensive blender than you have in mind. The only slight concern I have about this product is that I think it is slowly regressing in its performance since I purchased it two years ago, but this is not a huge concern to me because most thing do wear out. I hope this review helps you in choosing your next blender. Thank you for reading!

for best cook.

from adambilal.AL

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Good Pitcher

Cons

• Hard to Clean

• Cooking

Comments about Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500:

this product is very best for cook in any house for women or chefs generally is best machines and quickly in work best best for lady kitchen only

It is worthy of the reputation.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500:

I've heard a million people brag about this blender and recommend it too.It seems to have set a standard for all blenders.Reading the specifications and seeing it had a 2 horsepower motor,I was convinced to test it out.
When I first brought it home I thought assembling it would be a nightmare.It gets five stars for simplicity.It was a matter of placing the container on the blender and plugging it in.
Operating it was equally easy.Minimal manipulation is required.A bit of stirring around,but no holding the container steady.Also,very quiet when blending.

I use this to make smoothies.That's all I've ever done with it.I often use hard fruits and vegetables without removing the skin first.
The mixture comes out smooth and creamy.At times I add ice to make sort of a "slushie".The outcome is superb.The ice is crushed small enough and the fruit blends well into the mixture.
I also like the straightforward settings.There are two switches with two settings each.For someone like me who only makes smoothies that is ideal.

It's kind of a task to get into the crevices of the container.

A fantastic product

Comments about Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500:

The Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender is defnately something you should look into if you're going to be blending tough foods. The blender does some of its best work with tough fruit like kiwi, pineapple, and any sort of vegetable. The blender easily turns even the toughest ingredients into a silky smooth liquid, and has a turbo setting for when you want things to be rough and fast.

Blending Power
One of the most powerful blenders I've ever seen. So far nothing has been able to withstand this things blades. The turbo setting makes blending especially quick, and efficient.

Versatility
Multiple speed options and settings make this blender very versatile. The Turbo setting, its most stand-out feature, does exactly what you'd think it would and makes even the toughest ingredients fall to their knees.

The cup and blades are dishwasher safe, so throwing it in there after every use is the easiest way to clean it.

Find your preferred setting and let it loose. Use Turbo mode if you're looking for that extra speed.

The base makes the blender stable even while in its Turbo mode, a good choice by the manufacturers.

I've had mine for a few months now, and Its given no sign of breaking or even deteriorating in its blending performance.

• Versatility:

The Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500 is really good for fruits!

Comments about Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500:

I use this blender almost everyday to make myself a healthy little fruit smoothie before I go out on my daily runs. This blender not only is efficient, but it also blends extremely well, and not just fruit. I really like its design, and I am glad that I bought it. It is definitely worth the money!

Blending Power
It's definitely the perfect blender for mixing and mashing and smashing and blending fruits! The Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500 is fast and powerful, yet efficient, and the noise is bearable, too. Well, at least I can tolerate it. It's a very elegant blender.

Versatility
I mainly just use it for fruit, so I'm not sure to what extent and what limits this blender has, but I'm sure it is able to blend ice cubs and many more other things other than just fruit.

The Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500 is super easy to clean. Everyday after I finish my smoothie, I just give it a quick wash and wipe and i'm good to go!

The Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500 is very easy to use, especially since I use easy ingredients like fruit.

Love its design. It's graceful, elegant, and classy.

The Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500 is very durable.

• Versatility:

The Best Blender Ever!!!!

Comments about Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500:

I absolutely love this blender. It does so much and works so well.

Blending Power
It crushes ice with ease. It emulsifies just about anything.

Versatility
I love grinding coffee and making peanut butter with this. Creating soup is a plus.

Practically cleans itself. The design aids itself to easy cleaning.

So far it is holding up wonderfully. Just like day 1 out of the box. It is well made and you will have no issues with any of the parts.

• Versatility:

Best blender I've ever owned!

from Palmyra, VA

Comments about Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500:

This is the best blender I've ever owned. It's powerful enough to make ice cream, without clogging up. It makes smoothies that are so smooth, it breaks up all the ice. It even makes soup.....and heats it up!

Blending Power
This blender is very powerful. It makes the best smoothies and drinks. I have made many things with this, and crushed ice and it all comes out so smooth. I've never had a blender that will make smoothies like this.

Versatility
This blender is capable of making soup, smoothies, peanut butter, dough, etc. without any problem. It is very versatile and has a high and low button and an on and off switch.

Just a drop of dish soap and turn on the blender. It cleans that easy! Do not put it in the dishwasher.

It has an on / off button and a high / low button. It's simple to use.

The design is good, except the blending container is too tall to fit on the counter while it's on the base. So it takes up a lot of space in the kitchen. It would be better if it were a shorter container, but there is nothing really wrong about this one. Just not my preference.

It's as durable as it needs to be, I guess. I don't seem to have any issue with it at all. I've dropped it once, and it didn't crack, but I wouldn't recommend doing that!

• Versatility:

One machine to do it all

Comments about Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500:

I've wanted a Vitamix for many years now. After drooling over one at the county fair it took me a long time to get past the price tag. I finally decided to just get it. Glad I did!
I've made hummus, peanut butter (made with only peanuts - how healthy is that!!), soup, smoothies, breakfast drinks (like pineapple orange juice) and mint chocolate chip ice cream (made with veggies and fruit). This machine does it all! Well worth the money! The Vitamix puts all other blenders to shame!
The only con I have with this machine is it is a tad bit loud. But for what it does I can overlook that.
A recipe book is usually included and more recipes can be found at the Vitamix website.

Blending Power
Does your current blender go over 200 mph and run 37,000 rpms? This machine gets it. I've had other blenders that won't even chop ice.

Versatility
You can make ice cream to soup. Dips to sauces.

Just add hot water and a couple of drops of dish soap, turn the machine on, rinse and you're ready to use it again!

Incredible machine

Comments about Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500:

I've had this blender for a little over 2 years now. I had been pining after the Vitamix brand for ages, and when my blender/food processor combo (different bowls; same motor) broke, I decided to get one. Despite this particular blender being one of, if not THE cheapest Vitamix blenders on the market, the price was still a little intimidating. I truly think it was worth it, though. I've used my Vitamix several hundred times at this point (for smoothies, syrups, nut butters, spreads, grinding spices, meat, and grains, etc) and it hasn't shown any sign of giving in. I *have* overworked it a few times while grinding particularly thick nut butters, but the great thing about this machine is that when it starts to overheat, it shuts itself off to protect itself before any real damage is done, and after I let it cool down it works normally again.

Blending Power
This is a very powerful blender - if you put it in for long enough, it will obliterate any food, from whole nuts to tiny strawberry seeds. The downside of this is that, because it's only 2-speed, even when you start it on its lower setting there is still some major splashing action with thinner concoctions you're blending, which can make a bit of a mess inside the blender, especially when it gets into the top, so I recommend letting it sit for a few minutes so the stuff has a chance to drip back down into the vessel before you take the top off and make a mess.

Versatility
I bought this machine because I knew it could be used as a food processor as well, and so far it's worked pretty well for that. The only thing I miss about having a food processor is that you don't really get that "shredded" action - like if you wanted to shred some carrots, or rice some cauliflower. With the Vitamix, it creams whatever you put in there really fast. Which is awesome, for most of the things I use it for, but I have to be really careful and very quick about getting something textured out of the machine.

Cleaning is very simple, for the most part - just put some water and a drop of dish soap (honestly, sometimes you don't need it, like when you're just making a smoothie with fruits and veggies; if you make something oily like nut butter then I recommend soap) and let it run for at least 30 seconds, sometimes longer depending on how quick you are to clean it, and then rinse it out. I only give it a 9 because the vessel is VERY tall, which is nice for some purposes, but I have a standard-sized sink, so the container can't stand up straight without the faucet being pointed away from it, so more thorough cleanings (necessary if you grind raw meat/fish, and recommended from time to time anyway) are kind of a drag.

There's nothing complicated or confusing - one on/off switch, and one switch with 2 speeds.

Again, I give it a 9 because the vessel is a bit tall which makes it hard to clean in the sink. Otherwise the design is fantastic - minimal but smart. My favorite features are the lid which fits INTO the vessel and thus prevents spills, and the cord which is able to be wrapped and stored underneath the motor.

For over two years I've used it at least once a day, and on some days up to four or five, and it has yet to show any sign of wear.

• Versatility:

A nice addition to any kitchen.

Comments about Vitamix Turbo Blend Blender 4500:

I purchased Vitamix 2 years ago because of the good reviews. I saw it being sold on TV on flex pay and grabbed the opportunity to own one. It came with a recipe book which is so handy just incase you want to try some new recipes. We mainly use if for smoothies. It was not as noisy as the other cheap brand blender. The only thing I observed is that you needed you needed to blend the fruits and vegetables (depending on the amount an variety) one by one. I usually put spinach or kale in our smoothies, the problem I always encounter is that the spinach or kale wasn't blended or crushed as it is suppose to. I always see whole piece of leaf when I opened the lid.

Tip: Blend the spinach or any other leafy veggies first before adding any other fruits in the mix otherwise the spinach wouldn't be crushed and would still be chunky.

It is so easy to clean but you still need to scrub the inside because some particles stick on the sides.

I love doing some cocktails especially mango margarita, yum!

I still need to try using it for some other recipes like guacamole and dips.

Overall, I love my Vitamix.