4.1
Other Eye Drops & Lubricants:
Visine

4.1

Visine A.C. Provides Quick Redness Removal

Many factors can lead to eyes that are red and sore. Lack of sleep, allergies, particles in the air, and other factors can make the eyes look less than attractive. One product that helps to eliminate the problem of red eye is **Visine A.C Astringent Redness Reliever Eye Drops. **

**Eye Care Commentary:**

Visine A.C Astringent Redness Reliever Eye Drops is an eye- relief product sold in a small plastic bottle containing either one- half or one ounce. The liquid is clear and it is deposited into the eyes, one or two drops at a time, by leaning the head back and squeezing the bottle to release a couple of drops directly into the affected eye. The drops can be reapplied every four hours as needed. Visine A.C. contains the active ingredients Tetrahydrozoline HCl 0.05% (Redness Reliever) and Zinc Sulfate 0.25% (Astringent).

I don't suffer from many health ailments, but I do wear contacts and sometimes my contact lenses (if not as perfectly clean as they should be) will cause irritation in my eyes that leads to redness. I also have the occasional redness problem from lack of sleep and sometimes even from dust. The irritation leads to rubbing, which only compounds the problem further, leading to sore, bloody- looking eyes that can cause a major distraction from work and other daily tasks.

Fortunately, there are several remedies to this type of problem and Visine A.C Astringent Redness Reliever Eye Drops is one of a handful of good, quality eye relief products that I use when this type of problem gets in the way of a productive day. The small bottle is easy to carry around and all it takes is a squeeze of the bottle to release a couple drops of eye relief. There is a slight sting when applying the drops, which is normal, but there are no other side effects or anything else to worry about.

My eyes certainly feel better after applying Visine A.C Astringent Redness Reliever Eye Drops. The redness fades almost instantly with these drops, and I would say that the redness relief is the product's strongest quality. It also makes the eyes more comfortable and relieves irritation, but to a somewhat lesser extent. Yes, the comfort factor is certainly present after using these eye drops, but not quite to the extent that I have experienced with other eye drop products, like Clear Eyes. With Visine A.C Astringent Redness Reliever Eye Drops, it takes a little longer to experience the level of comfort that Clear Eyes and other eye drops produce.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Visine A.C Astringent Redness Reliever Eye Drops are a good, reliable product that wipe out redness immediately, but take a little longer to make the eyes feel comfortable enough that you won't need to rub them anymore. They rate an A plus for redness removal, but only a B minus for restoring comfort to the eyes. Still, Visine A.C Astringent Redness Reliever Eye Drops are a good product overall and while they may not be the very best on the market, they certainly provide enough relief to help eliminate the distraction caused by sore eyes so that you can go about your day.

Visine A.C. does nothing for your eyes but dry them out

For as long as I remember I have suffered from seasonal and other allergies. Not only do I have a stuffy nose, but my eyes are really itchy and red. I can't stop rubbing them and need something to relieve that.

The last 4 years I used Visine A.C. to relieve the itching, but although I thought it was helping me, I was actually ruining my eyes. I constantly had the feeling that someone threw sand in my eyes durignt he months of the allergy season. To me it seemed that that was one of the symptoms of my allergy. Wrong!! The Visine A.C. dried out my eyes so badly, that my cornea was starting to break up, which gave me the feeling of having sand in my eyes.

I used the drops only twice or three times a day. Nothing outside the recommended usage. When I met an optician one day and told him about how badly I was affected by the allergies, he mentioned that there was no reason to be suffering like that. He offered to give me a free eye exam and do a recommendation for eye drops. This man saved my eyes. Without him I would have continued using Visine A.C. and really messed up my eyes.

Some nights I could not sleep, because I could not keep my eyes open OR closed. I hurt so badly. Since I do not have any medical insurance, I stuck to OTC drops which I knew from ads on magazines or on TV. Now I have found other OTC drops that cost about the same as the Visine A.C. and work a million times better. This year I can even keep on wearing my contact lenses during the allergy season; something I have not been able to do for a long time.

An excellent product for allergy-related eye discomfort.

from Beaverton, OR

Comments about Visine A.C. Eye Drops:

Visine A. C. eye drops are a marvelous product.Just two drops in each affected eye will provide relief from allergy-caused eye problems such as dryness, itching, and watering.There are no colors or fragrances added, so there is no chance whatsoever of the eye drops themselves being a source of irritation.This product is an excellent value for the money, and it comes in a very convenient small bottle for easy portability.Overall, I find this to be, if not THE best, at least in the top 10 best for eyecare products.

Visine AC works very well on stressed eyes.

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Visine A.C. Eye Drops:

I have used Visine AC for years.  This product has always owned up to its competition with very high marks in my opinion.  As a consumer, I want to trust in the products claims before and after I buy it.  I would recommend Visine AC for anyone that suffers with stress, strained, red eyes.

Visine A.C. Eyedrops are a life savor for Seasonal Allergies

from Flower Mound, TX

Comments about Visine A.C. Eye Drops:

I've always been lucky that my allergies are not very bad. I have known several people that have full blown allergies, and they have to stay inside because of them.  Well, latley my eyes have been very sensitive to pollens and mold.  My eyes constantly itched and were completly red all the time. I have always hated medicine - and even eye drops.  A friend gave me a coupon for Visine A.C.  so I decided to give it a try.

Visine AC claims to "Gets The Red Out®" and give "Seasonal Itching & Redness Relief".  The directions say that you can use it up to 4 times a day. And let me tell you they have been a life saver for me. Withing 10 minutes of  use the burning, itching and redness started to go away. I did not even experience stinging sensation at all.  The relief lasted a very long time.

Visine A.C. Eyedrops could not have been easier to use -  Simply unscrew the top of the convinent - carry in your purse size bottle - squeeze 1 - 2 drops in each eye - and if needed repeat.  I have learned to use this at the onset of itchy, watery eyes, and I don't have to repeat as often - like I do when I don't use it right away!

I am a contact lense wearer, and have not had any problems with these drops.  They do state that they can cause drying for contact users, but I have not experienced this.

Visine A.C. Eye Drops are great for allergy season!

from Dothan, AL

Comments about Visine A.C. Eye Drops:

Living in the South brings blooms year-round. When Spring and Summer come, the pollen and blooms are multiplied. My allergies are usually sinus related, but this Spring I found myself going to the grocery store in search of eye drops to ease the pain of my sore, itchy dry eyes. I tried the cheap over the counter ones, but they did nothing to help. I tried another name brand eye drop, but it didn't help either. So I tried Visine A.C. Eye Drops. I was amazed at how much these drops helped my allergy, dry, itchy eyes.

From now on, I won't leave on any trips or suffer any allergies without my Visine A.C. Eye Drops. They soothed the dryness, got rid of the scratchy sand paper feeling, and helped me sleep so much better.

It is now Spring in the South again and my allergies are in full bloom. Along with taking my allergy meds, I keep the Visine beside my bed. I also keep one in my purse in case I need them on the road.

A "must have" if you suffer from itchy eyes...

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about Visine A.C. Eye Drops:

This product is an absolute "must have" for me.  I wouldn't consider running out of it and not replacing it.

I have severe allergies, and I suffer from them all year round.  I am allergic to dogs, cats, grass, mold, dust, dust mites, etc. etc.  It's a never-ending list!  I do take allergy medicine, which helps a lot.  But sometimes my eyes will get so itchy I need something to relieve them quickly.  This product is the solution.

When my eyes get itchy, I want to just rip them out.  I put the Visine AC eye drops in and within just minutes I have relief.  The drops don't burn either, and that is a positive.  I have used other products that make my eyes burn, and that is not pleasant on top of the itch.

The only downside with this product (and this is a downside with all allergy eye drops) is that they do not work with contact lenses.  If I have to use the drops, I have to remove my contacts.  My contact lenses are dailies, so once I remove them, I have to throw them away.  Then I need to put new ones in about 30 minutes later.  The drops will definitely have a tendency to dry out my eyes a little.  Because of that, it takes time before I can put the contact lenses back in.

Otherwise, they work like a charm and I would recommend them highly.

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Visine A.C. Eye Drops:

So I tried to avoid buying this product for as long as I could because I am cheap and thought this product would not work. HOWEVER, I stand corrected because Visine A.C. Eye Drops works amazingly. I personally have very sensitive eyes. Smoke, foliage, and onions seems to do the worst damage to my eyes even after being slightly around either three of them. Those three items tend to make my eyes burn and turn red, so much so that sometimes I can't sleep at night because it hurts so badly. After using this product sleeping was NOT at issue at all. I put two drops in both eyes and the burning sensation was gone almost instantaneously which made me very happy about my purchase. The cost wasn't mad at all either. This is not only a product, but also a band that I would highly recommend due to the fact that Visine eye drops come in so many different formulas to meet a wide range of needs. Overall, this is an A+++ product!

Visine Makes my Eyes Less Red Instantly!

from Manchester, IA

Comments about Visine A.C. Eye Drops:

The air in my house must be really dry, because when I wake up every morning, my eyes are very red and bloodshot - even if I've gotten a really good nights sleep. At first this was very frustrating because as soon as I'd go out and about my day in the morning, I'd have people all over the place asking if I was okay and why was I crying or if I had pink eye and shouldn't I be at home NOT contaminating others? I tried several other drops on the market, but none really took the redness away for all day, most only worked for a little bit at a time and then the redness and bloodshot look would come back. But once I tried Visine, I was hooked! These eyedrops are very moderately priced, and to make it even better, there are often coupons available to make them ever more inexpensive! The red stayed away all day and my eyes were clear and didn't feel dry and itchy anymore! This is a great product that I think everyone should use!

Visine A.C. does nothing for your eyes but dry them out

from Levittown, NY

Quick Eye Allergy Relief

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Visine A.C. Eye Drops:

It often seems that I'm allergic to everything, simply everything. I take Claritin twice a day but I still get sniffly and I still get itchy red eyes, particularly in the spring time. My eyes don't itch often enough to go to the doctor, but they do itch often enough that I always have a bottle of **Visine A.C. Astringent Redness Reliever Eye Drops** around. **About Visine and Visine A.C. Astringent Drops** Visine eye drops, made by Pfizer, have been around since before I can remember. They make a large lineup of eye drops for all sorts of needs. They have drops for contact users, antihistamine-based eyedrops and standard lubricating eyedrops. There are five "Redness Reliever" eye drop products. The "Redness Reliever" name lets you know that the drops use a vasoconstrictor formulation which will reduce the appearance of the blood vessels in your eyes. Eye redness is caused by inflamed blood vessels. ***Active Ingredients:** Tetrahydrozoline HCl 0.05% (Redness Reliever), Zinc Sulfate 0.25% (Astringent)* ***Inactive Ingredients:** Benzalkonium chloride, boric acid, edetate disodium, purified water, sodium chloride and sodium citrate* ***Directions:** Put 1 to 2 drops in the affected eyes up to 4 times daily. Children under six years of age - consult a doctor.* ***Available Sizes:** .5 fl. oz. and 1.0 fl. oz. bottles* **Using the Drops** Putting in the drops is a simple matter, if you're not completely freaked out by dropping little things into your eyes. Fortunately I am not. I add two drops to each eye when they're feeling particularly itchy and red.

**How Well They Work** The itchiness doesn't immediately go away, it never does, but the drops do provide some limited immediate relief. The itchiness and redness usually slightly fade after about five or ten minutes. Within a half hour my eyes are always back to normal, unless the pollen in the air is so bad that they just continue reacting to the allergens.

**Cat's Bottom Line**Visine is a product we always have nearby in our household. I use it most in the spring but it gets used routinely throughout the year as well. Visine really *does* "get the red out" and does a fantastic job of it at a cheap price. I can highly recommend this product to anyone whose eyes get irritated regularly.

keeps eyes moisturized

from JenniferRMartino@gmail.com, CT

Comments about Visine A.C. Eye Drops:

Been using this product after I got glasses, I had a small problem before I got glasses but after wearing glasses I noticed that I needed this even more.  I use this product all the time to keep my eyes dry and especially when I have not got enough sleep the night before my eyes feel tired and that is usually when I need more visine to keep my eyes feeling better.  This works really well to keep my eyes hydrated and keeping it well enough so you will not have to buy another eye drop ever in your life.  Not only does this work really well but it also have it for a longer period of time compared to other products that I have used before with lesser results.  I usually buy the dry eye stuff instead of just the normal one, do not ever buy the red eye reduction becuase that tends to bother and actually can hurt your eyes even more than others.  So make sure that you don't buy that stuff, ONLY dry eye relief.