2.7

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Rates:

Better than a Green Dot card

The Visa Gift Card works just like your regular credit card. They can be purchased at almost any grocery store in the nation. The way they work is each card has a specific number on top of the package and says what they're worth. That is how much you have to pay for the card. Mine was a $25 gift card so I paid the $25 and then I had to pay a $3.95 for a purchase fee. So I actually paid $28.95 and have a card worth $25.

The Visa Gift Card can be used for purchases online after you register your card online. This card is non reloadable and cannot be used in ATM machines. Also it cannot be used for placing bets. An administrative fee of $2 per month will be deducted starting in the thirteenth month after the date the gift card was activated.

This card is much better and simpler than the Green Dot Prepaid credit card. You can go online and see how much is left in that card at their internet site. Also if you return an item that you purchased with the card the money goes back on it.

I reccommend this card, but still say you might as well give the person cash instead of buying this card since you have to pay a $3.95 purchase fee.

Stop, don't touch that Visa Gift Card!

I was in CVS buying lots of stuff including two gift cards. I had Kohl's in my hand. I had Target's in my hand. I had CVS in my hand. I then decided that I would get Robin, my mom's private caregiver, and my hairdresser **Visa gift cards **so** **they could go anywhere they want. **1.** I just pulled down the $50 one and the $25 one. I know I am responsible but I feel everyone should know so they don't make the mistake I made.**2.** Under the dollar amount which is in large numbers are smaller print which I did not see and even if I did I'm not sure I could read it. I later learned that it said $4.95 activation fee and $3.95 activation fee.

I feel terrible because I would rather have given that 10% - $5.00 to Robin. Once they are bought theVisa gift cards can't be returned because they are activated when paid for.

I learned never to get a **Visa gift card** (I believe this is true of American Express and Master Card as well.) because they make money one them. I think this is an awful way to do business especially when people don't have extra money to blow and when it would have been just as easy to get a store gift card. On my way out I saw on the receipt the charges for the expiration date and was angry and sad at the same time. Hope this helps someone not throw away money.

**There is a link below and I do not see anything that shows there is a 10% charge. **

I will never buy a Visa or MasterCard gift card again

from Houston, TX

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

My wife and I bought a MasterCard gift card for our son. (Visa and MasterCard gift cards have the same 800 number, the same website to register, etc.) The card was activated at the store and came with a gift receipt, and so we gave him both the card and gift receipt. When he tried to use it it wouldn't work. So he called the toll-free number and could not get them to activate it. Then I called and was told, "The cashier improperly activated the card", and when I said that I had a gift receipt, they said the receipt didn't matter. Several different people blamed the cashier--including a supervisor, because I called more than once to see if I could get someone who actually would help. Every time I called they said I needed to FAX in some information, but every person told me something different to FAX. One time it was the hand-written card number and my phone number. The next time it was the hand-written number and my email address. The third time I was told it could take up to five business days after the information was received. Another time I was told I needed a photocopy of both sides of the card, the hand-written card number, my phone number, and my email address, and that it would take 7-10 business days before I could use the card. When I said that length of time was ridiculous, the supervisor then changed it to 3-5 business days and then 1-2 business days. I'm sure most of the people on the other end of the phone line are average, normal people just making a living, but the way things are set up by Visa/MasterCard, especially blaming the problem exclusively on the cashier when a gift receipt was given, makes a what should be a nice experience into a really big pain at best. So, Happy Birthday!

Worthless

from boston ma

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

Very limited use. Last night, in a restaurant, my card was declined 2times. Two brand new $50.00 cards. I verified it before using. Little known fact. When a restaurant inputs the amount, VISA automatically adds 17-20% (for tip) to approve the card. Example.: Input $100, VISA changes it to $118, and card denied because it it over the $100 limit. Very embarrassing. NEVER, EVER try to charge at a restaurant more than $83.25, or it will be declined. TOTALLY WORTHLESS CARD, IF YOU ASK ME.

I would never use this gift card again!

from Mission Viejo, CA

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

The card had a 2.00 transaction on it when I received it so it would not register. Once I went through the hassle of getting it registered I was to no one else could use it even though the weird charge was apparent. I used the card twice and on the third try it was refused. Someone else used my card and almost all of the balance. I have reported this and a dispute is in process that may run 90 days before I get the balance of over $100. I complained that this is a result of their mistakes and was told that they have a process and nothing else can be done.

Awards2Go

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

Don't use this as a reward for your customers! Awards2go will charge a maintenance fee to their card every month unless they use up the balance immediately. This will turn a good-will gesture from your company into a disappointed or angry customer. If you want bad reviews based on someone else's practices then go for it, but it's been an absolute waste of our money and relationship with valued customers!

This card is joke and pretty much a scam!!

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

My mother bought me a $50 Visa gift card as a gift and I used the card one time for a $7 purchase and then misplaced the card luckily I still had the card number from the $7 online purchase that I had made I called in to get a replacement card and after going thru months (like almost a year) of b.s calling them and being told i would be called back they finally told me that I would need the receipt from when my mom originally purchased the card in order for them to replace it and there was nothing they could do for me without it. Like how am I suppose to still have it almost a year later first of all and secondly it was gift I was never given the receipt. So now I'm just out the $43 left on the card which is pretty much the whole balance and that's it there's no more that can be done, and I was told this by a supervisor. Absolutely absord. I will never purchase another card from nor would I recommend them to anyone.

Good card

from Utah

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

I won one of these gift cards out of a cereal box, and it worked very well. I could use it at any place that accepted Visa, and it could be swiped like any other credit card. The only downside was that it was hard to use the end amount that was on the card. I won a $25 card, and I mainly used it for small purchases while on a trip (drinks, snacks, etc). It worked fine for those small purchases as long as there was enough money on the card. But I had trouble when I tried to use it for the final purchase. The items that I was buying cost more than the amount of money left on the card. I hoped to use the card first to use up the money that was on it and then pay for the rest with something else. But it kept trying to use the card for the whole purchase and declining it because there weren't enough funds on it. In the end, I just gave up the little bit of money left (it only had a dollar or so that I was trying to use up). But other than the end, this card worked quite well, and I was very pleased with it.

Don't get one.

from Knoxville, Tn

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

I never leave bad reviews on anything, but this is the first time I've been furious with a company. Don't bother getting one. The employees that you speak with if you need to call customer service are incredibly rude. They aren't helpful and the don't care what happens if your charged for an item that you never receive. If they do mention you getting the money back it takes like 3 weeks. Again, the customer service people are INCREDIBLY rude.

SCAM!! Monthly $2 maintenance fee

from Houston

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

DO NOT BUY this card for anyone. This card has a 5 yr expiration but after 1 yr of "inactivity" they charge $2/MONTH. I lost $44 out of my $50 gift card.

Ofcourse, such stealing of money under the disguise of unfair fees is not at all a surprise coming from a financial company. Extremely unethical!

I will NEVER buy a Visa card again

from Quincy, IL

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

First of all after one purchase my card got blocked when it had $49 still on it. I went to multiple stores only to find it be declined. When I called Visa to complain they said it would take 2 business days to fix. Well it's been a week, and has it been fixed?? Nope not at all! I purchased the card to use for online shopping, but I guess that won't be happening. Will never buy a Visa card again. Absolutely pathetic. Only giving one star because no stars is not an option

I WILL NEVER BUY OR USE ANOTHER VISA GIFT CARD, AGAIN, EVER!

from Orange County, Calif.

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

Very limited use. Last night, in a restaurant, my card was declined 3 times. Brand new $100.00 card. I verified it before using. Little known fact. When a restaurant inputs the amount, VISA automatically adds 17-20% (for tip) to approve the card. Example.: Input $100, VISA changes it to $118, and card denied because it it over the $100 limit. Very embarrassing. NEVER, EVER try to charge at a restaurant more than $83.25, or it will be declined. TOTALLY WORTHLESS CARD, IF YOU ASK ME.