2.3

Cons

Vanilla card - scam

from Ontario, Canada

Comments about Visa - Vanilla Visa:

My friend offered me a $150 vanilla card last year on my birthday and to this date I have not been able to use the funds in it. Their customer service is the worst ever, as they do not know anything about their products or they act as if they do not know and they are not helpful at all. This is the perfect scam: one buys a card to offer it as a present as it was my case, and when I called them to inquire as to why I cannot use the funds, they said the card is blocked and nobody has been able to unblock it until now. I feel sorry for my friend who lost 150$, and for the fact that I wasted so much time in calls and letters to their 'so called' compliance department, and customer service, as all they keep on saying is that they cannot do anything about it. If this is not highway robbery, what is it? If you value your wallet, please avoid the vanilla card at all cost. Disappointed customer

Vanilla pre paid gift cards

from New Jersey

Comments about Visa - Vanilla Visa:

I used these cards on a trip and never had a problem with any of them. I registered them with my zip code and paid for gas right at the pump. Used them to pay for motel rooms and food never a problem

NEVER BUY

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Visa - Vanilla Visa:

Bought card and couldn't register for it, call customer service and they didn't help eith

Convenient And Easy To Use

Comments about Visa - Vanilla Visa:

I use the Vanilla Visa card quite frequently. I use this card because it is very simple to purchase, load and use. The card does cost $4.95 which is a little more expensive than some other prepaids but is still cheaper than using my other bank issued credit cards. This is a one time loadable card. I simply purchase the card, register it online and it's ready to use. When my balance reaches zero, I simply throw it away. I have never had an issue with declined transactions or over the limit fees, as I can only spend what is available on the card. The Vanilla Visa is accepted anywhere that Visa is accepted. I have used the card to pay bills online and in person. I often use the card for online purchasing, it is safer to use and keeps my personal information from getting into the wrong hands. I have found this to be a very useful prepaid card and will continue to use it in the future.

Great Gift!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Visa - Vanilla Visa:

I received a Vanilla VISA card as a gift and was thrilled with it! It was such a nice, flexible gift!

I loved that it was VISA branded so I could use it anywhere VISA was accepted, including McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, the grocery store, etc. I used mine everywhere! The only place I didn't use it was the gas station because they put a hold of up to $75 on the funds on your card and you have to wait for the transaction to settle before the difference is released back to be used. It's annoying and unnecessary so I don't bother using it at the gas station.

It's super easy to check your balance so you know exactly how much you have to spend. I mainly used their website but you can use their automated service number as well.

There is a fee to activate the card so it's wise to plan for that if you're the giver. The recipient pays no fees to receive or use the card.

The card is also not reloadable as are some prepaid cards. So you can't add additional funds after the initial gift runs out.

I was very happy with my card and thought it was a fabulous gift! I definitely recommend it!

• Available Rates:

WARNING prepaid vanilla visa is a SCAM

There should be negative starts.. They get a -10 from me

Advice?

DO NOT purchase these cards. I have purchased 3 defected cards that were apparently "packaged wrong" as per vanilla visa customer service. They were all $150.00 cards and I had to go out of my way and have the cards/receipts faxed to their "headquarters" so that they can figure out whats wrong with it and send a new one. This is supposed to only take 7-10 days and its been a month for one of the cards and I cannot find out any info about whats going on. This HORRIBLE SCANDALOUS company owes me $300.00 and I am going to have to get a lawyer involved since I have not heard from them and there is no way of contacting the headquarters...This card is NOT worth it...I have never had a problem with the vanilla mastercard or american express..

Disgusting Scam

from Bayonne, NJ

Comments about Visa - Vanilla Visa:

Don't buy this Visa gift card! They decline the card right and left! I have never had these problems with other cards. I was given a $100. gift card, tried to use it for dinner in New Orleans, it was declined. Tried calling customer service, it's constantly busy. Then I tried to use it towards my hotel bill, again it was declined. Checked the balance online, still had 100.00 on it.

I have since used some of the card at Home Depot, but there is 8.99 remaining and I can't use it - it keeps getting declined. I dislike the idea of Visa gift cards, but this is the worst of the lot. I had a different one with me on my trip that worked, no problem. Do your gift recipients a favor, don't buy this!

Nice idea, sucky execution

from Santa Clara, CA

Comments about Visa - Vanilla Visa:

This card is a complete scam.

First, any problem you have with a Vampire VISA (sucking the life and money out of gift cards) is going to be extremely painful. As in "dentist doing a root canal with no novocaine" painful. The seller will tell you any issues have to be handled by V V, who is essentially unreachable. If by some miracle you do the incantations correctly and get through to the rude customer reps at V V, they're likely to tell you that any issues stem from the seller. So good luck getting a working card.

Second, the card cannot be used online. It just can't. Forget what V V says about "registering" the card. Forget calling the number in either. Don't even try, because every time a merchant tries to charge your V V, the company takes $1 off the balance. Which you won't ever (at least, at 30 days I'm assuming never) see again.

Finally, the card gets refused even when everything is supposed to be "right"--I don't know if the V V authorization system is a little old lady humming modem codes into a telephone or what, but sometimes the transaction goes through, sometimes it doesn't with no apparent rhyme or reason.

AVOID VANILLA VISA. IT IS A RIP OFF OF THE FIRST ORDER!

Vanilla Visa a prepaid visa card

from Klamath Falls, OR

Comments about Visa - Vanilla Visa:

I have a hard time with Vanilla Visa Gift Cards and I do mean cardS I have purchased many over the years . I use to not ever have problems but now they are constant. When I  use to buy Vanilla Visa Gift Cards I used them to purchase online or at a retail store. But within the last several months I found every time I try to use them they decline my purchase. I have called them many many times And when I get customer service the people are nice but they blame the business I'm trying to get a product or service from. You have to register the card  and then hope it works. which for me has been a guess. I wont go through the hassles anymore because its not worth it. A gift card should mean someone gave it to you and you can buy your self something. However every time I use it it wont go through so why would I buy it for someone else to go through that. And lots of companies wont allow you to use a prepaid card to purchase online items. I personally wish i could find a prepaid card that  has real buying power. Guess I'll still look.