Other Cooking Tools & Gadgets:
Vidalia Chop Wizard

Vidalia Chop Wizard

Pros

Cons

Vidalia Chop Wizard is a time saver!

I have owned my Vidalia Chop Wizard for several years and love it! The chopper comes with two size attachments- a larger "chopped" size and a smaller "diced" size. This works out perfectly when making homemade salsa- I can chop my tomatoes in the larger size and the other veggies, like green pepper, jalapeno and onion in the smaller size. It gives my salsa, and other dishes, a very professional appearance.

I also love that the entire chopper is dishwasher safe!! This makes cleaning so easy. Although sometimes you must use the small tool provided to first clean out some of the big pieces.

The few cons of the chopper: sometimes little pieces of food do get stuck in the blades. The blades seem to become a bit dull over time. For some foods, you have to press really hard, especially if your vegetables are not very crisp.

Overall, I highly reccomend the chopper- it's a great time saver!

Sometimes onions and tomato skins get caught in the metal chopper and are hard to remove.

Vidalia Chop Wizard is Handy, but Limited

I have never derived much enjoyment from cooking. I like eating and I like to critique different foods and beverages, but I prefer to leave the preparation to others. However, I realize fully that some simple preparation is necessary from time to time and one kitchen gadget that helps make chopping easier is the **Vidalia Chop Wizard Food Processor**, a simple cutting device.

**Chopper Commentary:**First, let's talk about the facts. The Vidalia Chop Wizard Food Processor is a manual cutting device comprised of a base, cutting platform, and handle. The base of this device is made from see- through plastic and contains cup markings on one side and milliliter markings on the opposite side. The cutting platform is green in color with a stainless steel blade, roughly in the center. The handle is white with a textured grid section on the underside that helps to hold the food in place as it gets pressed through the blades. The Vidalia Chop Wizard Food Processor is a simple kitchen tool that is useful for chopping vegetables and some fruits. We have owned this device for about one month and it has been useful for simple food preparation. We have used it for cutting onions, apples, pears, and similar foods. The sharp, stainless steel blades chop food into uniform pieces, saving much time and effort. The Vidalia Chop Wizard Food Processor serves as both a chopper and a quick measuring tool. Like I said above, the sides of the base are marked with cup and milliliter levels. Once you have pressed the food through the blades, all you need to do is lift the device and turn it upright. The cup and milliliter markings will show you exactly how much you have. This is nice because it eliminates the need to pour the chopped contents into a measuring cup first, to check the precise number of cups. The base of this device already has a built- in measuring cup, and this eliminates this added step to the food prep process.  Chopping food with this device is usually pretty simple, but with many food items, it is often necessary to slice them into smaller pieces before sending them through the blades. Also, you need to be prepared to exert some force with some foods, such as potatoes. Another possible disadvantage of this product is that it comes with only two blade inserts. This isn't going to be nearly enough for the serious chef and it greatly limits the chopper's usefulness.  Vidalia Chop Wizard Food Processor is dishwasher safe and it does come with a special cleaning device to help clean the grid area (that helps to push the food through the blades). This cleaning aid, however, is somewhat limited in use and I have found that I often need to grab a butter knife and use it instead. The claw- like device is better than nothing, but it isn't as helpful as it could be.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Everyone could use a little help in the kitchen with food preparation and the Vidalia Chop Wizard Food Processor is a decent kitchen aid for simple chopping jobs. It is completely manual and it takes a good push to chop certain foods, but it is still better than no assistance at all and it can come in very handy for those with limited food preparation needs.

Hard to clean.

Comments about Vidalia Chop Wizard:

I love the ease of chopping with the Vidalia wizard but it is hard to clean all the old food out and plastic in my food was something I cannot tolerate.

I find it hard to clean the white grates that hold the onion or vegetable to be chopped.

I recently found small bits of white plastic in the potato that I was cutting.

I love the idea of this chopper but the draw back is the plastic coming off in my food and the fact that food gets stuck in the blades and whit plastic food holder.

Great product, but cleaning can be difficult.

from Westfield, IN

Comments about Vidalia Chop Wizard:

I have had a Chop Wizard for a few years and I love it. It makes dicing onions and tomatoes for salsa a snap (I even add in a few avocados for some guacamole). My husband likes to dice up some extra vegetables to add to sauces and pasta. It doesn't take up much space, which is great for us. It does take a little elbow grease when chopping some onions, but overall it is very easy to use. I like that everything ends up in some small bowl and can easily be combined and tossed into a serving dish. The only problem is that our "cleaning tool" has become mangled and cleaning out the grates takes so much time! I wish I could find a replacement.

Vidalia Chop Wizard is a time saver!

from Waterloo, IA

Comments about Vidalia Chop Wizard:

Overall, I highly reccomend the chopper- it's a great time saver!

Amazing

from Cumming, GA

Comments about Vidalia Chop Wizard:

This dicer is amazing! It is easy to use and to clean. Comes apart easily and is just as easy to put back together. A real time saver if you do a lot of cooking which I do. It also saves your fingernails (which I have been known to slice off when I am dicing things). Highly recommend this item for your kitchen!

Hard to clean, but VERY convenient

from Houston, TX

Comments about Vidalia Chop Wizard:

This product is good value for the money, and I'm willing to store it in my very small kitchen.  For chopping veggies, it's great.  I have a friend who ruined hers by trying to chop something that was too hard.  Trying to clean it if something gets stuck is difficult.

Works, but has it's limitations

from Houston, TX

Comments about Vidalia Chop Wizard:

I find myself using this gadget quite often, even with it's limitations. The blade area itself is quite small so you have to cut your food item into small pieces before you chop it. Also, the chopping item is square, whereas onions, which it is designed for are round. The blades are very sharp, which is good, but the grid area on the "plunger" are quite closely spaced, making cleaning very difficult.The pieces go together and come apart easily, and though that helps in putting it together, it can also slip apart while you are trying to chop. It would be better if the pieces nested inside each other for storing, all you can do is stack them, but they don't "settle" very well and slide around.All in all, OK quality for the money you spend.

great product

from Aurora, OH

Comments about Vidalia Chop Wizard:

I saw the Vidalia Chop Wizard advertiment, then found it in a local store.  It wasn't too expensive, so I bought it.  It works as it is advertised, which is sometimes rare these days.  It goes in the dishwasher and doesn't take up a lot of storage space.  I bought another to give as a gift.

This is the best kitchen gadget EVER!

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Vidalia Chop Wizard:

I love kitchen gadgets, and this is the BEST! It chops quickly and easily, is easy to clean, and stores in a small place. The price is right, it would make a great gift, and I highly recommend it.   I love it! I plan to give it as gifts this holiday season .... you should too!

Problem with knob holding lid on.

from Fairbank, IA

Comments about Vidalia Chop Wizard:

I love my Chop Wizard - have only one problem. One of the knobs on the outside (the top slips onto them) broke and I tried to super glue it back - it didn't work. So it presents somewhat of a problem when chopping. However, with some manipulation I can still use it. At any rate - I use it constantly. It is terrific for chopping veggies for vegetable soup.

Can't live without the Vidalia Chop Wizard!

from Sioux Falls, SD

Comments about Vidalia Chop Wizard:

The Vidalia Chop Wizard is by far one of my favorite items in the kitchen! I wanted one for so long but I held out because I worried about how useful it was and if it really worked all that well. I am so glad I decided to take the plunge and buy this wonderful gadget.

Not only is the chop wizard easy to use and clean I find it to be safe for my young children to use also. I have a boy who just loves to help Mommy in the kitchen so chopping vegtables with the Chop Wizard is something we both feel good about. Of course children should always be watched carefully in the kitchen!

While I find this to be a very useful tool in the kitchen there are a couple of negatives to it. I would not recommend this for anybody who has problems with strength in their hands and arms. It takes a lot of force to push harder vegtables through! I also find it almost useless and find it easier to chop some vegtables by hand.