Other Body Lotions:

Victoria's Secret Ultra-Softening Body Butter

Pros

Cons

excellent product

I love this product! the smell of it is soo good.  My boyfriend loves the smell. LOL. He told me that if I go on a date with him, I have to make sure I have this smell on. hehe. I apply it every night before I go to sleep (and of course, when I go out with my boyfriend), and my skin is so soft the next morning. My skin is supper smooth and radiant.  It really repairs my skin and make all the rough parts on my skin soft.  My feet are super dry, so I use it on my legs often. I normally don't buy victoria's secret products because they are expensive, but this butter is considered a good price to me.  It is such a good product that I ask my friends to buy me as a gift. I used other  butter products before this and they could not keep my feet moist. After using this product, it was like a miracle to me.  I never experience a butter that keep my dry feet soft and smooth. My hands are very dry also, so I apply this product on my hands.  A week later, my hands were completely soft and smooth.  My neck is soft as well after I used this product. I have no idea what I will do without this precious product. I hope victoria's secret will never discontinue this product!

Not the best

I tried this body butter because I love the Secret Garden fragrances, and I've always been a fan of the luxuriously smooth, scented skin that other body butters have offered me. So I was a bit disappointed when I received my mail today. Maybe it's just me, but the VS Body Butter feels cheap all around, especially when it comes to packaging. In fact, I'm pretty sure the cheap plastic they use for packaging actually has an impact on the smell of the product. I noticed that the Amber Romance in particular smells very... off. (Others have noted that the product smells similarly, so I can't be too wrong here.)

I thought the body butter went on pretty slimey. Whereas BBW's shea butter goes on with a texture more fitting to the name, the Victoria's Secret attempt feels like regular lotion.

The product isn't as terrible as I'm making it out, especially considering I got a bunch on sale for a fraction of the cost of competitors. And i'm sure it's nice if you can get past that strange scent. Overall nothing special.

Lovely scent

Comments about Victoria's Secret Ultra-Softening Body Butter:

This body butter truly does soften skin. It works amazing when applied to freshly showered, dewy skin. The scent is amazing and makes me feel as if I am at a tropical resort or spa. I would have appreciated it if Victoria's Secret came out with this same product but in a pump bottle, so that I would have an easier time distributing the product. The jar packaging can become messy, since its hassle to put on the lid after use. It is even harder to do so when my hands become greasy from the product.

The scent is long lasting. It does not fade into the skin and disappear. I love how it lingers and reminds me of how amazing my skin smells.

Absorption
The product lives up to its softening claim, because this lotion smooths and softens skin, along with evening out the skin tone. I like the fact that it absorbs well, without leaving any residue.

Effective for everyday use. I would have appreciated if this product also came in a pocket size container so that I can carry it around in my purse!

Great body butter

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Victoria's Secret Ultra-Softening Body Butter:

I purchased this when Victoria Secret was having the semi annual sale at a great price. I like to use body butter that is fragrant enough you you do not need to follow up with a perfume. This product does exactly that. The fragrance is amazing, it smells so good, yet isn't too heavy or overpowering. The scent stayed with my skin so well, and I was actually given compliments on the perfume I was wearing, when I was not wearing any at all.
I wasn't too fond of the way this body butter goes on, it is more of a hard texture in the can, and can be hard to get out. I like when the butter goes on as more of a creme base. This product lasts a long time and it is one that I do use often. I like the way it makes my skin smell and it really lasts all day long. I will buy this in the future and recommend anyone to use if they are looking for a great scent without spending a lot of money.

Absorption
It absorbs very well and does not leave skin feeling oily or greasy.

• Absorption:

Love the Coconut Passion Variety!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Victoria's Secret Ultra-Softening Body Butter:

I love body butters and when I received this Ultra-Softening Body Butter as a gift I was excited to use it.

The scent was Coconut Passion since the giver knew my love of all things coconut. This was a lovely coconut scent, not artificial at all, and smelling rather like a pina colada which is just perfect for summertime.

The butter itself was thick, but not too thick, and was easy to apply. It soaks in quite quickly and leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth, and hydrated but never sticky or greasy as some butters tend to do.

At about eight ounces this tub lasts quite a long time, despite daily all over use.

This also makes a great, intensive foot moisturizer when slathered on and covered by socks before bedtime. By morning my feet are soft and silky and smell like coconut which is perfect for sandal season.

Between the nice moisturizing, fast absorption, and great scent this is an all around winner and I highly recommend it to any coconut fiend!

• Absorption:

Best scent, best moisturizer!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Victoria's Secret Ultra-Softening Body Butter:

Pure seduction is my favorite scent in this collection (much better than love spell!) and body butter is the new lotion-absorbing faster and moisturizing better! Only a little is needed, as too much butter can leave skin feeling greasy and not luxurious. However, by only using a little, this butter lasts at least twice as long as lotions would! I use it in the places you would spray perfume, on my neck, chest, shoulders, hands, and anywhere that could use a little moisture with a great scent (don't waste on your feet ladies)! I have even dabbed a little into my hair for a great smell all day long, and it kept my hair soft and smooth all day as well! When applied to just the ends of hair, it keeps the ends sleek and together (can't tell I have split ends!) and it smelled great when my boyfriend leaned in close. All around the best smelling body butter from Victoria's, hands down.

The scent is fresh and truly seductive, my boyfriend loves in and leans in close to kiss my neck all the time.

Absorption
It absorbs quick and leaves skin soft and smooth (as well as hair!)

This body butter leaves skin soft and even with a glittery sheen to it. It leaves hair soft and smelling amazing, and it is an all around must have product for dates and nights out!

• Absorption:

the best body butter you can buy

Comments about Victoria's Secret Ultra-Softening Body Butter:

This is one of my favorite body butters out there. I love body butter for my skin and this Victorias Secret ultra softening body butter one works awesome. They have many different scents in these but my favorite is the pure seduction one and secret crush. After I take a shower I apply this body butter cream all over my body. The texture is light, creamy, and rich. It glides right on your skin for a smooth finish without looking oily or greasy. It smells so delicious and sweet. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth through out my whole day. My body always feels hydrated and enriched. Its very moisturizing to my skin and it has aloe vera in it. These body butters are a bit pricey at Victorias Secret, but its totally worth the money. It comes with a lot and it lasts a long time. I always stock on these when they have a sale because I love this ultra softening body butter. You will be completely satisfied with it.

• Absorption:

Wonderful Scent and great product!

Comments about Victoria's Secret Ultra-Softening Body Butter:

Leaves skin soooo soft!! Love! Will continue to buy! And the scent just makes it that much better! Finally something that works!

One of my new favorites! A huge bonus on the wonders this lotion butter already does!

Absorption
No problems here! Absorps easy and relatively quick!

Leaves my skin incredibly soft and smooth!

• Absorption:

Wonderful texture and endulgent coolness

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Victoria's Secret Ultra-Softening Body Butter:

The testure of the body butter is a souffle that seems to melt into the skin after a bath, hydrating and firming dry wrinkled areas, especially the arms and chest.

Sweet and exotic, but almost too light. If I would change anything, it would be to offer a strongly scented option.

Absorption
It soaks in and makes my skin feel softer and smoother without making it greasy. Creases by the eyes smoothen out, and dry arm skin plumps up and shines. Dry outer t6highs also feel smoother, and rough patches on my hands and feet imptove as well.

An effective indulgence. If its purpose is to fragrance the skin while moisturizing it, it's then quite effective.

amazing stuff in a jar

Comments about Victoria's Secret Ultra-Softening Body Butter:

This stuff is awesome!!!! I initially received it as a bridal shower prize, but I love it and when it runs out I will absolutely buy more! It is more firm or thick than I expected, but it goes on so easily and absorbs really quickly. It may have a thicker consistency, but it doesnt stay on top of your skin, and it doesn't leave you feeling sticky afterwards. I use it everywhere, and especially right after a shower so it really sinks in. It absorbs really fast and I feel so soft within ten minutes, I love how it doesn't feel greasy but has great effects!! The next day, my skin feels noticeably softer and doesnt look dry or flaky at all; i dont have to reapply lotion at all the next day! My husband even commented that he loves it when I butter up haha. Actually I think I'll make sure I don't run out of this, it's my favorite winter lotion! And Sparkling Citrus-the green one- is my favorite scent, but I would use any of them!! Definitely recommend!!

• Absorption:

Best thing you could buy

Comments about Victoria's Secret Ultra-Softening Body Butter:

I can't say how much I love this product. It makes my skin so unbelievably soft and butter smooth. I used to have dry spots on my elbows and since I've been using this almost daily they're gone. Same with my feet, I apply this at night with socks over it so it absorbs even more. All of these body butters smell amazing, I haven't smelt one yet that smells bad. This isn't greasy at all, absorbs right away I don't need to use a lot either. I have somewhat sensitive skin, a lot of things scented I can't always use because it makes me break out or gives me these little bumps but I have used many of these and I don't have that problem. I always stock up during the semi annual sale, I will never be with out Victoria's Secret body butter. I have tried other body butter in the past but nothing compares to this one. These would make great stocking stuffers for the girls in your life, I recommend these to anyone with dry skin! Simply amazing

Delightful

Comments about Victoria's Secret Ultra-Softening Body Butter:

I really liked this product. It's pretty much a lotion with a thicker consistency. And this tub lasts for months and months, even with frequent use. You only need a little bit and it feels sooo good going onto your skin. It takes a tiny bit for your hands and leaves them silky smooth. If you get too much, you're probably going to feel a bit greasy and it takes a bit of effort to get it absorbed into your skin. It's pretty important that you get a smell you really love, and sometimes the same fragrance can smell different from the body mist to the body butter. So pre-smell before you purchase :) I think it's a little pricey, but if you normally shop at Victoria's Secret then you won't be phased. And seeing as how it lasts so freaking long, I still think it would be worth the price if it's a scent you enjoy and a product you love. I would recommend it for almost all skin types. I have slightly sensitive skin and it did not affect me negatively whatsoever. It's definitely not a product I would use on my face, but the rest of the body (especially your feet) it does exactly what it promises.