3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

Vision Direct: Inexpensive, High Quality, and Fast Shipping

Do you wear contact lenses but hate the high price charged by your local optometrist? If so, then you should try **Visiondirect.com**, a web store for purchasing contact lenses on- line. This store is an affiliate of web giant drugstore.com and it is designed to get you the corrective lenses you need at a low price.

**Web Site Commentary:**Visiondirect.com is an efficient, easy to use web site for purchasing contact lenses. I have been wearing contacts for a long time and one of the nice things about this particular piece of merchandise is that the prices have slowly been dropping over time. In the 1980's, contact lenses were more expensive and less comfortable than they are today. So, not only has the price fallen, the product has gotten better as technology has advanced. Even though prices are generally lower than ever before, a contact wearer can still benefit by spending some time to search for the lowest price possible. Eye care centers often charge inflated prices, both for the convenience they offer and because they know that many consumers are covered by insurance and do not care much about the price. By buying on- line, contact wearers can minimize expenses and still get the same quality product they would find in a store. Placing an order at Visiondirect.com is pretty simple. If you already have an account with drugstore.com Visiondirect.com is affiliated with Drugstore.com), you can use the same logon information for visiondirect.com since they are directly affiliated with each other. I have been using drugstore.com for many years, so my information (billing and shipping address, credit card number, etc.) were already in the database. All I had to do was enter my e-mail account and password, and select my lenses and the number of boxes. With two more clicks, my order was completed. You will have to enter your prescription information to complete an order. The site will ask for your eye doctor's name, the place you got your last exam, the phone number, and so forth in order to comply with federal law. If it has been a long time since your last exam, your order will likely get rejected. You will have to get an eye exam and try again later. The prices charged here at visiondirect.com are a little less than other on- line services and substantially less than those charged at your local vision care office. When I purchased my eight boxes of Bausch & Lomb #59 soft lenses, I paid only $13.95 per box. Since my order exceeded $100, I was given an automatic discount on top of the already lower prices. Had I purchased these same eight boxes at the store, the total cost would have been about 40 percent higher.

**Bottom Line:**

Overall, this is probably the best on- line contact lens shopping experience I have had thus far. I have used other sites but they didn't offer prices as low as Visiondirect.com. There are probably some other good contact lens on- line stores out there in cyberland so I will keep my eyes open for them. One of these days, I will break down, get laser surgery performed on my eyes, and I won't need contact lenses again. But until then, I will continue to shop at Visiondirect.com. The site is easy to use, uncluttered, and efficient. The prices are low and the shipment was sent to my home in a very short time, earning Visiondirect.com a high recommendation.

Indifferent customer service.

I have ordered from Vision Direct two times. The last time I ordered contacts, everything went as planned. This time, when I tried to renew my contact order, the problems started. After several days without receiving my order, I checked online and noticed that the order had been cancelled, but I was never notified. When I called customer service, and told the rep that my order was mysteriously cancelled, he replied, "Well, what would you like me to do about it?" When I asked why the order was cancelled, he said that the prescription was wrong, even though it was exactly the same as my previous order. The rep told me that he had no way of verifying my prescription and that there was nothing he could do. I'll try to call again tomorrow and hopefully get a different rep who can actually provide some service, but I will never buy from this company again.

Pleased WIth Price

from Potomac, MD

Comments about VisionDirect.com:

I have used VIsiondirect.com multiple times. They are one of very few sites that carries a particular contact that I wear. They are significantly less expensive than ordering through my physician's office and significantly less expensive than ordering on most other online sites. Orders have been correct, there doesn't seem to be any problem with old contacts being redated (the contact lens container as well as the box are dated so I don't know how they would open all the contacts, fish them out and put them in new redated containers) and I have been unable to find a class action suit in which they are involved and I went to the government website that lists all recently approved as well as settled class action suits. Customer service was not completely smooth, but not because of rude employees. At check out I entered an incorrect piece of information. I called Visiondirect and they could not have been nicer. The order has to be checked with the physician so everything was corrected. However, at no time was I involved in their subsequent canceling of the order and resubmiting the order. I had placed the order through a rebate site so I lost that. I could have canceled and resubmitted again, but I didn't want to put the doctor through that. I think that VisionDirect needs to work on that procedure. You contact the customer when any action is taken. They also lack any updating system so you know exactly when your contacts will arrive. I have an unusual prescription in one eye so I know the wait time is longer than most orders, but how about an update? I do not believe that they knowingly put anyone's eye health in jeopardy. My order arrived after about 3 weeks which is what I expected and is correct.

Great price, fast service

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about VisionDirect.com:

I ordered a years supply of colored contacts from them a few weeks ago. They had a promotion for new customers to get 20% off and free shipping, plus when you order in bulk, aka 4 or 6 boxes, you get an additional discount. So overall, for $100 I got a years worth of colored contacts. Pretty good deal in my opinion.

I did have one issue when ordering though. You can directly upload you RX to their website to make the service faster. I did this thinking I would have a super quick turnaround since it's the original RX signed by my eye doctor. Every time I checked my order for the next 3 days it just said processing. My husband had placed his own order separately on the same day as me and his already had shipped, so I got a little worried about the hold up. Apparently there was a bit of miscommunication between my eye doctor and Vision Direct so the order couldn't be filled. Once I straightened it all out with my eye doctor I had to call Vision Direct and request that they call him again to verify the RX. I was told a note would be placed on my order for someone to do that. What the point of uploading the original RX achieves I don't know because it didn't speed up anything and they contacted my eye doctor anyway. Regardless, it was all straightened out and I received my order 3 days later.

What I find annoying though is that no one contacted me directly when there was a problem with the RX. Instead the order just said processing and sat there. You would think they would at least send you an email saying there was an issue with your RX and please contact your eye doctor. But nothing.

Product Pricing
Keep an eye out for manufacturer mail in rebates. They list them on the product page and you can get some good deals that way too.

Great Priced Contacts

from Utah

Comments about VisionDirect.com:

I used to order my contacts from Walgreens, because they were the cheapest that I had found. But I decided to check out visiondirect.com, and I found that my contacts (Acuvue Advance +) are cheaper on here than Walgreens. I have started using visiondirect.com for contacts, and I have not had any problems with them since I made the change.

It took about 30 seconds to find my exact type of contact (clicked "Acuvue" on the homepage to narrow to the brand, then took a few seconds to scroll through them to the right ones). But that part was very quick. Entering and doublechecking the information for my specific prescription took a little bit longer. But it was not too bad, and the information is saved for the next time I place an order.

Product Pricing
My contacts are less than $20 for a box of six on this site, whereas the cheapest I had found before was almost $25 for the same box.

Shipping and Returns
Visiondirect.com also offers free shipping on any contact order, which is an amazing deal.

• Shipping and Returns:

A Great place to buy Contacts!

Comments about VisionDirect.com:

When I first started wearing contacts I purchased my lenses at the eye care facility and it cost me an arm and a leg. I believe for just a 6 months supply it cost me $100. Then I heard about 1-800-contacts and decided to start buying my contacts from there, because the prices were cheaper. So I bought my contacts from them for about 5 years. A few months ago when it was around the time for me to order some new contacts, I decided to actually do some research to see if there was a chance I could buy my contacts at a more discounted price than 1-800-contacts. During my research I came across a website called Vision Direct. After comparing the two contacts companies, I decided on buying this years contacts from Vision Direct. Vision Direct had my contacts for a few dollars cheaper for a box, than 1-800-contacts had them. Also Vision Direct had a special promotion that with the very first order of contacts with them, you get 25% off your total order! So I was thrilled! I saved about $50 bucks from ordering from Vision Direct! I ended up spending a total of $144 dollars for the whole year of contacts. I highly recommend any contact wearer to check out Vision Direct the next time they are in need of new contacts.

The website is extremely easy to navigate through. They make it very easy to find the specific contacts you are searching for.

Product Selection
They have many different brands of contacts to choose from. They have Acuvue, Air Optix (my brand), focus, frequency, pure vision and many more.

Product Pricing
Vision Direct is one of the cheapest place to order contacts from.

Shipping and Returns
After ordering I received my contacts within a week.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great place to order contacts

from Downers Grove, IL

Comments about VisionDirect.com:

I've ordered contact lenses directly from my optometrist, from Costco, and from Vision Direct. Vision Direct has been the cheapest option. For first time orders, they offer a 25% coupon code. If you sign-up for their e-mails, they will send you additional codes from time to time. Usually they are for 20% off. Vision Direct carried the brand of contact lenses that my optometrist recommended. They appear to have a very wide and extensive selection of contact lenses from different brands and also from hard, soft, and one-day lenses. For the most part, you order lenses by the box. Each box has 6 contact lenses. You can also buy a year's worth of boxes which is 8 boxes per eye and save some money that way. You enter your prescription when you checkout which is straightforward. Free shipping is offered on contact lenses orders. E-mail correspondence is quick and informative: order confirmation and shipping confirmation. My lenses arrived in about a week. When my lenses run out, I plan on using Vision Direct again.

horrible customer service

from Oxford, CT

Comments about VisionDirect.com:

I ordered contacts through vision direct once because I had a coupon and everything went fine. They took my payment and my contacts were sent to me in a timely manner and I was very pleased with my purchase. The problems with vision direct started when it was time to order more contacts from them. I ordered them a few weeks before it was time to throw out my last pair of contacts. I wear the monthly pair of contacts and it is very important for me to throw them out at that month mark because I have bad eye allergies. Well I had not received my order by the time I needed a new pair of contacts. I called the customer service which was horrible by the way and found out my order had been canceled for no apparent reason. I am not sure if my prescription was not approved or what but it would have been nice to know! I had to go to my eye doctors and rush order contacts but luckily he was able to give me a pair to hold me over.

16 days and I haven't received my contacts yet

Comments about VisionDirect.com:

Submitted an order December 2nd for contacts. Its December 18th and I still don't have them. Customer service gives the same generic answer every time I ask about the status (same generic answer but different person every time). There is no rush to expedite this order despite its asenine processing time. I'm sure they're great if you don't need your contacts for a month, but if you need them sooner I don't recommend it. Have to get a sample pair from my eye doctor in the meantime because its taking SO LONG.

Best prices for contacts that we've found online!

from Goshen, IN

Comments about VisionDirect.com:

I have literally no complaints about visiondirect.com. We have ordered contacts 4 different times and have had no problems at all. I looked at multiple .com sites for the lowest prices of contacts and visiondirect.com beat all the others The ordering process is quite straight-forward. You find the brand you wear, enter in your prescription information, put the contacts in your cart and pay. The company will confirm your prescription with your eye doctor and then ship out your lenses. They arrive really quickly usually. Also, free shipping is pretty easy to get as are discount codes. Do a search for visiondirect.com discount codes before you order because there are usually some available. They usualy offer 20% off your first order anyway and will often send you emails offering discounts too. If there is any problem with your prescription, they will contact you via email and they will keep you up-to-date on your order and let you know when it ships out - very good communications from them . We are very happy with visiondirect.com and will continue to buy our contact from them. I checked around again recently and they are still the best priced for our needs.

cheap contact lenses !

from MA

Comments about VisionDirect.com:

I used to use this site a few years ago when I wore contact lenses daily . Actually , this site was recommended to me by the eye doctor at Walmart where I always have my examined . He told me that even though I had my eyes examined at Walmart , that I was under no obligation to buy either glasses or contacts from Walmart but there were several places online that actually had cheaper contact lenses and offered more brand options . This totally amazed me coming from an eye doctor - I asked if he was affiliated with Walmart but he was not - they are separate from Walmart but rent space at their stores so I guess there was no conflict there .

I was very pleased with the contacts at this site . They had Bausch and Lomb, accuvue , Softlens and others . The prices are very , very competitive and they offer dailies ( disposeable lenses ) as well s those you wear longer ( monthly use , etc . ) Actually , the same eye doctor told me that I had an RX for daily lenses , they were actually good for much longer than daily use and could be cleaned and used for a month's time with no problems at all and he was right !

This is a much better place to buy contacts than a Walmart chain which you would imagine might be a cheaper option but is not .

Order Far in Advance

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about VisionDirect.com:

If you go into the online contact lens buying experience with your eyes open, you won't be disappointed. I've ordered from VisionDirect.com a couple of times and was not surprised when my lenses didn't arrive instantaneously. I'm usually not in a rush when I order things from the internet because 1) I am too cheap to pay for expedited shipping and 2) unless I go to the store myself, I understand that how quickly something reaches me is out of my control.

Unless VisionDirect has an unexpired prescription on file (generally less than a year old), there's no way they can guarantee overnight shipping. Under the law, US companies must verify your prescription with your eye doctor before they ship your lenses. Sometimes it takes a doctor's office awhile to verify it, and that is why VisionDirect and other online lens companies throw that caveat into the fine print of their shipping policies.

I buy from Vision Direct because they offer the lowest prices, great coupons, and have a nice selection of lenses. They are also linked to several online shop for points/rewards programs, and usually offer a pretty good payout.

Expect to receive several dozen marketing emails from them per year. I always unsubscribe.