2.8

2.8

Pros

Cons

Better than a Green Dot card

The Visa Gift Card works just like your regular credit card. They can be purchased at almost any grocery store in the nation. The way they work is each card has a specific number on top of the package and says what they're worth. That is how much you have to pay for the card. Mine was a $25 gift card so I paid the $25 and then I had to pay a $3.95 for a purchase fee. So I actually paid $28.95 and have a card worth $25.

The Visa Gift Card can be used for purchases online after you register your card online. This card is non reloadable and cannot be used in ATM machines. Also it cannot be used for placing bets. An administrative fee of $2 per month will be deducted starting in the thirteenth month after the date the gift card was activated.

This card is much better and simpler than the Green Dot Prepaid credit card. You can go online and see how much is left in that card at their internet site. Also if you return an item that you purchased with the card the money goes back on it.

I reccommend this card, but still say you might as well give the person cash instead of buying this card since you have to pay a $3.95 purchase fee.

Stop, don't touch that Visa Gift Card!

I was in CVS buying lots of stuff including two gift cards. I had Kohl's in my hand. I had Target's in my hand. I had CVS in my hand. I then decided that I would get Robin, my mom's private caregiver, and my hairdresser **Visa gift cards **so** **they could go anywhere they want. **1.** I just pulled down the $50 one and the $25 one. I know I am responsible but I feel everyone should know so they don't make the mistake I made.**2.** Under the dollar amount which is in large numbers are smaller print which I did not see and even if I did I'm not sure I could read it. I later learned that it said $4.95 activation fee and $3.95 activation fee.

I feel terrible because I would rather have given that 10% - $5.00 to Robin. Once they are bought theVisa gift cards can't be returned because they are activated when paid for.

I learned never to get a **Visa gift card** (I believe this is true of American Express and Master Card as well.) because they make money one them. I think this is an awful way to do business especially when people don't have extra money to blow and when it would have been just as easy to get a store gift card. On my way out I saw on the receipt the charges for the expiration date and was angry and sad at the same time. Hope this helps someone not throw away money.

**There is a link below and I do not see anything that shows there is a 10% charge. **

SCAM!! Monthly $2 maintenance fee

from Houston

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

DO NOT BUY this card for anyone. This card has a 5 yr expiration but after 1 yr of "inactivity" they charge $2/MONTH. I lost $44 out of my $50 gift card.

Ofcourse, such stealing of money under the disguise of unfair fees is not at all a surprise coming from a financial company. Extremely unethical!

I will NEVER buy a Visa card again

from Quincy, IL

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

First of all after one purchase my card got blocked when it had $49 still on it. I went to multiple stores only to find it be declined. When I called Visa to complain they said it would take 2 business days to fix. Well it's been a week, and has it been fixed?? Nope not at all! I purchased the card to use for online shopping, but I guess that won't be happening. Will never buy a Visa card again. Absolutely pathetic. Only giving one star because no stars is not an option

I WILL NEVER BUY OR USE ANOTHER VISA GIFT CARD, AGAIN, EVER!

from Orange County, Calif.

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

Very limited use. Last night, in a restaurant, my card was declined 3 times. Brand new $100.00 card. I verified it before using. Little known fact. When a restaurant inputs the amount, VISA automatically adds 17-20% (for tip) to approve the card. Example.: Input $100, VISA changes it to $118, and card denied because it it over the $100 limit. Very embarrassing. NEVER, EVER try to charge at a restaurant more than $83.25, or it will be declined. TOTALLY WORTHLESS CARD, IF YOU ASK ME.

wish 0 stars was an option

from Australia

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

Literally the worst product i've ever come across, i legitimately just made a review account to let the world know how terrible this product really is. After trying to log into my account to check my balance for free online, my account got locked and i was told to "try again later".There was not even a recovery account options prior to trying and so this was inevitable It has been over an hour since i first tried and i'm still being told to try again later...when is later. After researching what others did in my situation, i was recommended to ring customer service ( i was hesitant to do this before because it costs $1 which is deducted from the card). In order to talk to an actual service provider it is an addition $3 deducted from the card. Upon ringing i was not even prompted to a service provider instead at the cost of $1 reaching the balance line to be told what i already knew....my account was locked. So here i am, angry beyond belief writing reviews on every review website i find. I would have more satisfaction setting $100 on fire then using this product.

THIS CARD SUCKS

from Deer Lodge, Montana

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

1. My card was hacked 2. It took 3 months to get my money back 3. I still don't have access to my money because my card is blocked & they "are working on it" 4. You can't use the card for online purchases -- here is their small print "Visa Gift Cards may NOT be used at any merchant, including Internet and mail or telephone order merchants..." 5. This card along with their customer service SUCKS -- DO NOT BUY!!!!

Would Not buy this

from Fort Wright, ky

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

Received as a gift card. Attempted to pump gas, payed at pump, declined so paid with another method of payment. Tried using at another store and had 0 balance. Entire amount on card 100.00 became a pending transaction, from the gas station, being held for what is now 2 weeks. Stick with cash for gifts or opt for a specific retail/food chain card.

Stay Away

from Illinois

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

Beware of these cards, my daughter was given multiple cards as reward for pageant contest. When she went to use them some had been used online and some had a zero balance due to monthly service fees. TOTAL RIP OFF! Rating should be zero stars.

Great to have for online shopping!

Profile Image

from Florida

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

I do A LOT of online shopping and generally like to set limits for myself when spending money online. I have in the past bought Visa gift cards for a set limit so that I don't go over my limit.

It's super helpful when shopping online, and well anywhere because it really helps you stick within your budget.

Here at least when you buy your Visa gift card, there is a small fee for the actual card, and then you can load it for any amount from twenty five dollars to I think five hundred. Which makes it great for not only purchasing for yourself, but giving as gifts too, cause who doesn't like money!?

I have had no probalems when purchasing, using or redeeming my Visa gift cards, and will continue to buy and load them in the future.

Customer Service
I have only ever dealt with customer service for the Visa Gift Card once in the past, but they were very helpful and I haven't had any other reason to contact them.

Available Rates
Because it's prepaid it doesn't really have rates, at least not like regualr cards.

Ok for online purchases

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

I have received a Visa Gift Card and have given Visa Gift Cards and I have found that I do not really like the way they work. I purchased one so I could order online and not have to worry about anyone having my debit card or credit card information and therefore not be charged for things I shouldnt. I have found that there are some stores online that do not take it even after I register it online with my address. Also I do not like that I had a dollar or two left on it because unless you purchase something for a dollar you are always left with some kind of balance on it even if it is a little change or a dollar still they are making that money off of us. I also do not like the 3.95 or 4.95 cost to purchase the card. All in all I would not recommend this card for anything except online shopping and not even that at some stores. I also found you can not use it at gas pumps either so even if you have fifty dollars on it the gas pump will refuse it and you have to take it inside to pay for gas. It is a bit inconvenient at the least.

Customer Service
I did not really have to deal with customer service so I really do not know.

Available Rates
Kind of expensive as far as the service charge to purchase this card.

• Available Rates:

Great way to receive rebate payments

Comments about Visa Gift Card:

I generally receive prepaid Visa gift cards when receiving a payment for a consumer or household goods rebate. Over the last year, for example, I completed separate rebates for mouthwash, deodorant, makeup, and shaving products, and six weeks later received the Visa gift cards with card number, special code, expiration, and directions for activation, and activity and balance inquiries via the specified website or toll-free number. Even though they don't tend to be very long-dated for me, usually 3-8 months, because of how I shop, I'm always finding small amount deals for purchase, and these disposable cards are perfect for payment at unknown or upstart sites, or perhaps known sites, but places I don't shop too often. While I wish that these cards were refillable, because sometimes I want to use a prepaid card and the leftover amount might be a little short, I understand that because they are so short-dated, refilling them really isn't possible. Overall, i am very pleased with Visa prepaid gift cards, and love getting them as payment for rebates.