4.9
Vitamix
Vitamix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender

Vitamix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender

4.9

Pros

• Stable (3)

• Crushing ice (3)
  • Drinks (3)

My wife love this gift

from Guanica, PR

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

Cons

• everything is good

• Large Kitchen

Comments about Vitamix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender:

This blender have a great quality, is a good choice for your kitchen.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

smarter than the one i had before

from uae

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

• Cooking
    • Large Kitchen
    • Small Kitchen

Comments about Vitamix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender:

This model is newer than what I used while at The Culinary Institute of America. As a recent graduate, I got this as a gift and couldn't be more pleased. Mostly I have made nut butters in it, which all turned out smooth. Everyone knows that nut butters are one of the most difficult things to make well at home, so this model passed the test! I did end up overheating it a few times to the point that it shut off on its own for self preservation, but I am a professional and use this often. When it over heats I just put the base in front of a fan or even covered outside to cool down. I have been able to use it again after 20 minutes of cooling off. Also, the recipe packet that came with it was enjoyable.

It is a great choice

from St Barbara, CA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Good Pitcher
    • Powerful
    • Stable

• Cooking

It is a great choice

It is the best blender that exists throughout the market certainly provides an enviable quality, ensuring more than buy a lifetime investment, as it has finished truly art, made with highly durable materials and what is much better after using it, you will be amazed at the ease with which you can wash it. With this product you will get the perfect kitchen for you and your partner, you can make any kind of smoothies, juices, sauces, experiment and do everything you've always wanted to do in your kitchen.

So pamper the most important thing you have in your life, your family, your children, your siblings, your parents, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your friends in order all your loved ones. It is a producer provides an enviable by all reliability and will make your life much more pleasant.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Best blender you will ever buy!

Comments about Vitamix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender:

There have only been a couple times that the vitamix didn't blend as well as I would like but, I still give it a 10 because, it's a beast. It can blend just about anything. Plus, you can make soup and who can say no to soup?

Blending Power
      If you don't put a certain amount of food in, it doesn't seem to blend well. Otherwise it blends awesome.

Versatility
      You can make just about anything in here.

It's by far and away the easiest blender I have ever owned as far as cleaning. However, it's not as simple as they advertise either. It needs more then a blending with soap.

I wish I didn't have to use the hand stirring cabob for so many things.

It could be a little smaller and sleeker. Then again, if it compromises the quality don't change it!

It's pretty hefty and durable. There have been a few times I smelled something funky and it made strange sounds. That always worries me because, these are so expensive. However, I still think they are extremely durable!

I'm in Smoothie Heaven

from united states

Comments about Vitamix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender:

I am quite pleased with my recent purchase of my VitaMix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender. There is nothing that this blender cannot do. I am able to chop, mix, puree, cream, and blend any recipe idea that my husband throws my way. In addition, smoothies have returned to the regular menu thanks to the ease of use of the VitaMix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender.

The Vitamix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender is quite easy to clean. The lid and container themselves are dishwasher safe. The base of the Vitamix blender is easy ti wipe down. I have not had an issue with any leakage.

My Vitamax Professional Series Variable-Speed blender has been able to create margaritas, smoothies, salsas, milkshakes, marinades, and countless purees. I have thrown countless ingredients into this blender and there is nothing that it cannot handle.

My Blender Review

Comments about Vitamix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender:

This blender is perfect for me. I do a lot of smoothies and juices, and this blender is perfect for that. I love using it, it is quick, and does not take a long time. Cleaning it is easy and saves me a lot of time. The design is great, and the speed is awesome. I recommend this blender to everyone who loves doing smoothies, juices, cocktails, and you can even do ice cream with it. And during the summer if you want a slushy drink this blender will do it too. You just add ice and your favorite drink.

Blending Power
      The blending power is excellent. It is really fast, and it is quick. It does not take a long time blending my smoothies, and juices.

Cleaning it is really easy. You just have to be careful for the blades. But overall cleaning it does not take along time and it does not give you a hard time.

Using it is super easy, you just pop in your ingredients and it will blend it in no time! it is not hard at all using this blender.

• Versatility:

A must have for a lover of cooking

Comments about Vitamix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender:

I've had this product for a year and I absolutely love it. It is well worth the hefty price tag. I use it for many different purposes. I routinely make smoothies and chop vegetables in it. I have also made soups, sorbets, coconut or almond milk and almond flour. My only disappointment has been its ability to make nut butters. I can not get a good consistency with them. If you can afford it, I would definitely recommend it. You won't regret this purchase.

Blending Power
      This blender has tremendous power. It can handle just about anything.

Versatility
      I have used this blender for many different purposes. I've made almond flour, almond or coconut milk, smoothies, fruit sorbets, pasta sauces, soups and chopped vegetables. It has many different uses.

I usually just rinse the blender out with warm water and it gets clean. If you have some stubborn food that won't come off, simply put a drop of dish soap in it with warm water filled halfway. You then turn the blender and gradually increasing speed. Everything comes off so easily this way. You just rinse all the soap off and let it air dry.

This blender is very easy to use. You will always start at the lowest setting. From there you can gradually increase speed. I keep turning the speed up until I have reached the desired consistency.

This blender is definitely bulky and heavy, but you have to put a powerful motor somewhere. It is no more unsightly than any other small appliance I own.

The motor will shut off if it is close to overheating. This prevents you from burning the motor out. I have only had this happen once in the year that I have owned it. The blender has a very long warranty should anything happen to it.

• Versatility:

Great Blender, especially for healthy smoothies

Comments about Vitamix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender:

The Vitamix is a great blender for whipping up your traditional juice and yogurt based smoothies, and whatever else that you might use a blender for. The huge difference between the Vitamix and a normal blender is the ability of the Vitamix to pulverize whole fruits and vegetables into yummy and super healthy drinks. Before owning the Vitamix, I can't remember the last time that my kids were begging for more kale or spinach or broccoli. But with the Vitamix, you can put in a mixture of grapes, apples, bananas, orange, pineapple, cantaloupe and spinach or kale, and after you blend it you have a delicious drink with all of the fruit fiber included, unlike when using a juicer. But it isn't goopy or chunky, which is really good for me since I really detest chunky drinks (pulp in orange juice makes me gag). The end result is smooth and yummy. And the kids beg for more.

The Vitamix is great for other blending tasks also like making soup or crushing ice. If you run it long enough it will create its own heat so that you can make the soup hot simply by letting the Vitamix run for 5 minutes or so, and you end up with steaming hot soup. We have only done this once for the novelty of it because I really prefer a cooked on the stove top simmered soup, but it can be done.

Another of the kids' favorite uses is to whip up some semi health ice cream. We put in half and half (although you could use milk), sugar, vanilla, and usually some frozen fruit (or sometimes cocoa) and some ice. It blends up into a smooth ice cream like treat. The only thing I don't really like about making "ice cream" this way is that sometimes the sugar doesn't dissolve completely and it leaves the finished product a bit gritty. The kids, of course, are not at all bothered by this. It makes for a nice quick and somewhat healthy dessert when you have a sweet tooth and no other dessert on hand.

We also use ours to make hummus, but that can be a little tricky. If you are not careful to turn the Vitamix on high speed quickly after starting to blend, it can overheat and turn itself off. It is not a huge deal because it will restart just fine once it has cooled off, but it can be a pain. We learned this the hard way when we first used the blender to make thicker mixtures. But if you turn it onto high soon after starting to blend, it works great.

One of the downsides of the Vitamix is getting out all of the blended food when you are making something thick like hummus. It is almost impossible to get it all out, and since the blender container doesn't disassemble, it can be harder to clean as well. We are just sure to not let things sit and clean the blender container out right away after using it. Otherwise, it can be a pretty difficult task.

One other down side of the Vitamix is that the blender base and container are so tall that it will not fit on the counter top under a cabinet. We store the blender container in a cabinet and just keep the base on the counter top. It works for us, but I would prefer if I could just keep the whole thing together on top of the counter instead of having to find the space inside another cabinet to keep the pitcher. I have noticed that the newer Vitamix model has a shorter pitcher. I don't know if that alteration now makes the whole blender fit on the counter top under a cabinet, but it is worth looking into if that is important to you. I imagine that the new shorter and fatter blender container might also help to make the pitcher easier to clean out and work with as far as scraping thicket mixtures out of the blender.

All in all, the Vitamix is a great blender. It does ordinary blender tasks very well, and goes above and beyond by allowing you to use and blend whole foods into super healthy smoothies that the whole family loves.

We even take ours on vacation with us to use in the hotel room when we know that we will be on the run and will be eating out a lot with not such healthy food, The Vitamix makes it easy to pick up some fruit and veggies (if you want them) and turn them into a healthy and quick to make supplement to your diet.

• Versatility:

Very handy and powerful blender, useful for a variety of dishes

Comments about Vitamix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender:

Very powerful blender, perfect for soups, salsas, and smoothies. I use it on a daily basis for making smoothies that I take with me to class. I have also made soup with it before on a lower setting.

Blending Power
      Very strong, can obliterate frozen fruits in seconds, only downside is that it is very loud and will wake up other people in the house if used in the early morning.

Versatility
      It is just a tad large and heavy, which makes it difficult to fit into tight spots, it won't fit in the corner of the counter-top, underneath our cabinetry

The blender has faces that sink inside of the cavity, which makes it a little harder to clean. Also when I am blending peanut butter, the butter always gets stuck to the walls of the blender

Very simple, just flip the switch and adjust the power as necessary

The actual blender cavity is oddly designed with faceted edges

The push rod was accidentally chopped to bits when I put it in by mistake with no lid on

Love it!

from Magnolia, TX

Comments about Vitamix Professional Series Variable-Speed Blender:

I bought my Vitamix in January 2012. I have been very pleased with its performance. It blends until all items are perfectly smooth, and it doesn't take very long. This means I can have smooth smoothies that aren't beginning to melt because of the engine heat. It also works well to chop/mince things at a lower speed.

Blending Power
      Amazing blender. I have never seen something blended so smoothly.

Versatility
      Love this blender. It can do pretty much everything. That being said, it could never replace a food processor, which allows you to custom slice things with different attachments depending on what you need. The Vitamix shreds/grinds/minces into similar forms, but it is so helpful to have a machine that can do anything in a pinch.

Just put hot water and soap in the blender and turn it on. It gets everything near the blades. Sometimes you have to wipe near the rim/spout where the water doesn't reach, but it's very easy to clean.

Love it.

I wish that Vitamix jar was a bit wider and the base smaller. The ridges/bumps in the jar make it hard to scrape thicker things, like nut butters out, but overall I have been more than satisfied.

Haven't had any problems with it yet!